 Technic / 9408
Re: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:23:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
In lugnet.technic, Anders Isaksson writes:

BTW, you should be careful with all that Lego planning, buying and so on,
you might suddenly have more room than you want in your (suddenly • single)
new apartment!

Hey, SHE is the one who wants tons of LEGO rail so my (our) train can pass • thru
all rooms...

I used to want a set-up like when I was younger.

I always wondered how to get the track (set at waist height) across open
doorways. Do you have a drawbridge or attach the track to the back of the
door. Either way you'd need an interlock to stop someone bursting in and
cutting your train in half. I suppose nowadays people go for those really high
ones that go over the door, but their so high how are you supposed to see
them?

A good compromise would be a shay or something. Some logging loco's had
friction drive for the flat and rack drive for the mountainous sections.
That way you could climb over doorways via a slope and then return to a
lower level for viewing.

This system might also allow you take the train upstairs via the staircase.

If someone did truly lay track all over the house you would have to cut
tunnels for the track to pass between rooms. I know a guy who's done this.
He cut two holes which link his layout in bedroom 1 to his marshalling yard
in bedroom 2 travelling across the landing between the two.

Besides I pay all the bills except the food so she can't complain, really.

Cushy Number :-)

Steve