 Trains / *19615 (-100)
  ROUNDHOUSE builders Rejoice

In all my travels I have never really seen the the best solution for a LARGE scale Turntable for a round house. I found that Alcohol actually improves building design... I'm not going to go into some big thesis about how the solution came about but (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How long would you let a motor run?

(...) Perhaps Dan Parker can step up with a answer for this one. I'd say fairly well indefinitely @ room temp (70F). It _should_ be OK...try it and find out, I suspect that is going to be the best answer. There is also the load to be (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  How long would you let a motor run?

This has probably been discussed before, but my quick search of lugnet.trains didn't turn up anything. How long would you let a train motor run? Has anyone put a train on some sort of automatic timer to let it rest every now and then? Thanks, Mike (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

(...) It looks like we're already seeing evidence that the peeron inventory of it is a bit off (not that I don't appreciate the work that went into its creation!) There's visibly more than 2 6x12 grey tiles. I'd suggest that perhaps the # of 6x12 (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

Whoops, these were not deep linked. Let's try that again: Trains and town (URL) Wars (Star Destoyer!) (URL) hope this works better. "Wendel Bogaard" <w.bogaard@chello.nl> wrote in message news:H46p1E.BGt@lugnet.com... (...) 18th (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: dome car concept

(...) Tommy Armstrong (the engraver) has a Bricklink store: (URL) should give you all of the info you need. -John (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My "Legends" building spree

(...) Larry - we said the same about the engines when they came out. I think TLC have aimed for the middle-ground and missed! Let's face it, no-one's going to own up to having these engines in their country. They're pretty good sets, nevertheless. I (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  More LEGOworld 2002 pictures

More pictures of LEGOworld 2002 in Zwolle (the Netherlands) on October 18th 2002!!! Check: (URL) reviewed. Some previews: Town and trains (URL) Wars (URL) Potter (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) Okay, here is my advice. If you are going to build a car specifically for the LUCNY display, build it to the tolerances your club uses. If they run 6 wide cars, stick to 6 wide. 8 wide, then 8 wide. Anything that you build that deviates from (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: dome car concept

I know that you guys ordered those corrugated bricks from the engravers, but could you send me the engravers actual contact info? Addy, phone, and email? thanks Also, if I may ask, how much did they charge you per brick or per 10? 100? I would like (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My "Legends" building spree

(...) That's really weird! A lot of US proto modelers find them rather more european than they care for. Must be they're actually somewhere in the middle, in the zone where they don't look 100% right to either camp. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some LEGOWorld 2002 pictures

(...) Jan-Albert, thanks very much for the pics! Looks like a good time is going to be had by all. (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

8 is largest then? 10 "level trackside details" means things on sides of track get destroyed? reason for me to ask i make car for lucny. most in group like trains. i want to make car for lucny display. my contribute to group. -- Duane Drumm "Stefan (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) While people have made 10-12 stud wide trains, those have a tendency to level trackside details. General large standard is 8 wide or possibly 9 wide. Hope that helps. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Some LEGOWorld 2002 pictures

(...) We saved plenty of space for you and some people from Italy, around 5-3 IIRC. And we can always make more space very easily, the layout so far is very spacious! And car accidents : watch out for those dutch drivers, they drive like madmen :D (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Some LEGOWorld 2002 pictures

(...) of 2x2.5 meters free for my train/town stuff. I will fill my car as much as I dare without making a brickyard out of my MOCs. (...) Only a car accident can stop me now - see you on Saturday morning! Ben (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Some LEGOWorld 2002 pictures

I've made some shots today, while everybody was preparing their display for LEGOWorld 2002. The pictures are 640*480 (Click on them for 1600*1200 you like detail) , mostly dealing with trains, technic and pirates. (URL) update again on sunday) Hope (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H44qy6.8x3@lugnet.com... (...) or (...) the (...) clearance (...) Ok, I sorry. I want to know maximum width. I know 6stud is standard. What I try to make need to be wider. The car (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

(...) There is a site that has pictures of various GP40's here: (URL) of info, pictures, etc of SD's, GP's, etc. Enjoy. Play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) I've run 14 wides with no problem. I routinely run passenger cars that are 62 studs long. These aren't the *longest*-- I'm not really sure anyone has cared to find out the maximums, although for length around curves, the maximum distance (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) Straight or curved? curve curve curve or curve straight curve (gives a bigger radius curve)? What things are around it that it needs to clear? If you are on straight track, and have no clearance problems there is no definite upper limit if the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Largest train car dimensions?

I would like to know the longest and widest train car dimensions and still have it run properly on a track. -- Duane Drumm (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: M.O.Cs trains

(...) (URL) some very positive feedback so I will give a few details about each. Glad to see you all like them. dsc01342 - A general purpose bo-bo diesel. not based of any specific model. Has working headlights. Another member of the BLTG has an (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  BayLTC confirmed for GATS!

FREMONT, CA - BayLTC, the Bay Area LEGO Train Club, is pleased to announce that today we received confirmation that the status for our layout to be displayed at the Great American Train Show has been upgraded from "Hold" to "Confirm". Show Details: (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

Yup. Thanks. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

I ment that I called up LEGO and they sent me a whole new set of wheels. THey had no problem with it. After replacing the old SF wheels with the new, I looked at what would cause the high friction. It looks like the outer most diamater of the wheel (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

When you say you replaced the wheels, are you referring to the whole kit 'n caboodle or just the axle? -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) Jake/LD, It should be easy for LD to check who they sold problem batches to as most of them will have been sold by via mail order(?). I wonder if this can be sorted that way? ;) Scott A (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: M.O.Cs trains

Very nice, Gary. later, James Mathis (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Tilting Train APT instructions here

(...) of the APT there, too. (...) Nice. Check some of the other pics I show of the APT (other versions). I think I showed a substitute construction in place of the yellow 3x3 corner slopes. Maybe that could work OK for you? (...) Glad you like it. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: testing wheelsets (was: something else...)

(...) And I was just going to suggest the 'flick' test... <grin> How about something simple like a couple of pieces of straight track, with some bracing so they fairly solid? Put two wheels together, put them on one end of the jig, and raise that (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) (the old saying: "If you want it done right, do it yourself"... springs to mind. This of course conflicts with "do what you do well, and let others do the rest") (...) Thanks for the update on this. I hope it turns out to be easy to resolve! (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) This is absolutely not true. These sets are very much meant to be run. They were never intended to be "display only" models. Whoever he talked to was misinformed. (...) this is the first that we have heard about it having problems. (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Harvey Henkelman" <Ferroequus@webtv.net> wrote in message news:H42q1E.1qM@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] But they really didn't go out of business. They simply reorganized under Chapter 11 as ATA (American Trans Air or (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) >Ben Hmmm, this sounds very, VERY bad! A consumer Service Department is meant to provide SERVICE !! Bad parts are bad parts, and there should only ONE PROPER ANSWER from a service employee: 'Sorry, of course w'll replace your bad Legos' (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

For a long time, I resisted buying any of the Super Chief sets. The models DO look a little top-heavy, and LEGO® has slipped on their quality control like never before seen in their history. People say that LEGO® is too expensive, and that they (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) That's shocking! They're obviously meant as running models because grey motor side-bars are included in the set! Why would there be alternate parts and instructions for motorising and adding rail-powered lights to a display-only set? They may (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) Dear Jake, a German Co-AFOL has had trouble with the Santa Fe train as well. He called the consumer service for replacement wheel sets and got informed the Super Chief was not meant as a train set, but as a display set for the shelf only. So (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

I have two Santa Fe engines and a B Unit I built to go with them. I have two moters one on each of the A units. I too had a hard time with the SF engines pulling more then 10 cars. It always seemed to bog down in the turns. Recently I had all my (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) I agree with that! And I bought all of the newer cars (10013/14/15/16/17) and buy just making a very simple train with them + 1 loc, it has a very hard time on curves and not fast on a straight track. I never had that problem with all the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: WamaLTC's new logo

(...) lol, okay, I think I understand now-- I just didn't consider tweaking an existing logo as actually new. But fair enough. BTW, those sites are *my* sites-- do you want me to change them to reflect your new color scheme? If so, send me a nice (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Truro Train Show

Hi, I'm pleased to annonce our FIRST participation at a Train Show. It is in Truro, NS this comming saturday. We will launch a new LUG called --- Novalug --- (for Nova Scotia LUG). We'll have a modest layout only 90x60 inches, but that's a start! We (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC Discover Center Teaser Photo!

(...) Looks nice -- welcome to the third dimension! JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

Hello, Maby I have an explenation. I was in Legoland Billund today. They had a factory sale with some discontinued sets. There vere a lot of Duplo trains. Both tracks and whole trainsets. Couldn't it be these trains lego was going to "ditch"? Just a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: WamaLTC's new logo

Thank you for your interest, John. May I point you to (URL) Ok, so it's not a massive redesign, but the colors are changed and the Capitol is rendered more realistically. Constantine (...) their (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: M.O.Cs trains

(...) Hey, ive never liked trains for some reason, i think a big train set fell on me in Kmart when i was a toddler (or something like that...) but i love the tractor... Keep up the good work, even if it is trains.. Robert (rapidly alienating (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: SCLTC Discovery Center Teaser Photo!

It seems "Trounce" is too soft a word. More like "Pound". There's a reason AK's been my favorite all season... Anyhow it looks like fun as I get to make another trip to Edison Field this Saturday to watch our Angels take on the Giants. (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Thomas Burger's Flat car

(...) It looks like there is a 'tile grove' just above the ladders. Aren't the ladders modified pieces? they look a little short. -chris (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thomas Burger's Flat car

(...) Yes indeedy! 5 wide trailers rock and the trailer's really sweet looking. I can't tell from the rendering but I think if I were trying to build a copy, I'd try to make the end railings and coupler area rotate with the bogies rather than be (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Thomas Burger's Flat car

I don't know if Thomas posted about this and I missed it, but I really like his flat car with trailers: (URL) nice design, and 5 wide trailers....cool. jt ---...--- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Points derailing cars

(...) Actually I wasn't going to make the whole gap wider, just opening wider and more gradual. That does bring a thought to mind. I could make some sort of insert that fit over the tab and guided the wheels in a little better. Maybe made out of (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: Points derailing cars

I've tried your suggestions in the past... :-( DON'T do it... Scroll down... (...) You'll certainly ruin 1 or more integrated wires. Fixing these is a hell of a job. Better solution: lower te radius of the wheels 0,3-0,5 mm. With an electr. drilling (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: WamaLTC's new logo

In lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc, Constantine Hannaher writes: I'm hoping that websmasters and others who link to us at (...) I'm just a little confused here-- what was the *old* WamaLTC logo like? -John (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: SCLTC Discover Center Teaser Photo!

That is AWESOME!!! :^o Jeez, that's a lot of bricks... -Stefan- (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Controller Limiting Mod

I'm sure I've seen somebody post a mod for limiting how far the knob can turn on the 9V Train Controller. I searched for it, but couldn't find it. Could somebody please direct me to the post or the site? Thanks. Play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  WamaLTC's new logo

Earlier this year, in time for the layout at the Manassas Railway Festival, members of the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area LEGO® Train Club (WamaLTC), WAMALUG's SIG for train operations, decided on a new logo. While not copying any railroad (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.wamaltc)

  Re: SCLTC Discover Center Teaser Photo!

Thomas & All, (...) Wow, that is just fabulous. IS that 70 brick elevation all brick? It really adds something to the layout when you have elevations such as that, some members of MichLTC have been trying to experiment with that, we had a start in (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Points derailing cars

Hello all. At our meeting last night, we noticed that our cars were derailing in some of the switchs. I searched the train group and couldn't find any reference to this. We spent some time examining things and came to a couple of conclusions: 1. (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: M.O.Cs trains

(...) seeder is tres neat. (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: M.O.Cs trains

(...) to (...) Hi Gary, even if I came into this thread via lugnet.trains, I liked the tractor most among your models. I am a little bit focussed on rural sceneries and farm equipment as it seems... Ben (www.fgltc.org) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: M.O.Cs trains

(...) Great job Gary! They look great. HLDITY to build them? Hasta la Vista, Sean (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: M.O.Cs trains

(...) white/blue/black train is neat too. Do you have a standard cargo container that would go on there? Good work. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DB BR211 diesel finished

(...) Thanks. If time permits (LEGOWorld is now priority) I might do an MLCAD instruction soon. (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  M.O.Cs trains

I have been wanting to share these for some time and have finally got around to getting it done. Just a few MOCs from the my colloection and used on the Brisbane Lego Train Groups layout. (URL) hope you like them. Gary Town BUG (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Tilting Train APT instructions here

(...) James, I was browsing for more pictures of the APT you modelled, and came across one of your renders on a site for the preservation of the APT. It's listed under models, and is linked to your Brickshelf directory. Just thought it was cool that (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC Discover Center Teaser Photo!

(...) Wow! That looks incredible! I can only dream of having enough bricks to do real landscaping like that. Congratulations on a beautiful piece of work. Looking forward to the rest of the pictures. Play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: DB BR211 diesel finished

That's a real beauty you got there. I remember owning one of these in N scale when I was a teenager...it was made by Arnold and ran like a watch. Holy moly! It's not even American! I'll be sure to highlight this, keep up the good work. -Harvey (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC Discover Center Teaser Photo!

(...) Ouch! But, well deserved, the way the Angels beat up on the Twins bullpen. Congrats to the Angels, and their fans. Good luck in The World Series! JohnG, GMLTC, Twins fan... :-) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  DB BR211 diesel finished

My Brickshelf folder is moderated so here it is : (URL) finished the model, which meant building driver cab and rear nose. Also reworked the bogies a bit and added some details. Front nose has one light built in. Unfortunately due to the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Great Western Lego Train Show 16/11/02

(...) Hello Tim. The A4 is mine (as is the class 37 on the other track) - the station is Tony Priestman's. The A4 was a mammoth task and took 24 solid hours to build, 8 of which were spent getting the chassis to work with the valences over the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SCLTC Discover Center Teaser Photo!

(...) Wow, you guys did a great job. The elevation changes look fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures. (...) -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  MonLUG and ParLUGment hold their second joint train show

Hello, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's third and ParLUGment's second participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, November9th from 10am to 5pm and Sunday, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: SCLTC Discover Center Teaser Photo!

(...) Wow, the layout looks great. The hills look very smooth...I love that double decker train bridge. (...) Being a Iowan and Twins fan, I'll have to ignore that comment... -Kevin (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  SCLTC Discover Center Teaser Photo!

The Southern California LEGO Train Club has finally completed its latest layout, currently on display at the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana, California! I've posted a teaser picture on our official website at www.scltc.org. Be prepared for (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !!

  Microfig cruise ship: 10022 alternate

This was started at NWBrickCon. I keep changing the bridge on top but this is more or less what it looks like now: (URL) The Shipyard - (URL) The Moonbase Project - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of the Bricks - (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Microfig cruise ship: 10022 alternate

This was started at NWBrickCon. I keep changing the bridge on top but this is more or less what it looks like now: (URL) The Shipyard - (URL) The Moonbase Project - (URL) My Lego Creations - (URL) Attack of the Bricks - (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Virtual ICE 3 Passenger Train

(...) Referring to this TGV Duplex: Another parts availability exception are the trans-dark gray 1x2x2 thin-wall windows. I think all of the parts are available. However, maybe this part is hard to come by: - gray 1x4x1.3 1/4-curved brick (used on (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

(...) GMD1's. (URL) at least some GP's and SD's have also changed over...most likely SD's to GP's. There isn't _that_ much of an advantage of such a change though, because a 6 axle loco can be used for the most part interchangeably with a 4 axle (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Find my train

(...) Instruction scan of the snow remover can be found here: (URL) 'Trains 2' from the drop-down list, and then it's on the 8th row at the right. The reason for not having the scans on Lugnet, is that we are not allowed to post instructions for (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Great Western Lego Train Show 16/11/02

(...) This is one of the best 'realism' (as realistic as Lego gets!) images I have seen of lego trains. Tim (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Virtual ICE 3 Passenger Train

(...) I am always glad to help out a fellow Highspeed Railer. Maybe there should be a lugnet.trains.highspeedrail .... ;) (...) You might try rubberbands like I use on my TGV. (URL) the cars might be weight more and cause the rubberbands to stretch (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

(...) Thanks, Harvey. Those pictures were taken a few years ago with a video camera that captures stills, so the quality isn't so good. It's a delicate design that still needs improving for smoother running; I have actually made some upgrades and (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Call for expressions of interest: train *operation* get-together

Matthew Greene wrote in message ... (...) Sounds good Matthew. We'll let you know how it goes up here and what our learnings are! Kevin ---...--- NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

That Atlantic is incredible, never saw it before until now...-Harvey (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Virtual ICE 3 Passenger Train

(...) Thanks. (URL) double decker cars are built on the black drop-center train baseplates from the blue/white train set 4561. I haven't given any thought to close-coupling this TGV Duplex set. (...) ICE 3: (...) (URL) 5 ICE 3 will have some (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

(...) Ahem! Well it's a good thing we don't have any *real* rivet counters here. :-) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) Oh, uh right...oops. {:^) Centipede though, that would be awesome to see. MTH made an O-gauge model a while ago. It's huge! -Stefan- (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Virtual ICE 3 Passenger Train

Again James you have designed a great looking train. I did alittle research for you and found some very helpfull info on the ICE 3. It show full floor plans, and which ones are equiped with the pantagraphs. (URL) the great designs comming Dave PS. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:H3s3B8.1yM@lugnet.com... (...) wheels (...) not (...) to (...) SD40s (...) axel (...) did (...) One word pretty much. POWER. I need juice for my lights and fans. Also I can do a trick with (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Controller Mod (was My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories)

We at the SCLTC had noticed the same issues everyone else has mentioned. We love to run long trains and decided to modify controllers to supply more electricity to the tracks. We used the information that someone here at LUGNET had supplied (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

(...) *Actually*, the Hiawatha was initially pulled by streamlined Atlantics (numbers 1, 2, 3, 4), but after a few years they switched to streamlined Hudsons, and the Atlantics were downgraded to branch line service. I have modeled the Atlantic: (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

(...) Actually the Hiawathas were 4-4-2 Atlantic types, so John wasn't that far off... (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories - Grip and Weight on wheels

(...) At LEGOWorld, Intertoys will probably have these in their megashop there. And current Intertoys price is 99 Eurocents :D (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories - Grip and Weight on wheels

Hi Ben, I've also done the tire-exchange in the past. And also out of Telekom's by now... :-) My best Trick: just add more power on the track. I've exchanged the Lego-transformer for a standard 6-dollar-one (with 2 outlets!): 2 times ~11,5V / 1,25A (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

(...) I've seen weirder... A Henschel prototype built in the late seventies was converted from Co'Co' (2 bogies, 3 axles each. 3 motors/bogie) for Dutch Railways into the type 3'1A1' (that's two bogies with 3 axles each. Only one motor, driving the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Digital Controls

(...) Hi, Just to let you know that i'm also converting motors to work with a DCC system, kinda Maerklin / Uhlenbrock. It's a 'self made' system in witch you have to solder all the stuff together, as the controller board, booster (5 or 10Amp's !!), (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

(...) Interesting challenge. I would be willing to bet that there isn't an example for the reasons you stated and others. It would certainly *look* odd, with large gaps from truck to steps and so on. Let's bet lunch on it and keep an eye out for (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

Eric, That funny you asked that because I am currently working on some Rio Grande livestock cars to do just that. I'll let you know how it works out. As far as trouble with 3 axles, they work fine in the turns. I don't have any space between them, (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Canadian National SD40-2 Diesel Engine V2

(...) trucks for both the front an back and putting the motors on the first car behind the engines to push? If you didn't I was wondering why. If you did were there problems you encountered with the pushing. Also did the 3 axel trucks have problems (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Replacing train motor tires!

(...) ... I agree. It's a great idea. And I like the look of the bicycles with the thinner tire, too. I changed two motors right away and there's no question, the traction is improved immensely. I changed the Santa Fe 'A' unit and my 'B' unit, and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact