 Trains / 19360
Re: Train Wheel Friction?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:32:28 GMT

I contacted Lego Direct and presented the problem to them stating that there
was significant drag on the gray wheel sets.  In the course of the
discussion the lady (name escapes me) who is the customer service rep for
trains was not aware of this problem because their test model did not show
any signs of drag.  I advised her that Jake McKee was aware of the situation
(http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=17925).  She eventually called me back and
stated that yes there was a bad lot of grey wheels and that it had been
corrected.  As my set (four locomotives and five of the rail cars) all
showed drag, I therefore required 36 replacement wheels that Lego did not
have and I was advised to modify them as per the modifications posted here
on LUGNET or I could return all the wheels and Lego would replace them when
they had enough spares to complete my order.  I have subsequently modified
all my wheel housings and the train runs as well as my other trains.

Achim