 Trains / 19432
19431  |  19433
Subject:
Origin of the Fallen Flag idea for LTC logos (wasRe: Train company logos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 04:40:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
Go see:
http://www.iltco.org/clubs/

There are probably 7 logos on there that are NOT his work. All the really
great ones are in fact his work.

So are you saying that the non-John logos are sub-par compaired to the ones
John did? ;)

Au contrare, JT!  In fact, I credit *you* for the whole idea of adopting a
fallen flag as an LTC logo as you first did with the Southern Railroad logo
for the North Georgia LEGO Train Club.  I remember thinking what a cool idea
it was

Uh, must have been an implanted memory...

and I ran with it when I designed the GMLTC logo based on the Milwaukee Road.
It would be fun to try and reconstruct the timeline of LTC FF logos.

Actually PNLTC was first to publicly change thier logo to a FF as I
remember, we (NGLTC) where working on the SR version for ourselves. They
beat us to the punch.

Okay, in a shocking display of amnesic modesty, *I* was the first
to create a FF logo for an LTC (GMLTC).  I don't remember how I came up with
the idea-- I thought I had gotten it from JT, but the dates don't work out.
I have a file with a create date of 1-14-99 that has a *U*MLTC logo in it using
the Milwaukee Road (along the BNSF and the C&NW).  Shortly thereafter it was
converted to *G*MLTC.  We had t-shirts by my first show with the club that
Spring in LaCrosse, WI.

So the idea originated with me, and it was either JT's club or the PNLTC who
picked up the FF ball and ran with it later in '99.

We should reconstruct a timeline to put up on the ILTCO web site-- model
railroaders would get a kick out of it....

JOHN