 Trains / 5432
Re: Stupid question about steam engines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 14:21:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

For steam engines with the most total wheels I think the title might go to some
of the Garratt locomotives in Africa and Australia.  Some of them had wheel
arrangements of 4-8-4+4-8-4 for a total of 32.  Only 16 of the wheels were
powered however.  Check out this site for more about the Garratts

http://users.powernet.co.uk/hamilton/

Regards,
Matt