 Trains / 5418
New engine: DB103 for set #7740
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 23:25:09 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

My latest interest has been in doing "something" to revive my own interest in
running my LEGO train set #7740 yellow/red passenger train.

The result was to try to build a different likeness of the locomotive after
which I think LEGO originally modeled this train set:  The DB103.

"In real life", this train set is more tan than yellow, but....

Here's a link to what the "real life" DB103 looks like:

http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/de/electric/103/pix.html
http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/de/electric/103/cream-red/103_101-149/pix.html

And, well, here's my attempt to build a likeness out of LEGO elements:

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/db103.html

Thanks for looking.

later,
James Mathis