 Trains / *15869 (-100)
  Train Engine Construction Animation

I have posted an animation that I made of a little switcher engine being built piece by piece. There are two versions, once 640x480 (4.5M) and the other at 320x240 (756KB). Both are at: (URL) engine was modeled using MLCAD. The DAT file was (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

What do you think LEGO would think of us selling such a poster at shows? I know they had a problem when some one was selling shirts with classic space minifigs, so I'd think they'd be a bit concerned about a poster with their train designs. jt (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

(...) I'd want one personally and would pay that price although it is a LITTLE spendy. But i'm a fanatic. I think for clubs to have some to sell at shows, the sell point at the show would have to be closer to 5 USD meaning you'd need to sell them to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

(...) I'd certainly be interested in at least one... -John (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

I'd buy two or three for my self and I'd be willing to help you sell them thought my FunBrix web site. Robin W GFLTC (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

(...) Me too - I've not seen one that actually operates the lever before. Mine, like most other peoples', uses a liftarm fitted directly to the sliding bar of the point. The little huts built over them look really neat too. What's the footprint of (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Poster (maybe for sale)

I'd certainly be interested in one if you're OK with shipping to the UK... Dunno what the other UK train guys think??? Would we like a few sent to one address here for distribution at our next 'fest? Just Jono .oO (XPd to loc.uk too) "Steve Barile" (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.publish, lugnet.trains)

  Train Poster (maybe for sale)

Hi All, I printed the main train poster at 18"x24" and it is really cool. I even gave a couple away as Christmas gifts. But I don't believe many of you have access to large format printers, and bring this image on a CD to a copy center would cost a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

(...) Does anyone have more info on these remote switching units? They look very slick. I am very interested in seeing a DAT file or more detailed pictures if they are available. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: German Steam Engine BR50: MOC finished

(...) Looks great Ben! (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC CIWL passenger traincoaches

Mattias, Very nice coaches. I really like the aspect ratio of these windows. I also like the aspect ratio of the 2x4x2 non-sloped clear windshields (see smaller coach in the last linked picture). The 1x4x3 are far too square. Thanks for the link to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC CIWL passenger traincoaches

very VERY nice stuff. I used to be into model trains when I lived with my parents; my dad has a big N-scale layout. I want to get into train-building in Lego, but so far technic buying has got in the way of budgetting for trainparts.... Great (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic train switching with RCX

(...) Okay, this is phhhreaking me out. I just checked on my MLCAD and all the gear parts are there - and I haven't downloaded an update lately. The only thing I can think of is I stuck an extra 32MB memory in a few weeks ago. Beforehand, all I got (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic train switching with RCX

(...) How do you mean 'decent gears'? Are there some specific gears missing, or are you having problems with the existing parts? Steve (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Pacific Caboose

I just figured out a simple little trick with this piece. If you add a 1x2 plate on the bottom it keeps the magnet-holder from spinning all the way to the side. Assuming you insert the magnet-holder from the bottom. SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

(...) I also feel local loops are a good thing. PNLTC has been running several local loops also haven't they? Of course I'm doing local loops using 12v so I can do automated turnouts and block control without nearly so much work :-) (and I may one (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

(...) This pic from David K shows the control panel. Switches marked with 2 1x2 tiles are turnouts... switches marked with just one 2x2 are decouplers. Check out the remote caddy at the far end for the Mindstorms IR remote. There are two speed (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  RCX Controlled Special Loco with Decoupler

I made a speciaal Loco, it is 8-wide and controll by on board RCX with two geared motors, it will stop when back and IR sensor (made by John Barnes) detect train car, magnet will couple loco and train car, it also has a auto decoupler function, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: German Steam Engine BR50: MOC finished

Outstanding. Thanks for all the detail pics. later, James Mathis (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

Whoops... hit send a bit early) (...) This sentence should finish " to allow running trains without interfering with main show loop operations". We think we may want to add more local loops in future shows to increase the amount of motion (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Remote Turnouts and Decouplers

One of the new features of the MichLTC layout was Steve Ringe's home layout module "plopped in" to a section of the show layout. (it therefore contained a "local loop" to allow I think he might be posting further about it. But just to whet people's (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.michlug) !

  German Steam Engine BR50: MOC finished

Hi all! I have seldom used more SNOT and center-stud building techniques in a single model than in this new MOC (in 7-wide) of a German BR50 steam engine which has been finished yesterday after a building time of ca. 25h in total. You can find it in (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  A Car Factory for Train3

I finished with my car factory today. This is the white building that is featured in the timelapse demonstration video. Here's a photo of the outside of the factory: (URL) roof is built with two 32x32 blue baseplates. On this side you can see a (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: SCLTC@GATS Images on Website!

Great work, on your GATS layout, web site and images it all looks sharp. Keep up the great work... Robin W Greater Florida LEGO Train Club - www.gfltc.org (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Saturday GATS pics

sorry some of these are a bit blurry. Big crowds. We did well I think (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains.org)

  SCLTC@GATS Images on Website!

The official website of the Southern California LEGO Train Club is now fully updated with pictures from our first ever exhibit! Read our article on the event and check out our extensive photo gallery of setup and operation. At this moment we do not (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola) !

  Re: My first MOC in 3D

Hey (...) Looks very nice and better now. I like the graininess of the windows ;) Play well Carsten (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New Lego Trains anytime soon?

I'm sure there will be some more "My Own train" released this year as suggested by Jorn Thomsen. Maybe a new proper set before Christmas. Lego seem to be responding quicker than before with new sets being released more often. The Railway express has (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC in 3D

(...) I've played a little more with light positioning and here's a better shot in various sizes: (URL) Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New MOC CIWL passenger traincoaches

Hi Matthias, (...) No, the white one is gone. I needed the rounded roof-elements for the InterCityNicht Talgo traincars. I build the white one as surprise-moc for our x-Mas Meeting in Braunschweig in 2000. Later I was able to get a Black Cat Truck (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New BR50 Moc (work in progress)

(...) Dear Mattias, yes, I have a collection of Lego® bricks which is big enough to keep every train model of TLC and every MOC I've built during the past 4 years. My only limit is the space in my appartment. That is the reason why now and then some (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Pacific Caboose

(...) Fantastic reproduction, Robert! You know I'm no train guy, but as a SoCal native I have to appreciate this creation. I look forward to seeing it in person next time we meet. On a side note, I'll confirm the Netscape problem. The page loads (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: New MOC CIWL passenger traincoaches

(...) Is it not time for one of the BR10s to undergo a major overhaul. Then you could take some pictures of the interior :) Do you still keep both the white and the black one? (...) I am aiming at four (two 1st class coaches, one restaurant and one (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC CIWL passenger traincoaches

(...) engines. My BR 10 details are all hidden behind the aerodynamic extras :-)) (...) And how many coaches are you planning? Do you have a web-reference for the original coaches? Regards from Karlsruhe HoMa (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Pacific Caboose

(...) No worries-- Use this part: (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Pacific Caboose

Thanks for your comments John! I will be fixing the space in the name problem this weekend. I am trying to do away with the buffers, but haven't quite figured it out yet. (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Pacific Caboose

(...) Perish the thought! :-) It is a really a sharp looking little caboose, Robert. You have also done a nice job of documenting it-- I really like the angles from which you photographed it. BTW, I'm glad you posted it to Brickshelf, because I got (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New BR50 Moc (work in progress)

Ben A very promising project. I really look forward to the completed model. Do you have bricks enough to keep all your train built? Regards Mattias (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) Ok Guys, the base is actually made up of a red 2 x 4 plate, a couple 1 x 4 tiles, and a red 1 x 4 plate. I have the set already :) Check out the inventory if your interested in the exact contents: (URL) mistake is the grey 4x12 plate as (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC CIWL passenger traincoaches

(...) Thanks Holger Your Riviera-Express has really inspired me to create Lego-train myself. I think your BR10 would be an excellent engine for my coaches. I have tried to copy your model but not finished it so far. Another candidate is Shaun (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC CIWL passenger traincoaches

(...) Thanks For the windows I use the hinge part car roof holder see picture at (URL) got the idea from Steven Barile see his coaches at (URL) to Brickbay I was able to aquire them in the right number. /Mattias (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) No, Not possible, look at the tile on the edge;-) Josh (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC CIWL passenger traincoaches

Hi Matthias, (...) "unplayability" of these coaches, these are models. Great models! Thanks also for the CAD-pictures. They really might fit into my 8-wide Riviera-Express ;-) (URL) you any ideas for an Orient Express engine? Steam, Diesel or (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) Where is this in the catalogue? (...) Also, does the "Not Available in Any Store!" on the bottom right of page 2 apply to the Twin-Pod Cloud Car as well? I assume it doesn't but just want to make sure. Peter (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  My ISSC Entry is Up

Although I posted pics of my ISSC entry on Brickshelf already, Rene has finally gotten it up on the contest web site, which includes some interesting tidbits on the MOCs. Check it out here: (URL) happen to be contestant #99, which also happens to be (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC CIWL passenger traincoaches

Very nice! How did you make those windows? Robert Powell (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Our First Christmas Layout

Thanks for the kind words. I just wish we had a place where we could put something up permanently like a lot of the posters on here. We hope to attend one of the Central Florida Lego groups displays when they come over to Orlando. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOC CIWL passenger traincoaches

Hi all legotrainfans Finally are now some pictures of my new CIWL passenger traincoaches ready. CIWL stands for COMPAGNIE INTERNATIONALE DES WAGON - LITS ET DES GRANDS EXPRESS EUROPEENS a firm run luxury train around Europe. There wagons can be (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains, lugnet.modelteam) !

  Re: Union Pacific Caboose

Ben, What browser are you using? Robert (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: (No) New Lego Trains anytime soon?

(...) Just 79 more "wondering days" till April Fools! Get those jokes ready, avoid the last minute rush. FUT .fun (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) Well, the mistake is including the 4x12 grey plate behind the chopper. The red base of the chopper won't be 4x5. Look at the canopy - it's hinged from the top. That means the base will be a 4x4 red plate, with a 1x4 red plate attached to the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Automatic train switching with RCX

(...) I like it - it's quite a simple and neat idea for a project, and best of all it means you don't have to have the RCX controlling power to the trains. At some point I'll have to render my point motors though. I use an extra axle with a bush (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Pacific Caboose

(...) The model is great and really earned the highlight ranking, but I have one important suggestion: Could you please do a change and avoid "blanks" in the naming of files and directories? I have to add manually a "%20" string instead of any " " (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: (No) New Lego Trains anytime soon?

(...) Oh Oh!!! I wonder what Ben has up his sleeve this year.... :) Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  New BR50 Moc (work in progress)

Dear Lego® Fans! Today I have uploaded a few first teaser pictures of my latest MOC, a German BR50 steam engine. So far the coal tender is unfinished and a few details of the engine might have to be improved but it is nearly ready to roll out now. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains) !

"Richard Morton" <richard.morton@idyn...csinc.com> wrote in message news:GprM15.Hu5@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) anyone (...) soon... (...) This is the third year in a row that Target has put the 4561 on clearance after Christmas. I wouldn't read (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: (No) New Lego Trains anytime soon?

(...) Ah Ben, up to your old tricks eh? Newbies, watch out. :-) As for me, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: (No) New Lego Trains anytime soon?

(...) At least the German 2002 catalogue (showing what you can buy in toy stores) 2002 is so bad that there is only hope for the next year left (and for new S@H releases)... On 75 pages there are 2 pages with sets I might think about to buy. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  New Lego Trains anytime soon?

Hi all, I was just sitting here resting after parting out the Railway Express sets I bought at half off (10 copies at 50% off from Target, but that's another story and yes I do have a problem!) and got to thinking, wondering and hoping... If Target (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  silver bullet pic uploaded

I also uploaded a pic of my (metroliner) silver bullet engine on Brickshelf. I wanted to make a decent title page for my "finished designs" on my MOCs. This pic is mostly for my enjoyment, since I had such a fun time making it... is this engine (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  church pics taken

just posting to let everyone know that I took pics. I finished the design in mid November, even though it was something that I had planned to buid in August, that I didn't have time to finish.... I brought it to a rtlToronto monthly dinner for a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) Yeah that's the one. Someone screwed up in the photoshop cut and paste I think... there's no actual 4xn plate in the set. Anyways I will order a couple I think. Kevin (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  s'more misc pics

Enjoy... UP Engine (like my old one but a bit less frilly and drk gray top) www.brickshelf.com/c...i?i=101260 Northern Pac coach two-tone green www.brickshelf.com/c...i?i=100516 Dark Gray two-bay hopper (Vamp off of Dwayne Towell's design) (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Pacific Caboose

Very nice! I really like the grab rails! I thought it was as big as John Neal's 14-wide caboose but than quickly realized you squeezed that detail into a 6-wide. Maybe John ought to take a second look at 6-wides! ;D SteveB (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Union Pacific Caboose

Hello Everyone, I proud to present my version of an Union Pacific caboose. Check it out at the SCLTC web site: (URL) always, LMKWYT. Robert Powell SCLTC (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Our First Christmas Layout

(...) enough stuff to make a permanent layout. I can't wait until my boys get a little older and I can put up a table like this. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) (URL) > (...) Well...duh ;-) Retorical question maybe? Bye, Jurgen (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tony Hafner's Geep

(...) Not at all. I posted this quite a while back, though I only put it up on Brickshelf today. Because of the proxy arrangment here at work, it used to be very difficult to upload to Brickshelf- as of today, it works great! (...) At the time I (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) 4x5 plate/tile!? Josh (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tony Hafner's Geep

(...) I'd guess lights - check out this pic: (URL) there might be a micromotor hidden in back somewhere to power those fans, too! JohnG, GMLTC (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Tony Hafner's Geep

I hope I'm not stealing thunder... (URL) that pic, what are the wires doing? Are the fans powered? Lights?? Cool little Geep! (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Our First Christmas Layout

This is my first post on Lugnet, I have been a member for some time but we (My sons Tim[30], Matt[22], and Chris[16]) just did a Christmas Layout and we got a digital camera to take pictures. We have been a Lego family since the late 70's. I know (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) Maybe it's the 4xN plate??? Guessing here... Rick (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) Where is the mistake? (URL) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) wanted to do that for a long time! Calum (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Automatic train switching with RCX

Dear all, we've built an automatic train switching mechanism using the RCX. It detects trains using reed contacts (cheap devices sensitive to magnets) and switches two points so that the train stops and another one departs instead. We've tried to (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) See the following posts: (URL) well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

(...) Hi Kevin, What is this "train house"? Calum (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: F40PH Instructions on Brickshelf

Bob & All, (...) instructions, and have the model ready to go for MichLTC's GATS show this weekend. I wanted to build a custom Amtrak model for the various Metroliner cars, but I did not have time to hash out my own design, so I used yours instead. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My New Train Station - Update

Douglas & All, (...) Thanks. I don't know if I will EVER be done with this beast. I already thought of expanding it. It would be cool to add an Airport Terminal on the other side. Hmm..... : ) (...) Well, always aim high! The car lots will be next (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: looking for Michel Brachmond

(...) Michel is from Luxemburg. You will find his mail address (at least the one he used 12 months ago) on the right hand under this link: (URL) Regards, Ben (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.trains)

  looking for Michel Brachmond

Hi, Can someone ask Michel Brachmond (from Germany?) to contact me direct? He posted some very nice models on Brickshelf and I want to ask him something. Oh, and please don't follow up this mail! Thanks, Jeroen (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.cad, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

Hi Can you sacn that catalog so that we can share your glad? Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Jan 2002 S@H Catalog arrives

Hi, Well the Canadian S@H catalog arrived yesterday, with the small yellow alpha team sub on the cover. I was eagerly waiting to see the new train house close up for myself, but its not in our Canadian version! Erg! Oh well, otherwise it looks (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first MOC in 3D

Hi Tim, Looks pretty good. To fix the jpeg problem, try saving with less compression. When I was doing mine I used 100% (not much compression), which results in slightly higher file size, but a very good representation of the original. Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My first MOC in 3D

Well, I decided to test the waters in the LDRAW and related software community finally. I've created a 3D model of my latest MOC Train Car as an initial test. I'll try to find a picture to scan of the actual model. I don't have a digital camera yet, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Proud Member of BNSF webring, my BNSF covered hopper

I've placed my BNSF covered hopper page into a webring, here is a quote from the Ring Master's quote "Hi there. Just looked at your site, BNSF Covered Hopper Built With LEGO's and looks great!!!" (URL) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Wheat Hopper

(...) Thanks! I'll try to put up more shots of it tomorrow. KZ (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Wheat Hopper

(...) Thanks for posting. I'm glad you like :-D As for the name, I know that it is referred to as a cylindrical hopper but I'm not sure about the complete name. KZ (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Wheat Hopper

(...) Thanks for the compliment :-D As far as the ladders go, I think I will keep one on each end and use the other "pillar" to stick a shovel on a clip or something. I'm not sure yet. KZ (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My New Train Station - Update

(...) Wow...nice job on the station...from someone who is still in the middle of constructing/brainst...ilding/etc my own large train terminal. I can't wait to see more pics, more interior shots please. I really like the idea of the car park as well (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How does the point work?

(...) Hi Guido, It depends which way the right point (RP) is set, and which loop the train is on. If RP is fixed to the inside loop, and you use LP to send the train to the outside loop, then switch LP back to the inside loop, there is now no path (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Wheat Hopper

Hi Kevin, I like it! It seems to have a slightly odd shape, am I right to say it is not fully cylindrical? How have you achieved to place those round parts in that position? Do you have any .dat file for the MOC? I'd really like to build a similar (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: cornice

(...) Um, I think you meant "Trains".... (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New Wheat Hopper

(...) Ahhhh, the Cylindrical Hopper :-). Thank you for providing me an idea as to how to build one! I've been dreaming about one since I really got into LEGO trains, now I see I can have one (or 2, or 3...)! I belive its time formeto go building! (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help with an English train related expression

(...) English (...) than (...) Hi, The context is the power rating of the loco against the mass of the trains it hauls. Our program tries to minimize the power that is not being used. I think that "Tractive Surplus" is very good to describe this (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Wheat Hopper

(...) Townies, please note the above. You can run but you cannot hide. Sooner or later, any townie worth his stripes will become a trainhead. (Trainheads for the most part are already townies... just look at the buildings we all crank out on a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New Wheat Hopper

(...) I'm not really a train guy (yet) but I really like this car. There is a fertilizer plant in the South Bronx (next to the east coasts largest produce market...go figure) that utilizes cars just like these. I wouldn't mind seeing more shots or (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help with an English train related expression

(...) 'Traction' on it's own is some times used to describe locomotives so 'Spare Traction' might mean locos that aren't being used. - Tractive Effort is the term I think you should use. I'll ask about at work whether it should be 'surplus', (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact