 Technic / 9418
Re: City Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 22:20:57 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford writes:
Another minifig scale crane using parts from the new "bridge parts"
accessory pack.

http://www.lugnet.com/~469/projects/citycrane

Nice!

Thanks!

I'd like to see better photos of the outriggers

The boom is made from the horizontal bridge parts connected upside down. this
makes a very rigid and reasonably light boom, and as LEGO made the fortuitous
decision to include slots down the side, which mate with these
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/32028, it made it much easier to make the
traveller. It just has a couple of those modified plates on each side which
slide in the slots. You can see a little detail here
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=329942, together with this
render http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=329943 which shows what
the traveller looks like inside.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=329942 also shows the
construction of the boom a bit closer as well as the turntable.

and of the turntable though. Is
the turntable also geared and can it be disconnected so the crane are free to
rotate in the wind?

The turntable http://peeron.com/inv/parts/3403b is always free to turn in the
wind! As with all my minifig cranes, it is totally amnual operation 8?) However
it has some tiles around it, which provide sufficient friction so that it stays
where it is until the Hand Of Rosco moves it (also makes it much more stable
obviously).

And where's the trailer, truck n' all? :)

Hey, I'm the crane guy! I'll leave the trucks to others who are good at it 8?)

ROSCO