 Trains / 18022
Re: Tilting Train APT instructions here
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 07:02:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
<snip>
Like it or not, here's the current state of my tilting British Rail APT set.
The instructions are a bit non-linear, but it is the best I have time for in
the moment.

Hope this helps in some manner or another...always building toward a better
train!

later,
James Mathis

James,

I was browsing for more pictures of the APT you modelled, and came
across one of your renders on a site for the preservation of the APT.
It's listed under models, and is linked to your Brickshelf directory.
Just thought it was cool that your LEGO model would actually be shown
as one of the models of the train.
Here's the main site:
http://www.apt-p.com/
And here's the frame for the models:
http://www.apt-p.com/APTModels.htm
I finally scraped enough pieces together to make a reasonable facsimile
of your APT, with tilting mechanisms. I only have enough for 3 cars so
far, but I hope to build the 4th soon. Unfortunately I don't have any
yellow 3x3 corner slopes, so it will never look quite right.
I could watch it going through the curves for hours. I just love that
model. I will post pictures soon hopefully.
Thanks again for sharing your instructions of that beautiful model. It's
still my favourite of all your models.
Play well.

Tim Strutt