 Trains / 19368
Re: Train Wheel Friction?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 22:43:29 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Peter Naulls writes:

Mark Riley wrote:
There was a thread several months ago dealing with the issue of the
new train wheels rubbing on the blocks.  The thread mostly mentioned
the problem in relation to the gray wheelsets that come with the Santa Fe
loco and cars.  However, I've also noticed the friction problem with the
black wheelsets that come with the My Own Train sets.

I also have a battery train running on 9v track - as you can imagine,
this is ridiculously slippery, as I lack rubber tyres for the wheels.
I've been experimenting with sellotape strips on the wheels, and this
seems to improve matters.

Someone mentioned a while back that they found a good thin-walled rubber hose
about the right diameter, and cut rings off that to provide grip for the old
4.5v wheels. I can't lay my hands on the post right now....

ROSCO