 Trains / 5458
Re: Stupid question about steam engines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 22:36:49 GMT

Jonathan Reynolds <scorch@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message
news:FsM7IH.An2@lugnet.com...
Running Joke? EuroTrash? Of course, As a responsible adult I would NEVER
entertain the prolification of such a damaging line of • conversation...Hmmm...

...who was it who invented the steam engine and the railway system?....who • was
it who made the fastest steam engine in the world (record in 1938 and yet • to
be broken)?

As they no longer make steam engines as the industry standard, it is
unlikely to be broken.

...who was it who invented the tilting train?

I believe that the tilting train was considered a failure, or at least that
is what they said about it on the History channel the other night...

....who was it who
built the first underground railway?....who was it who built the first
pnuematic railway?...I could go on, but it's not in my character to incite
riots!

I suppose by your reasoning that to say that since Americans built the first
TV, they don't build TVs that are trash.  Sorry, but being first doesn't
always mean you can avoid the trash can.  Isn't it in the British character
to start riots?  It seems like there is one after every soccer game.

(all meant in the best taste & kind regards to our admirers over the pond)

Jon

Admirers?  Yeah, we are a regular Mutual Adoration Society.  Please, you are
still sore over the back to back losses to us in the American Revolution and
the war of 1812.  If we didn't save your butts in WWI and WWII, you would
probably try to claim us back as a colony.

<g,d&r>

Mike Poindexter