 Trains / *27915 (-100)
  Re: And now for something completely different....

(...) Which one, his 2-wide version or his 8-wide version? I think that the combination of this 6-wide B Unit and either of those would look a bit silly :) I guess this would be an example of three great things that go together badly (as opposed to, (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: And now for something completely different....

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote: ...snip... (...) ...snip... Hello Tim, Very nice model. You really catched it in six wide. Thank you for sharing. Philippe "frogleap" Label, FreeLUG member. (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: And now for something completely different....

In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote: SNIP That's really lovely. Looks a bit incomplete without an A unit, but still.... Would love to see it with Ross Neal's GP-38. Legoswami (19 years ago, 30-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  And now for something completely different....

... for me anyway! When Dean Earley announced on the <http:\www.brickish.org Brickish Association> forum that he was building the GP38-2B using the BNSF set and linked to a (URL) photo> of the real thing my curiosity was piqued. I did some research (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Train and Town @ BrickFest

Great questions Chris... Thanks for making me be more clear (which is kinda tough with things in flux). Anyway, there will be room on the train layout for train MOCs; there is a large yard planned for that. We would like to accommodate all trains in (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  May have been posted already

but (URL) this> is the first time I've seen this application of the archetypal science class demonstration. Neat-o! Dave! (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Train and Town @ BrickFest

(...) Kinda... All I meant was if the train is on display with an MOC Card, are we just going to leave the MOC Card area empty while the train is running on the layout or does the train have to stay with its MOC Card? For the MOC area, should we (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) YEEEHAAAA!!!!! (...) A 2x3 round end plate stuck to the end of the truck. (...) I shorely do! Automatic switching anyone? Yipee!!! Plus, it'll just plum look cool. Not Lego, granted, but they're not gonna make knuckle couplers anytime soon. (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) I feel similarly to these sentiments. I have 8mm scale trains that work OK with the 9V system and have worked OK with the 12V system, which had better functionality. I'm taking a break from exhibiting the 9V layouts in order to pursue new (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) I normally use the standard magnet holders clipped into the buffer bars from the top. Occasionally, I use a 2x3 plate with a hole. (...) Id probably get a few sets but that's about it. Most of my trains run as a set but I admit they would be (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train and Town @ BrickFest

You won't have to run the trains with the MOC cards stuck to them... although that might be fun! It if they are sitting in the yard etc... Did I your understand the queston right ? SteveB (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Train and Town @ BrickFest

(...) Hi Steve, I am actually going to BrickFest this year, "Yeah, for me." I am slightly confused by your post. Can models that are on display with MOC Cards be run on the layout? If things can be run on the layout, what kind of clearance are we (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

This is my final plea and I will be silent about this (I will post the results though) from now on. Lugnet isn't filled with little children. There are thousands, I think, of members here who have jobs, families, children, spouses and other things (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.sports, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western)

  Re: SCLTC OCF pictures are up

(...) Thanks for the comments. Everywhere you look in the LEGO community there are great things going on so it's fun to share some of your own stuff from time to time and find that it perhaps inspires others to create further. A nice cycle! -Ted (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Brickshelf gallery identification

Does anyone know who Brickshelf gallery stidy belongs to? (URL) to .trains and .bionicle as thats what in the folders (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) *****! (Where is a moderator when you need one?) (...) JOHN (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC OCF pictures are up

(...) WOW! Followed-up with JEALOUSY ... followed-up with another WOW. That is so amazing. My favorite use of a brick: a broom end that was used to represent meat at a market table ... nice. Thanks for sharing. Brian (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) Amen. When LEGO decides to "invest" again in 9volt and maybe make new tracks, etc., I'll start regaining some interest. Until then, I'm persuing other themes of interest with more passion that trains. SPACE! (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Broken or defective 12v train motors wanted.

Du har mail. (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: kadee coupler questioner

(...) (URL) I guess there really isn't anything new under the sun....> I wonder if the guys at Kadee are having deja-vu all over again. I pitched this idea to them about 4 years ago, and even went so far as sending them LEGO motors, trucks, (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  kadee coupler questioner

Hey all, Over the past 3 weeks or so I have been talking with Kadee quality products about the possibilities of making fully functional Magne-Matic couplers for Lego trains. They have kindly asked me to gather some data from you concerning this (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.town) !

  SCLTC OCF pictures are up

(URL) SCLTC> has posted the first (URL) pictures> from (URL) current show> at the 2005 Orange County Fair. This is our largest layout ever and is part of our overall contribution that also includes a static display in the theme building and a world (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: Wikipedia

(...) I think generally that's the desired approach, yes. Where BrickWiki is light ((URL) History of LEGO> ) for example, BW has been crosslinking (or in rare cases copying and attributing although that's not the desired approach) to the relevant (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wikipedia

(...) I wasn't aware of Brickwiki. Given the fact that Wikipedia already had a few LEGO related pages, I felt that at least a theme page should also exist (personally I found that the "King Mathias" article in wikipedia is a bit too detailed for (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wikipedia

(...) Hi Frank, Don't suppose you want to do the same for the (URL) BrickWiki article>? And please, check out (URL) BrickWiki> for any other additions you might like to make. Tim (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Wikipedia

It has been a while since I posted here (lurked a lot though). The strangest things keep getting me back to visit the boards. One of these things is Wikipedia. I was editing some Wikipedia pages and for the fun of it I looked up LEGO. I noticed that (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Corgo loading crane, and cargo ship

The SCLTC has been showing a layout at the Orange County Fair in Southern California, and just posted some images. And I wanted to point out a couple of my MOCs. The first is a cargo loading crane. I threw this togather in an evening just before the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.boats, lugnet.town, FTX) !

  Broken or defective 12v train motors wanted.

I need some internal parts for one of my lego 12v train motors. If you have one or more that is broken or not running (for any reason), I'd like to buy it from you. You can contact me in private if you prefer (just remove everything upto, and (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  NovaLUG at Maritime Federation of Model Railroaders convention

George kindly offered to write up the report after our most recent show, but still hasn't quite figured out how to post to LUGNET, so I'm forwarding it for him. Pictures from the show can be seen in the following brickshelf folders: (URL) REPORT (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help set a LEGO world record this weekend!

(...) Rosco- You are exactly correct: Stripe 9: 6 at brick 2, 5 at brick 14. The measuring sticks worked out quite well. Hmmm, a prize: How would you like to caclculate and make the measuring sticks for our next flag? Something bigger, of course! (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Revival Survey

I know this is posted to many many groups, but I really need people from all interests to help take this survey. There are so many members here at Lugnet yet I feared too few ever check the home page or .general. So, I plea with all of you to allow (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jul-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.sports, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.western)

  Re: SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(...) Darrell- Thanks for the comments. I actually haven't been back since completion (after being there every day since opening the week before), though the rest of the family and all the other Irvine members of the club have been back. The (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

Really nice work, Ted! I went to see it the other night, and was happy to see a line of people waiting to get a photo in front of it.. Couple more questions: Could you post the instructions you gave fairgoers who wanted to help? I'm curious how (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: Non Lego NMRA question

(...) Yes, I believe they are. Try googling for Bunk Car ... here's a link to an operating museum: (URL) which speaks briefly about their bunk car collection. (...) Indeed. And I wasn't even THINKING of Rob. (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non Lego NMRA question

"Tim David" <talltim@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:IJzLAq.1txw@lugnet.com... (...) Before you even comment on that one, Lar, I know what you are thinking... I'll have you know that I live in an actual B R I C K house here in Arkansas now. I'm (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non Lego NMRA question

(...) I was wondering if the camp cars were protoypical. Its a bit like a rail version of a trailor park! Tim (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non Lego NMRA question

Finally a good use for 8-wide! SteveB PS ;) (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Non Lego NMRA question

(...) This was, I think, a logging/lumber mill layout in HO. The first pic is of "camp cars" and the second, of the mill complex. I took them because I thought they might make interesting LEGO models. This layout, IIRC, was at the booth of a kit (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Non Lego NMRA question

Does anyone know what the story is with this layout? (URL) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  MUGS/M>ltc Website

G'day all, I am very pleased and excited to announce that MUGS (the Melbourne Lego Users Group) and M>ltc (the Melbourne Lego Train Club) have a website! We can be found at (URL). The site will be updated very soon, but for the time being, feel free (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains.org.mltc, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection

(...) Time to build up! :-) (...) Hmmm. I've probably got at least 30 of them. Maybe it's BL time for me! (...) Wow. Sounds complicated, but not so as the GMLTC modules. They are over the top. I'll let J-1 provide the details. JOHN (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Now accepting custom track preorders for BrickFest

Hey all!, As some of you have noticed in the past 2 years or so, there has been a major advancement in LEGO track geometry created by the community. We have seen the development of the half section of track, crossover the correct radius switch, and (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jul-05, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  Re: Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection

(...) John- That works well enough if underneath your track you have bricks and open space to run wires. Doesn't help if under the track is baseplates and tables! Bypassing the LEGO track connector wires does seem like a good idea. They are (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

(...) I stand corrected, though from the picture, I can't tell there exists a seem between those 2x2 green bricks (must have been those Australian builders, huh? :) ). (...) Awesome. I love it when the crowd participates. It does sound like it could (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

Just to be clear, the green bricks in this photo are 2x2s, not 2x4s. -Ted (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

(...) David, Thomas, and I built some sample stripes using some 14 gauge Romex wire as a flexible contour guide. We locked the wire down in place using bricks on 10 48x48 stud baseplates and built the sample stripe next to it. When we got something (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

Starts reply by wiping a tear from my eyes ... beautiful. So how much time and planning went into creating the pattern? What about the supporting vertical iron supports? Whose idea was that and did you just do it or engineer it? With the posts in (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection

(...) :-) Would have been nice to see that *single tear* shed in Cincy.... You were missed. JOHN (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:IJwvuG.1tow@lugnet.com... (...) *single tear* Mmmm, mods....... Great stuff Ross. You out do your old man like he'll never imagine... Rob (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Last Tidbit from NMRA Show-- Unique track lead connection

I almost forgot to share this: Because we add to our tracks for greater realism, we don't have much if any room for track lead connections. And let's face it-- the leads are quite a bulky and unsightly solution for getting power to the rails. This (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto at the NMRA2005 Train Show

Hey everyone, (URL) some photos from the NMRA2005 show in Cincinnati. This gallery is mostly people and rtlToronto models and does not contain a lot of layout photos. Calum PS-Thanks to JeffVW for organizing the rtlToronto trip to Ohio! (19 years ago, 20-Jul-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

(...) Brian- This one shows the internal structure more clearly (URL) -Ted (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(...) i say haul it to brickfest!!!! lol ondrew (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

(...) Club members built the first 6 rows by working on top of a pattern (a mirror image of a stripe, turned upside down so it would not stick). The shape gets locked in as soon as there are two rows of bricks in place. We used 6 rows to increase (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

(...) What about the curve? How did you maintain structural integrity with many people building the moc (as in the shape of the curve)? From my experience with 2x2 bricks and curves they do not have a lot of clutch power. So your building technique (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: att. NMRA/NTS particapants_____lost pliers

(...) I saw those when we were packing up. I believe i saw them by the CUT or there abouts. Hope you find them. Mark IndyLUG (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(...) Ahh, David is already subconsciously building 8 wide; soon he will be building his trains thusly as well;-) I just hope that it works out that the flag can somehow be preserved for posterity! JOHN (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

(...) Brian- Very little to it, just more 2x2s (we used different colors, green in this photo): (URL) The 4 3/4 inch galvanized steel poles that run through the stripes are each placed in 4x4 stud holes and are sunk 14 inches into the base made of 3 (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

(...) I am soooo jealous. Just looking at those pictures makes my heart pound. Great Job. I hope you post a picture or two about the structural make-up of the rows, etc. Brian (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(...) John- In fact, it's over 95% 2x2 bricks. They were the cheapest per stud of any brick we could find on BrickLink (in large volumes, of course). David prototyped the construction concept, which is 8 bricks (yup, it's an 8 wide) thick. Aside (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  att. NMRA/NTS particapants_____lost pliers

Hey all, While I was at the NMRA/NTS show I purchased and was using a pair of squared off needle nose pliers with blue handles. Anyway I was in the process of modding some track for myself tonight and I noticed they weren't in my box. If you (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(...) Pity. That's the coolest thing I've ever seen built from 2x2 bricks! JOHN (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(...) John- I posed questions about disposition when we first proposed making it to the OC Fair people who financed it. In particular, I asked if they wanted to be able to reuse it. Their definite answer was no. With that in mind, we used their (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(...) Beautifully done, Ted et al! I'm sorry if I missed this info elsewhere-- what will be the fate of the flag? JOHN (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: Other coasters (was Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) Try (URL) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(...) Chris- Thanks! Everynow and then something just execeeds your most optimistic expectations. Guess the subject matter helped, too. -Ted (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(...) OLD GLORY NEVER LOOKED BETTER! Chris MichLTC (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

(...) Larry- You also asked (at the same previous time): (...) I interpretted that to mean "How as the flag attached to the flag pole?". I assumed you were not asking about our infinitely strong and massless LEGO and just addressing the otherwise (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

(...) ?? what cord ?? You left the cord out!!! Geez, call Guinness. All I was asking about was how you snotted in the stars! (...) 220, 221, whatever it takes. You guys have lots of technic bricks, you'll think of something. (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF

(URL) See (URL) post> for more. -Ted SCLTC (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: Help set a LEGO world record this weekend!

Here’s some Day 3 pictures of the world record setting US flag build at the 2005 OC Fair. David Michon, Jeff Elliott, and Thomas Michon lift the final stripe into place (URL) The final result. (URL) The completed flag catches a breeze (URL) Stars in (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX) !

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

(...) Scott- Anything that keeps ones hands from touching LEGO must be very "constraining" indeed! -Ted (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

(...) Rob- Gee, first Larry P wants us to get the cord right and now you want us to be able to fold it! (Us and what combination of forklifts and cranes?) -Ted (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Other coasters (was Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) <SNIP> (...) The mentioned link doesn't work anymore. Did you move your descriptions, or just deleted them? Where can we find those instructions now? Regards, Ludo (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

Very Impressive, you all should be proud. I would have loved to make it out and help out, but alas I was constrained to attend Comic-con that weekend. Congradulations on an impressive feat. Scott (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

"Ted Michon" <ted@scltc.org> wrote in message news:IJu4z8.1Mp3@lugnet.com... (...) Awesome! Be sure to fold it up properly when you get done... ;) Rob (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag

SCLTC has claimed a world record for the largest United States flag ever made of LEGO bricks. Built by visitors to the 2005 Orange County Fair during the weekend of July 15 through 17 under the direction of SCLTC, the flag contains the 127,624 LEGO (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.build, FTX) !!

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

Ok, I uploaded my vid to Bshelf. (URL) file is the one named "NMRA_WMV." Hope y'all like it. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modified Transformers Question (Re was: Transformer Power)

(...) I believe the Lego transformers are 12v a/c output. I used 12v a/c output 3.3A transformers from Digikey, part number T605. You will have to add your own connector. They are quite expensive, but they don't heat up as much as the cheap ones do. (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Modified Transformers Question (Re was: Transformer Power)

(...) The LM317 will need to "eat" more power if you supply a higher voltage and will thus kick in the thermal protection much sooner. I'd stay as close to the voltage the LEGO wallwart outputs as possible. (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Modified Transformers Question (Re was: Transformer Power)

(...) John, We had the luxury of using your controllers at the NMRA show (Thanks a ton!), and I am interested in modifiying my own. I think I've got enough information to swap the internal components, but negelected to look at the wallwart (power (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 6 wide autorack

(...) that may be tough. only way i see it working is with 2 x 4 clear plates. i looked on bricklink, and theres just not enough plates available. im working on a BTTX model now/ (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 6 wide autorack

(...) Hey Tom, I really like that. I am a _very_ big fan of autoracks, so I just might have to experiment with you technique. Now, if only we could get transparent plates to put behind those grille tiles. I just love the way you can see the cars and (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Train and Town @ BrickFest

Hi All, Well as we get to within 4 weeks of BrickFest the building frenzy begins. As usual we will have a train layout (with some room for train MOCs) and a separate area for Train and Town MOCs if we have an over flow (which is a good thing!). It (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town) !

  Re: Help set a LEGO world record this weekend!

(...) Larry- We initially planned to embed the stars, but a number of reasons converged to make overlaying them the best choice: Since we put a wave in the surface, the union is not flat and embedded stars would have been more complex. We wanted to (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: Help set a LEGO world record this weekend!

(...) That's really cool. I was sort of surprised to see the stars attached rather than embedded in the layers but I guess a lot of early flags (sewn) have stars sewn on... How is the flag going to be supported, it seems like it would put a lot of (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: Help set a LEGO world record this weekend!

(...) Wow thats really coming along nicely! (...) Do I get a prize for guessing that strip 9 has 6 at brick 2 and 5 at brick 14??? Hope you didn't get too much sunburn! ROSCO (19 years ago, 17-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: Help set a LEGO world record this weekend!

Here’s some Day 2 pictures of the world record US flag build attempt at the 2005 OC Fair. Stripe #7 is the first to have the blue union (sometimes called the canton) and stars. To precisely locate the star centers, we used a horizontal measuring (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX) !

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

(...) Great show. Good time had by all. Totally amazing. Here are my pictures. (URL) (19 years ago, 17-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help set a LEGO world record this weekend!

(...) Wow, SCLTC, looking good already, you guys made amazing progress... looking forward to todays update. Janey "Red Brick" (19 years ago, 16-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: Help set a LEGO world record this weekend!

Here's some Day 1 pictures of the world record US flag build attempt at the 2005 OC Fair. With the flag pole reaching high into the sky (or so it seems!), we're ready to start. (URL) Jeff Elliott and David Michon confirm that the starter course of (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX) !

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

Yay! Converted and uploaded to Brickshelf. (URL) I am working on a big edited vid of nmra. -Stefan- (19 years ago, 16-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend

IndyLUG has had an excellent expierence with GATS over the years. We do their show twice a year, October & January. We always get all the space we want, a decent apperance fee plus we also do a couple of paid workshops entitled "How LEGO Trains (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend

(...) It is just me, or is GATS hard to deal with? I've heard several cases where GATS was just a pain in the a**. I know NGLTC missed a Greenberg show to committ to at GATS show, only to have GATS back out of it. O, S, HO, N, TT, Z... let's see. (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend

(...) Those S,N.O,TT,HO,L,Z!!! I hate 'em! :P Rob (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GFLTC NOT at GATS Clearwater this weekend

(...) now i'm not saying you should do anything but dosen't the press usualy eat up a juicy story like this? just food for thought. ondrew (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: ILTCO at National Train Show

(...) Here are my images from the show (URL) still awe struck by the size of the display! Jeff VW (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Great Northern SD-45 "Hustle Muscle"

(...) Now that IS a beast! Tim (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: an A1A A1A 68000 in six studs

Nice model, I think you have captured the 'fatness' of the prototype well, especially considering it is six wide. (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pix at NMRA

This was such an awesome event, many thanks to Paul, Steve and all who worked to do such an event. Here is a link to the pix I took at the NMRA Train Show: (URL) you enjoy... -- Don GtwLUG St. Louis (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact