 Trains / *5669 (-100)
  Re: 4 Wides!!

Sweet! I'm starting to get really into these microfig scales... Looks real good, I like the way you used the 1x1 plates w/clip (or whatever you call those)... Nice job! -Shiri (At least, on average you're building six-wide now... (4+8)/2 = 6... ;-) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  4 Wides!!

Just when you all thought I was heading for 1:1 scale! Here are a few 4 wide creations I built utilizing HO scale trucks. I am going to eventually "sticker them up" and run them on someone's HO layout at our next train show. At least I know of 2 (...) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Znap and trestles

I bought several of the Znap sets at TRU, figuring that the Znap part was near-worthless (to me, anyway) based on reading about it in Lugnet, but that the motor and connecting wire made the purchase worthwhile, especially since S@H doesn't sell (...) (25 years ago, 10-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 14-wides!

(...) ...as if John and Larry didn't have enough to fight over in the 6-w vs. 8-w trains... :-) (j/k... nive job, John!) -Shiri (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 14-wides!

(...) Great work! They look cool. I have been looking in to doing the same kind of thing for weeks. I guess you beat me to the punch. See Ya... Robin W. GFLTC (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at the H & R Show...

It works now so I'm off to check it out. I guess there was something temporarily awry about my computer (there always is...) -Shiri (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at the H & R Show...

(...) What ISP do you use? Maybe they locked you out. It works for me at home and at work. And they have a good firewall where I work. Robin W. (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures of GFLTC at the H & R Show...

(...) Is the address right? -Shiri (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of GFLTC at the H & R Show...

Pictures of the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club(GFLTC) at the H & R Trains Spring Show in Pinellas Park, Florda are now on-line. Check them out at: (URL) Ya... Robin W. GFLTC (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 14-wides!

John, 3 feet long!? Very cool caboose and box car. Can I come over and play? Chris (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 14-wides!

Holy cow, guys! I just uploaded those and didn't even get a chance to announce them;-) Those pics were taken at the LaCrosse Train Show last month. I just got a new DV camera and put in my firewire card last night so I have been experimenting around (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 14-wides!

(...) That's great work. Very ingenious working in Belville scale. I just want to know what trucks he's using for what kind of track. Has he just gone and mounted on "O" guage and gotten it over with? Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** (...) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  14-wides!

John Neal has made some incredibly realistic 14 wide trains that he has put up pictures of at (URL) (25 years ago, 9-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New engine: DB103 for set #7740

James: Great work !! I really like it especially the detailed nose section. I also like DB139 in green. Both are really beautiful. Masayuki "NYANTA" Ogura my web site (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wheel Arrangement (Re: Stupid question about steam engines)

(...) says (...) Yep, it's a British book for British people and the standard is accepted completely here. I'm going to LDraw a 'Le Shuttle' Channel Tunnel locomotive one day - it's a Bo-Bo-Bo. Carbon 60 (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) Right. I have an MG Midget and I used to have an E-Type Jaguar. So I am well acquainted with the evil that Lucas has perpetrated. Two quickies Q:Why do the British drink warm beer? A:Because they like it? Q:WRONG. It's because they have Lucas (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Wheel Arrangement (Re: Stupid question about steam engines)

In lugnet.trains, Simon Denscombe writes: To Simon, thanks, I will, when I get a chance. To the extent that I agree with it, anyway. It speaks authoritatively but neglects to mention that what it says is not universally accepted. To everyone. PLEASE (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Part repairs

Either of these methods has some risk. Lay the plate on a peice of glass in the sun. It should flatten in a few hours. Cool it while it is still on the glass. This one is a little riskier, Lay the plate on a flat dish with a small amount of water (...) (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: BIg boy

Hey Stacy, I like it! Very sleek, I love the design. The angle that the pics were taken at adds to the effect... tres chic! Keep up the good work! -Shiri (25 years ago, 8-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) have (...) Yes, I'm actually a real live minifig and your big huge trains scare me (too many echos). Jon Ps We call Joe Lucas "The Prince of Darkness" over here! (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Wheel Arrangement (Re: Stupid question about steam engines)

(...) You might want to add this to your info page or something: "For main line diesel and electric locomotives the system whereby the number of driven axles on a bogie or frame is denoted by a letter (A=1, B=2, C=3 etc.) and the number of undriven (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Europe contra USA

(...) Lighten up, Frances [1]-- we are just kidding around. -John [1] Quoted from....anyone? anyone? {2] ...... from "Stripes" [2] Bueller? Bueller? ;-) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  BIg boy

Finally I have posted a few more pics of the big boy. I apoligize that the pics are a little dark. More pics to come as soon as I get batteries for my camera. Thanks to Kenny Rogers for taking the pics. (URL) B. (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) I agree. There's really no need to detail in depth the many ways the Brits have messed up the entire world in this group. :-) We can take that up in off-topic.debate or off-topic.fun (depending on your perspective (1) ) Seriously, when I say (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

:-) (...) Our Version is called the Reliant Robin Van, and has three (wheels, that is) Jon . (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) Errr...what have I started here? I'll say this in my best US accent "chill out, man" (hope that sounds like the real thing). All meant in jest, maybe us Brits are not the ones with the 'stiff upper lip' after all! Jon (ps British humour is (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Advertising for Auctions

Hello It was just explained to me, being new here that i shouldn't make any kind of adverts for Auctions here, sorry about that and promise not to do it again. Paul (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hopper/engine plates

(...) moulded (...) Originally used as baseplates to sit on top of the old 4.5v motors, I believe Huw (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: new (old) tank car design

(...) congrats on the find for the lattice pieces, now they have a purpose in life other than taking up space in my 'useless' box :-) ...you can go back to ignoring me now... wubwub stephen f roberts wamalug guy ((URL) #160 (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  726

Hi again Forgot something, if anybody is lopoking for a good old american style train set, see following link, the sets are complete, but instructions are copied for those who cvan't read german, i know the seller, when he say complete he means (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Europe contra USA

Hello Was reading your argument over Trains in USA against those in the America, of course size of the countries and room have a lot to do with it, don't forget that most countries here are smaller then 90% of the States with a population, that (...) (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Part repairs

I've got 3 train plates (6x28 I think), which have a permanent bend in them [one has the long sides flexed out a bit], and I was wondering how I should go about straightening them out. Benjamin Whytcross BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) Europeans actually use their trains, though :) If there's anything dinky in Europe, it's there trucks. No king-of-the-highway road-hogging 18 wheelers :) --Bram (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains by Ben

(...) It makes my 440 look crap by comparison. (25 years ago, 7-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) Wellllll....now, my handy dandy books show Mallard at 126 MPH and... In 1906 a steam powered car built by the Stanley brothers of Newtown, Massachusetts, and driven by Fred Marriott, set a new world land speed record of _127.66 mph_ at Ormond (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

Jonathan Reynolds <scorch@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message news:FsM7IH.An2@lugnet.com... (...) conversation...Hmmm... (...) was (...) to (...) As they no longer make steam engines as the industry standard, it is unlikely to be broken. (...) I (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) Your trains are dinky. There isn't much else that needs to be said, really. :-) ++Lar (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) thus (...) speaking, (...) wasn't (...) Running Joke? EuroTrash? Of course, As a responsible adult I would NEVER entertain the prolification of such a damaging line of conversation...Hmmm... ...who was it who invented the steam engine and the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains by Ben

I like your 4-4-0 very much. It is simple, elegant, and happy. I particularly like the cow catcher and the lantern. While many train MOCs have astonishing details, this simple locomotive looks like something Lego can and should make into an actual (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  new (old) tank car design

Pic of new tank car design (based on BenF's triangular lattice plate find) on PNLTC Gal under freight. (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 1x2x3 white train windows?!

(...) You've got good eyes! later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  1x2x3 white train windows?!

Looking at the new "Super Sport Coverage" soccer set, it sure looks to me like it includes two white 1x2x3 train windows! Go to www.zanybrainy.com and search for 'super sport coverage', and follow the link to the larger image. I suppose it's too (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Hopper/engine plates

I have several black 16x6 plates with large holes in the middle A couple have buffers moulded in as used in blue hopper wagons the rest do not and not sure what these were used in (other hoppers?, engines?) What sort of value do these have? Are they (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) Sorry, it's a running joke about American superiority over "Eurotrash"-- it wasn't meant to make sense... -John (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains by Ben

Ben, (...) took a (...) No problem, I have been there many times, I am sure my page is filled with errors (Well, I know there are many errors!), I will get to it eventually. Looks like some phenomanal trains though. Keep up the great work! It's a (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains by Ben

Sorry Scott, I was uploading the larger images in the background and it took a little longer then expected. They are all up now. Enjoy. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New trains by Ben

Ben, Wow, these are really nice trains. The only bigger picture that worked, however, is the 4-4-0 General, all the others crash. Scott S. -- Scott E. Sanburn Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Soon: The Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New trains by Ben

Just got my film back. Put a few of the pictures on line. The following page has large thumbnails linked to large, 400K+ images. The images are from a Koday PhotoCD. The resolution is better then most digital cameras and for $8.95 (from costco, 36 (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

Kadee is short for Keith and Dale (the K and the D) Edwards, the gentlemen that originated the Kadee couplers for model railroading. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) misteaks) I say the DD40AX is a BB-BB.. as it turns out it actually IS a D-D, I believe. The U50 is a BB-BB in that it uses span bolsters. ++Lar (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train windows in new soccer sets

(...) They are train windows but NOT train glass. It's just standard plastic... I have 4 new black train windows and glass. Is there any interest in such items? Dean <GRIN> -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) rails (...) wheels; (...) things? (...) for (...) Picking up on what James has written, the uneven power pulses of a traditional steam engine hammer the track - this eventually pushes the rails apart/sinks them. It's quite amazing to witness (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train windows in new soccer sets

(...) Thanks. Didn't know they'd come in blue, too. Very nice. later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) actually, (...) I'm not I understand why you say less is better. Your point about spreading the weight over more wheels to protect the track is correct. The Garratts are used on narrow guage as well as standard guage track. To run that big an (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Train windows in new soccer sets

I didn't see this posted yet, so... The lego website has a soccer link on it now. The link lets you view the new sets and I noticed that the train bus comes in 4 different colors, with train windows in red, white, black and BLUE. -Jeff (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) some (...) Thanks a lot Matt, As if I needed anymore inspiration. Those Garratts are great! Looks like I am now going to have to build one. I guess I'll pencil it in behind the Jawn Henry. I think I need more parts. Again, Thanks Matt,:) Stacy (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) I wasn't referring to power so much as overall weight bearing down upon the rails themselves. So if you had rails on a soft bed, you couldn't utilize engines whose weight wasn't distributed over X amount of drivers/and or unpowered wheels; it (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) It doesn't matter! It is FOA which matters, if you have 100 powered wheels or 2 powered wheels, if you have the same weight above them, you can deliver the same torque to the track to start the train. (FOA=Factor Of Adhesion, Tractive (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: source for black train roof pieces

(...) 4559 has this in good quantities, and it's "recent". This is a Joshua Delahunty question. ++Lar (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  source for black train roof pieces

Is there a current or recent set that has the Slope Brick 45 2x6x2/3 (ldraw #2875) train roof pieces in black, ala Metroliner? I found a couple in something I just parted out, but didn't note which set it was. (Doh!) If this is already addressed in (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

Of course, more wasn't better. More wheels meant less weight per wheel thus protecting rails which couldn't support that much weight. Generally speaking, this is why Euro..er stuff has more wheels per pound than US stuff. So actually, less is (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

For steam engines with the most total wheels I think the title might go to some of the Garratt locomotives in Africa and Australia. Some of them had wheel arrangements of 4-8-4+4-8-4 for a total of 32. Only 16 of the wheels were powered however. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Does anyone have reference pics of a Virginian X-A?

I am going to attempt to construct one in ldraw & I want reference pictures. (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) Looking at this web site: (URL) since it doesn't specifically have a category for most driving wheels, may not include the engine with the most driving wheels (though one would expect such an engine to rank in the top 10 by at least one of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) On a related topic, which steam engine (out of all the ones ever made) had the most number of driving wheels? the most total # of wheels? (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Allanton NZ new creations

In lugnet.build, Allan J. Smith writes: <snip> (...) Interesting. NZ doesn't have special engines for passenger service with Head End Power? A HEP car is often used when standard freight engines are used in passenger service. (...) Cute work. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) Acctually I think it's a good question, most books etc. assume you know some jargon already so if you're new to the train-hobby I can imagine it's confusing. <answer snipped> (...) Larry has a page with some RR jargon on it. At the bottom of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) This is the White (SP) system in action. First number is the # of wheels in the leading truck (unpowered) 2nd # is the # of powered wheels, 3rd # is unpowered trailing wheels. All on Loco. Of course, those are relatively easy engines, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Great Looking Express Train

(...) OK, I found another concealed link! Check out this for more incredible Japanese train and town stuff and don't miss the links at the bottom of the page! (URL) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  (canceled)

  Re: Great Looking Express Train

(...) It's a bit hard to find on the site, but check out this link... it has a Lego Nagano in day and night - talk about lots of lighting bricks! Incredible! (URL) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Great Looking Express Train

(...) You and me both! Those are incredible structures. I wish I had the time to put effort into such buildings. Thank you Kaki for sharing these pictures. Very inspiring. Tim Strutt 8^) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Stupid question about steam engines

(...) The first number is the number of wheels in the lead truck (ahead of the large wheels driven by the rods), divide by two for the number of wheels on one side. The 2nd number is the number of driven wheels, and the 3rd number is the number of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Stupid question about steam engines

Ok don't laugh me out of the group, but I have a very basic question about old steam engines. I don't understand the numbers for the wheel layouts. I thought I did, but after reading a book on train history this evening I'm even more confused than (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New engine: DB103 for set #7740

(...) Absolutley stunning. I really like the way you captured the solidness of this engine. I think it's because of the great use of rounded edges on both the top, front and back. This engine really brings the 7740 alive. I may have to attempt a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  New engine: DB103 for set #7740

My latest interest has been in doing "something" to revive my own interest in running my LEGO train set #7740 yellow/red passenger train. The result was to try to build a different likeness of the locomotive after which I think LEGO originally (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Great Looking Express Train

That country train station is new, relatively, to that site. His mixing of the wood and white bricks has a very nice effect. The roof details are very interesting too. Altogether that building has a look and feel that isn't common in the American (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: LEGO Train Club Calendar?

(...) I think it's a great idea! And for more than just the LTC's, I think it could be done for several different things. The LTC's probably have the best market for them, but other possibilities that come to mind are a calendar with Ldraw.org's (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: Great Looking Express Train

(...) incredible architecture!!! ^^, ^^, ^^, --Todd (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  LEGO Train Club Calendar?

I was wondering if there would be interest in putting together a LEGO Train calendar? There could be a contest of images submitted to the contest, LEGO train related images (i.e. Stations, layouts, rolling stock, engines, etc.). Then via a web site (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: Photos of the inside of one of my engines

Very good. Very very good. I assume it is powered via the train motor? If TLC ever let us have power pick up via a dumb boogie, this like this may become more common. Scott A "James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Photos of the inside of one of my engines

That is hot! Who would think there was so much detail inside. Great job. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:FsGx44.3DH@lugnet.com... (...) Kind of (...) just (...) (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 new MOC wagons for your delectation

(...) Cool stuff. Love the steel carriers. Jimmy (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Great Looking Express Train

(...) Hello Nicholas. Thank you for looking our town. That pictures when I had small meeting with my friends. That train build by Mr.KAKI. You can see more pictures on his site. But his site is only Japanese. (URL) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....

Well, I think I speak for many when I say we believed the joke, more so, because we wanted it to be true, rather than it's believability. Anyways, great job on the MOC's. I, for one, have been inspired. Congratulations. Tim Strutt 8^) In (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Photos of the inside of one of my engines

As noted, these are some photographs of the inside of one of my locos. Kind of like the Shay, this engine has cylinders which move. Unfortunatly, it is just a dummy unit, with no real power put to the track. (URL) P (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....

[X-Post & FUT .publish] (...) Using Corel Photopaint, I could easily mess with colors, add fake half-toning, etc, etc. I also have 1000+ fonts to match from... My only problem is that I would have to create hyper-realistic raytraces because I don't (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

I know it's terrible form to reply to one's own posts but I was too hasty to spot the even more impressive train here: (URL) Allan "Nicholas Allan" <nick@clunyterr.u-net.com> wrote in message news:FsGnH0.77y@lugnet.com... (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Great Looking Express Train

I was browsing through the Brickshelf gallery and saw the following great photograph. (URL) think it's quite like something out of Supermarionation (e.g. Thunderbirds) film. The author is Shinobu Yashiro and it certainly looks Japanese with that (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....

I saw the post first on Sunday night. I pulled up the page and was amazed; I couldn't believe that LEGO had made everything that everyone had been saying they wanted, so I was fooled for a bit. But then I thought about April Fool's, and kept (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....

(...) Grat job Reihnard You brought some fun in LUGNET that tends to be too serious. After all Lego has been made to bring fun to people. A big smile from Italy Marco PS anyway you did not catch me, but you had a good number of fishes even in Italy (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....

(...) Well, you have nothing to fear from me! :) I thought it was a wonderful April Fool's Joke! :) Of course, it makes me wonder why so many were fooled (I was the first to post that I thought it was a hoax). (...) And boy did you ever fool people! (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  8 new MOC wagons for your delectation

I have posted pictures of 8 new wagons: (URL) 4 hoppers and 4 steel-carrying wagons of various designs, and where appropriate, pictures of the prototype they are based on. You can also get to my last year's efforts from there, too. LMKWYT Huw (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....

<German Accent> Some people say that we Germans have no sense of humor. But let me assure you... we have ways to make you laugh. </German Accent> :-D I think Ben missed the sarcasm. Brian (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:FsEr2w.86L@lugnet.com... (...) are). I read on your page that the red engine is powered by technic motors... is it possible to post some more pictures of that? I'm very curious how (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....

(...) logo in the spoof. Normally one would say "fair use" or "parody" but I his newly minted term is quite appropriate in this case :) KL (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....

(...) [snip] Ben, Absolutely Brilliant work! You have set an exceptionally high (and achievable!) standard for TLC to aim for. KL (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....

(...) There have been some rumours that something new in the Train theme may pop up: (URL) it's hard to say if we can expect DCC or somthing similar. Or if the rumours are even true! Fredrik (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: April 1st / PLEASE don't kill me.....

Nice job Ben! I will admit that I was really hoping it was true, maybe someday it will be. One can only hope. jt Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote in message ... (...) joke. (...) my (...) some (...) glad, (...) of (...) of (...) out (...) at (...) all (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Rail Zeppelin and web page.

G'Day Wholy macaroni !! What a mess using NS 4.7. Works OK with IE. The page was created in Frontpage 2000 as a table, I guess this is a bad thing. Back to the drawing board. Cheers Oliver I'll bet there is a piece of code in a frontpage generated (...) (25 years ago, 3-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact