 Technic / 9419
Re: what is technic, WAS: SAAB JAS 39 Gripen, step 1 - planning.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 06:49:05 GMT

Nope, that's what I did with Hercules and it won't happen again. It's
ugly.

hercules is great
the only one thing makes it ugly
mixed colors (sorry)

Oh, it's not only the mixed colors that makes it ugly. Sure the shape is there
and the functions but I'm not satisfied with it. Some day I might go back and
do it properly in MiniFig scale.

i know it is always not enough bricks
especialy for so big creation
but maybe you wouldn't say "it won't happen again. It's ugly"

MOC's can be built with flexi tubes and panels and still look great, Andreas
Grazi is a wonderful example of that (I wonder where he went?):
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=grazi

Ooohhh! He's done some new stuff, go check it out!

if you could buid grippen having flexible axles in proper color
(but not tubing they indeed looks ugly :)

I'm thinking grey macaroni will do the curvy bits nice, I'll have to check that
out. Of course it will take an absolute ton of them...
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/3063

Does anyone know how many of them can be found in the Santa Fe cars? They also
come in clear in them, cockpit material :)

In <set:10022> there seems to be 6 in grey and 4 in clear.
<set:10025> does not seem to have any at all.

Never the less all Santa Fe kits have lot's of rounded parts in grey, looks
like a Gripen parts pack to me :)

great creation anyway
and great idea

good luck