 Trains / 5438
Re: Stupid question about steam engines
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 20:34:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Matthew Karius writes:
For steam engines with the most total wheels I think the title might go to • some
of the Garratt locomotives in Africa and Australia.  Some of them had wheel
arrangements of 4-8-4+4-8-4 for a total of 32.  Only 16 of the wheels were
powered however.  Check out this site for more about the Garratts

http://users.powernet.co.uk/hamilton/

Regards,
Matt

Thanks a lot Matt,

As if I needed anymore inspiration.  Those Garratts are great!  Looks like I
am now going to have to build one.  I guess I'll pencil it in behind the Jawn
Henry.  I think I need more parts.

Again, Thanks Matt,:)

Stacy B