 Trains / 5428
Re: Allanton NZ new creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:44:04 GMT

In lugnet.build, Allan J. Smith writes:

<snip>
5/ The Bay Express Train.

This train passes within 100 metres of my house twice a day :)
I have modelled the peak weekend version which has 3 carriages.
The roof lifts off above the windows for minifig placement.
The first wagon is the combined baggage/generator van for power
and air conditioning.

Interesting. NZ doesn't have special engines for passenger service with Head
End Power? A HEP car is often used when standard freight engines are used in
passenger service.

Carriage bases from 4 Train 4555 sets
Carriage windows from 52 Space Port 6452 sets
Carriage door windows from City Telephone Repair sets and Brasso :)
Roofs from 12 Space Port 6459 sets.

Cute work.

--
My LEGO creations site "Allanton NZ" is at
http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~allanj/