 Trains / 19375
Re: House layout (Was: Re: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:48:26 GMT

If someone did truly lay track all over the house you would have to cut
tunnels for the track to pass between rooms. I know a guy who's done this.
He cut two holes which link his layout in bedroom 1 to his marshalling yard
in bedroom 2 travelling across the landing between the two.

The idea was to drive through the doorways.

Um.  My layout has 6 holes in walls.  (Right now only 4 have track in them- and
not all of that is connected)  Grade is 2 plates/track piece, and it would not
really be practical to go overhead for each door regardless of how you did it
(rack).  Lift out bridges are a pain in the butt, I have 2, and are redesigning
to eliminate one of those.  I've had a lego pure lifting bridge before, and it
didn't work all that well...Ben F. has built one as well (a two level one...)
and that supposedly worked rather better.

James