 Trains / 19353
19352  |  19354
Subject:
Train Wheel Friction?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:38:48 GMT

There was a thread several months ago dealing with the issue of the
new train wheels rubbing on the blocks.  The thread mostly mentioned
the problem in relation to the gray wheelsets that come with the Santa Fe
loco and cars.  However, I've also noticed the friction problem with the
black wheelsets that come with the My Own Train sets.

I've been using a hobby knife to remove a small bit of plastic where the
wheels rub the block as mentioned in this thread:

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=18127

This mod is easy to perform and allows the wheels to run very smooth
and noiselessly.

I guess my questions are:

How have people been dealing with this problem?  Performing the
modification?  Doing nothing and not worring?  Not noticing a problem?

Also, has there been any further response from Lego concerning this
issue?

Thanks,

Mark