 Trains / 5427
Re: Stupid question about steam engines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:31:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.trains, James J. Trobaugh writes:
Ok don't laugh me out of the group, but I have a very basic question
about old steam engines.

Acctually I think it's a good question, most books etc. assume you know some
jargon already so if you're new to the train-hobby I can imagine it's
confusing.

<answer snipped>

So, if you see a 2-C-1, that is also a pacific.  (just thought I would
compleatly confuse you!)

Larry has a page with some RR jargon on it. At the bottom of the page there is
a part about wheel arrangements for both steam and diesel engines.
http://my.voyager.net/lar/gloss.html

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/