 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 350
Re: SCLTC Raises the Flag at OCF
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:03:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, John Neal wrote:

   ... That’s the coolest thing I’ve ever seen built from 2x2 bricks!

John-

In fact, it’s over 95% 2x2 bricks. They were the cheapest per stud of any brick we could find on BrickLink (in large volumes, of course). David prototyped the construction concept, which is 8 bricks (yup, it’s an 8 wide) thick. Aside from the top row of tiles or plates on each stripe, the 100 star hangars, the 1x6s at the end, and the flag pole, everything else is either the same odd numbered row pattern or the same even numbered row pattern, each of which is 100% 2x2 bricks.

-Ted