 Trains / 14530
Re: New Lego Trains anytime soon?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:28:35 GMT

"Richard Morton" <richard.morton@idynamicsinc.com> wrote in message
news:GprM15.Hu5@lugnet.com...
Hi all,

I was just sitting here resting after parting out the Railway Express sets • I
bought at half off (10 copies at 50% off from Target, but that's another
story and yes I do have a problem!) and got to thinking, wondering and
hoping...

If Target is selling the Railway Express in clearance, does this mean that
it is possibly going to be discontinued soon? If so (and here's where the
wondering comes in) do you think another different set is on the way to
replace it this year? I notice in the interview on Lego.com with Jorn
Thomsen (http://www.lego.com/eng/trains/legoengineers/profiles.asp?id=jt),
it is hinted that more trains are coming, but they seem to be hinting that
they will be in the  'My Own Train' range. So I was just wondering if • anyone
has heard anything along the rumor mill about any new train releases • soon...
It seems that Lego are realising that there are a lot of very active train
fans out there and I'm hoping that they will issue some quality stuff
(matching the amazing models that you guys are coming up with everyday)

This is the third year in a row that Target has put the 4561 on clearance
after Christmas.  I wouldn't read anything more into than Target wants it
off their shelves.  Target will typically clearance most of the large LEGO
sets as they compress the size of their toy deparment after the holidays.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot