 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 354
Re: SCLTC Sets World Record for Largest US Flag
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:41:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Ted Michon wrote:

Very little to it, just more 2x2s (we used different colors, green in this photo): -Ted

What about the curve?

How did you maintain structural integrity with many people building the moc (as in the shape of the curve)?

From my experience with 2x2 bricks and curves they do not have a lot of clutch power. So your building technique must have made them stronger.

When you lifted the stripes up, were they relatively strong, sturdy and stable?

How much do you estimate the flag weighs?

So it sounds like the flag is going to state at the fair grounds forever? Does it need to be glued?

Thanks, Brian