 Trains / 5456
Re: Stupid question about steam engines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 21:54:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:

Matthew Karius wrote:

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Of course, more wasn't better.  More wheels meant less weight per wheel • thus
protecting rails which couldn't support that much weight.  Generally • speaking,
this is why Euro..er stuff has more wheels per pound than US stuff.  So • actually,
less is better... <g,d,r>

-John

I'm not I understand why you say less is better.

Sorry, it's a running joke about American superiority over "Eurotrash"-- it • wasn't
meant to make sense...

-John

Running Joke? EuroTrash? Of course, As a responsible adult I would NEVER
entertain the prolification of such a damaging line of conversation...Hmmm...

...who was it who invented the steam engine and the railway system?....who was
it who made the fastest steam engine in the world (record in 1938 and yet to
be broken)?...who was it who invented the tilting train?....who was it who
built the first underground railway?....who was it who built the first
pnuematic railway?...I could go on, but it's not in my character to incite
riots!

(all meant in the best taste & kind regards to our admirers over the pond)

Jon