 Trains / *14169 (-100)
  Re: PCC car

Awesome street car. I've been looking for street car ideas, and that's brilliant. I just wish there was a better selection of colours so I could mimic the street cars here in Toronto. Thanks for sharing your design. Derek (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Harry Potter sets & prices

I assume the "Final Challenge" is the mirror of Erised? - Sean (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: PCC car

(...) I am limited to the color green for the top windows. They are readibly availiable in set 10015. For the other main color i chose grey because the windows come in bulk grey. I thought green went better with grey than green with blue. -mike (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PCC car

(...) This looks great! (...) The prototype has a gray roof not green. Gray slopes are easier to come by. (...) Is there a need to use 2 motors? One should be powerful enough to run this baby. Use plain wheels for the second truck. Other colors are (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Page / Pics

<snip> (...) Hey Kung-fu dude!! Your most welcome... and thanks for the positive feedback. The "Paradise sets" picture was taken by Jeff Elliot, Paradisa1.jpg (I think) This is my favorite pic from the show.... (Great Picture, Jeff!!) I also chose (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Box Car Manufacturer Web Site

(URL) cool, good pics... Dean (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  PCC car

Hi all! This is the first model that I have built on the computer. The antique PCC cars running down Market St. in San Francisco inspired me to build this: Brickshelf Folder: (URL) it was modeled after: (URL) the roof in a different color because (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NYC Subway site

(...) It's not a monorail line, it s a rapid transit line that connects Downtown Vancouver CANADA to the eastern suburbs of Buranaby, New Westminister and Surrey. I ride the system everyday and there clearly are two tracks. For more info on the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail Page / Pics

(...) (URL)And here is the Lugnet Lego Page w/ captions: (URL)Enjoy. Let me know what you think. (...) The zoom1 ‘Lugnet Lego page w/ captions’ is nice! Especially the photo of the Paradise sets. It’s really neat to see the spiral staircase in that (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: NYC Subway site

(...) The pics in that URL is mostly of the Skytrain. It's our rapid Transit type thing. It's not a monorail. It has rails like a train. But it uses induction to move. I believe you were referring to the VLC's (Vancouver, CANADA, not US) Monorail (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  trainstation almost finished

Hi, The latest results can be seen in my brickshelf directory (URL) platform is long enough for a train with 4 full lenght passenger waggons. I'm still adding details (I was wondering how to do old-style lampposts without too many rare bricks, (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: White Hoppers?

That's funny I did basically the same thing Sunday. I made two in red 'n gray and one in black 'n dark gray. I don't have pics:( but the black one looks so cool... Your white 'n red ones look great! Now I need to make some white 'n red ones. Build (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Monorail Page / Pics

I uploaded my pictures of the monorail from TRAIN2. Here is the Brickshelf Folder: (URL) here is the Lugnet Lego Page w/ captions: (URL) Let me know what you think. Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Sand-Red Livestock Wagon

(...) Thanks. Ever since I bought the Recon Mech I've been trying to think of something to do with the sand-red bricks. There weren't really enough pieces in the one set to do much, though Thomas Cook beat me to it with his sandblasting tank. The (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  White Hoppers?

Last night I built some white and red versions of the classic 4536 Blue Hopper. (URL) Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring dot com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Users Group (URL) - Carolina Train Builders (URL) - Brick Depot (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Brickshelf gallery

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GJ2Do9.7DE@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks for the praise, much appreciated.:-) I mainly chose it because blue is a colour i have a lot of. Other than those two front windows of course. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Where'd you get your units? Re: New Brickshelf gallery

(...) After a bit of ferreting around if found this snippet of info. The 82 class was built by Clyde Engineering at Braemar (South Australia). It has a GM 3000HP engine. James (who likes the odd train now and then) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

(...) As I'm browsing through this on my slow link, I've been thinking how nice it would be to have this presentation on a CD-ROM. I think I'd be willing to pay as much as 20 bucks for something like that, which would be a great way for a club to (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine

(...) I guess I was remembering primarily the concrete sections. (...) As an outdoor display, I'd rate it pretty good. As an outdoor model railroad, I'd rate it pretty low. The article was pretty nice, with several pictures. They also included a (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Brickshelf gallery

(...) like a GM or GE rather than a British unit. Any reason you chose it (other than it looks cool with that inverse sloped windshield and cab overhang, which came out great, by the way)? (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Trains

(...) I took your advice and bought a 12v transformer. I won an auction on ebay for the transformer, over 60 pieces of straight and curved track, right and left remote points, a crossover, 2 grade crossings, a 12v motor, and a few other (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: Sand-Red Livestock Wagon

(...) wow, that look awsome, & you've givein me an idea, the sand red seems like a great color to recreate a well faided red boxcar! Josh (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOC: Sand-Red Livestock Wagon

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present my latest MOC - a livestock wagon in the new sand-red colour, using a half-plate recess for the side panels: (URL) Please, LMKWYT. You'll also find a few of my buildings there too. The website's fairly new - I'll (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New Brickshelf gallery

Well i finally got a Digital camera so I can finally upload some of my MOCs'. Main folder is at :- (URL) stuff :- (URL) :- (URL) :- (URL) nothing special, I thought i would share them anyway..:-)) I will add extra pictures soon, I am still (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: double container waggon

(...) Well firstly cos the original has (probably to equall the weight) and secondly cos you'll need it: The top is 2 layers of plates (1x4, 1x6 and 1x8) and plates on top of that (see the buildig steps). My beta-model didn't had the drops and you (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  getting closer to unveiling the...

My almost finished BNSF covered hopper, is that, almost done. I've started on the UP covered hopper, & a UP Box car too. I'm also working on 2 60' mill gondola's. well i guess that was boring, but anyways... josh (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: double container waggon

(...) Looks nice, but I was wondering why you had the large drop in the center of your car since the containers all rest on top of the car. Chris (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

Tim - That is my MOC. It isn't intended as a volkswagon thing, but now you mention, it does look like one. I basically tried to compress one of the mininland cars shown in the DK lego book down to a 4-wide version. It's one of my favorite four wide (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

(...) First I'd like to say that is an absolutely impressive display. Just breath-taking. I love all the details in each area. There are just too many wonderful MOC's to start commenting on them all. Congratulations on a job well done. That said, (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine

(...) You're both right. In built up areas the rails are attached directly to concrete (very unprototypical) and in countryside settings, they rest on ties as you describe, But the ties are offscale, too large and too widely spaced. Frank's (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine

My recollection of the trains at LEGOLAND California was that the gauge was larger than No. 1. I also remember the rail looking like rectangular aluminum stock with much of it fastened in concrete, although some of the "country" scenes had ties, as (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: double container waggon

Nice car. I think you have captured the prototype well. I'm always looking for different intermodal ideas, and this is a type of car not seen in North America. "Jeroen de Haan" <jeroendehaan@mac.com> wrote in message news:GIx8C4.3tK@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NYC Subway site

Great site.... I found the metro used lately as a monorail model used lately at some American show: (URL) least I believe so. Sonnich Jake McKee <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:GIwnLt.7n0@lugnet.com... (...) train (...) of (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

(...) Wow. I've been looking at this on & off for a few days now, and I'm overwhelmed. There is so much fantastic work, I can't be superlative enough... trying to come up with highlights against a background like this is beyond me. This was a (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine

(...) Hmmmm..... I don't have the magazine with me at work today but I recall the pictures I saw, had what looked like aluminium (or nickel) rails with wood ties. There definately were ties set in what looked like gravel/dirt. I don't remember off (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Trains

(...) A couple reasons: - I tried it before I acquired the step up transformer - the 741 transformer I have doesn't have a constant voltage source for accessories (and now that I see Ben's note in the other thread realize even if I had a 740 (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine

(...) Sadly, the Legoland (at least California) train framework (track and trucks) is pretty lame. The track is strips of metal set vertcally in concrete (no ties, nowhere near the shape of real rail) and doesn't have working turnouts (points). The (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Trains

(...) Can I ask why you do this? If you have a 12v transformer working, I can't think of a reason why you'd want to run a 9v line to the points... what am I missing? -Greg (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine

(...) The only thing I remember from my visit a few years ago to Billund was that the width of the cars was 18 studs. Steve Martin IndyLUG (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Trains

(...) Radio Shack has a nice stepup transformer which is basically a wall wart. The only unfortunate thing about it is that it only has one euro plug, but I think it does have enough capacity to run two controllers. It was a bit pricy ($32 or so). (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 volt train track: Blue versus Gray

(...) What is the easiest way to identify a 103 motor? I also have a 156 with the cutoff switch attachment for a 100 motor, is this useable at all with the 103 motor (not that one really needs it since the battery car has the cutoff and reversing (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  One of life's little annoyances

Well, that time on line we all love to hate, changing of the e-mail address. Around mid September, I'll be getting off the cable system and back to dial up for home service, AT&T will be the server. School is a different thing, I will be using the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine

I apologize if this has been posted before but I just got my October 2001 issue of Garden Railways magazine (for G scale/Gauge 1 trains) in the mail last night. Right on the front page is a reference to an article called "Miniature Gardening at (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12v Trains

This is a topic near to my heart -- I too decided to run 12v on my layout at home. There are some challenges, but it is a lot of fun. On to your questions: (...) I've never seen a 110 transformer for 12v. But the 220 transformers can be found fairly (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  double container waggon

Hi all, My double (90') container waggon is ready! Ideas, raytraces, partlist and .DAT-file are on (URL) , buildingsteps on (URL) and digiphoto's of the MOC on (URL) . Please some feedback (both pos and neg) TIA, Jeroen (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  NCLUG/NCLTC Display at Southern Junction Railroad Show - Sept. 8-9

Next weekend we (NCLUG/NCLTC) will have our layout on display at the Southern Junction Model Train Show at Dorton Arean in Raleigh, North Carolina. We will have a 20'x20' (maybe larger) layout on display and a kids play area adjacent to the layout. (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Re: Rail Racers RCX control solution

James, Nice modifications. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to play with it at Brickfest, so I'm not certain what is different, but I do like the trend towards purity :) James J. Trobaugh <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Bricks on the Brain re-launches!

Excellent train MOCs, Jake. I look forward to your redesigned container car. Jake McKee <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:GIt1Ho.LqG@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  12v Trains

Since I decided to go the hard route and not go with 9v trains, how am I going to power them? (My primary reason for choosing 12v over 9v is the availability of remote points and accessories.) I believe Lego made a 12v transformer for 110 (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Hey! That's my town :-)

(...) Just X-posting to .trains... ;-) KZ (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.trains.org.ncltc )------

Welcome to lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.trains.org.ncltc (group and hierarchy): NCLTC: North Carolina LEGO Train Club (U.S.A.) lugnet.trains.org (group and hierarchy): National and local train (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org.ncltc)

  Re: 12 volt train track: Blue versus Gray

John Neal showed a really nice length of 4.5 track where he used 1x8 ties with 1 stud between them instead of 2x8 with 2 studs between them. It changed the entire look of the track! SteveB (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  NYC Subway site

All, I just came across a terrific site if you are looking for modeling type information on the NYC subway! (URL) of pictures and great explanations! I even found pictures of the train I took home tonight when it was new! In addition to a wealth of (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Cathedral in XXL-size

(...) Sorry, but for the moment that is all. But for sure there will appear lots more pictures in late october, when the cathedral will be first time shown in public. Regards, Ben (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: New Cathedral in XXL-size

Wow, Ben. That is a pretty impressive structure... Any more pictures of it? I'd love to see some more. :-) -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> (...) me to (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: 12 volt train track: Blue versus Gray

(...) They obviously never planned to use the doubled amount of sleepers (ties). But it works find for 4.5 Volt. We did that one for our outdoor garden layout to make the track more stable and avoid derailments. (URL) > What about the (...) with (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  New Cathedral in XXL-size

Dear all, Frank Deuter - a German Co-AFOL - has built this cathedral and asked me to publish a first picture of it. Take a look at it here: (URL) think it is one of the most georgeous buildings I have ever seen! The cathedral will be displayed at (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.de) !!

  Re: 12 volt train track: Blue versus Gray

(...) of course if one wants to make the ties (sleepers) uniform in color, you just needs lots of dark grey 2x8 plates (or you could use white 2x8 plates instead of the dark grey ties). What surprised me a little is that the blue conducting rails do (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12 volt train track: Blue versus Gray

(...) Yes it is nearly identical: grey has double amount of sleepers and different sleeper (with snap locks). But where blue and grey meet you can simply use a white sleeper of the blue track, that is all. (...) Each system offers hand crafted (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  12 volt train track: Blue versus Gray

Is the blue 12v track compatible with the gray 12v track? What about the points (switches)? Also, as far as track geometry is concerned, is 12v track compatible with 9v track? I know the electrics are different. (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bricks on the Brain re-launches!

(...) That is actually the Monorail track and supports. The pic you are referencing was taken at the train layout at Brickfest 2001. Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

(...) Oh, no!!! Its been "Lugnetted"!!!!! ROSCO (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: how long is a piece of straight track?

(...) ~5.6"). (...) Well I have the pieces in my hand right now and 8 pieces of track fit perfectly onto 4 32x32 (studs) baseplates end to end. My impression was that those baseplates were 10" square. So the track pieces would be approx. 5" each. I (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bricks on the Brain re-launches!

G'Day Nice work ! Question: In two of the views of your hopper cars (hopper.jpg, hopper2.jpg) there is some elevated track in the background, how did you do the support for the track ? Cheers Oliver <snip> (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

Sorry for the slow- and non-loading pictures. We're aware of the problem and are working on a solution. And yes, traffic volume is almost certainly part of the problem. -- Tony Hafner www.pnltc.org (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: number of straight tracks with the Metroliner

I think there are two but I'm not sure. (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Questions

Monorail and 9V trains have entirely different track so I don't think they're interchanglable. They aren't being produced either. (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

They're still pretty much hit and miss for me, I'll get all the thumbnails and then only a few of the big pictures. But then I'll come back later and get only a few of the thumbnails and it kind of hangs up when I look at the bigger pictures. Maybe (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: number of straight tracks with the Metroliner

(...) I didn't remember correctly. It the overlap is offset by 1/2 stud making the total length only 17 studs (~5.35"). Steve (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: number of straight tracks with the Metroliner

(...) I realized we were making this discussion to difficult. Duh, RTFM. (URL) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: number of straight tracks with the Metroliner

(...) of track has tabs that stick out on the end to connect to the next piece of track which makes it slightly longer (2 studs, IIRC. That would make it ~5.6"). Of course, because the tabs overlap each extra piece of track only adds 5 1/16". Steve (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

(...) Mmmm. Transluscent fruit :-) Great display. Good 3-D work and lots of character throughout. I particularly like the mountain town and the wonderful cathedral. Amy (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

(...) I found a lot of the images to be broken on first pass as well- but they always came in when I forced IE to reload the image (right-click/show image). -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: number of straight tracks with the Metroliner

-- (...) You are right. The section of track adds 5" to the length of the track. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

What I saw looks great but there are a lot of broken images. The thumb nails loaded extremely slow as well. I was listening to internet radio (and it didin't cut out) while they were loading so I don't think it is my DSL. (7:30 AM CST) That (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: number of straight tracks with the Metroliner

(...) Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have bet money that a piece of straight track was only 5" long. Which is it? -Jason (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Bricks on the Brain re-launches!

(...) Woohoo! Very nice Jake! I am not much of a train man myself, but I greatly enjoy what you have built. Also, your logo is classic and very snazzy, mixed with a sharp looking site. Keep up the good work! Rob McMurray www.brickwired.com (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

(...) Great layout!! I wish I could have seen it in person. Thanks for taking all the time and effort to share it with us. Do you have a Track Designer file of the layout that you could share with us? Regards, Steve Martin IndyLUG (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: number of straight tracks with the Metroliner

(...) This one is atypical. It had 4 sections of straight track due to the boarding platform. (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

"Bob Fay" <rfay@we.mediaone.net> wrote in message news:GIt148.Kvy@lugnet.com... (...) Two (...) length. (...) The Metroliner is different from some of the other train sets in that it does come with four sections of straight track. In order for the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

Hi All, First I'd like to say thank you for being patient with us. Today was the earliest possible date that the LEGOLAND, CA (LLCA) Gallery was in any shape to be made public. We all would have loved to get the pics out the day after the show, but (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce) !!

  Bricks on the Brain re-launches!

Greetings! After many hours, I have finally put the finishing touches on the new Bricks on the Brain site. As many of you may remember, BricksontheBrain.com sold parts before the days of Brickbay. I closed up shop when I got the job with LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce) !

The oval is 27" X 38". This would require 4 straight sections of track. Two on each side of the oval. Each section of straight track is 5.5" in length. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) <razoredge442@aol.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: number of straight tracks with the Metroliner

JOE <razoredge442@aol.com> wrote in message news:GIsu5x.5Hx@lugnet.com... (...) I think all the trainsets come with an oval with just two straight tracks. -- Markham (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  some pictures to compare the new 'Sand Red' bricks

They're not the greatest pictures, but I took a couple of shots with the new Sand Red bricks against a bunch of other LEGO colors. There are three shots: Fluorescent light, direct and indirect late-afternoon sunlight. I tried to adjust the colors of (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  number of straight tracks with the Metroliner

Hi, does the Metroliner (4558 and 10001) come with four pieces of straight track or two in the oval? joe (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail Racers RCX control solution

Thanks, I'm just glad that I won't have to manually return the trains to the starting line, most of the time I'd let the drivers do it and they'd always run them way past the starting line and off the track itself. So this solution should remove (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Rail Racers RCX control solution

(...) What was the other 5%? The custom Christmas tree lights? It's a rare thing when a LEGO solution replaces a non LEGO and turns out to be less bulky. Way to go! (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Rail Racers RCX control solution

After tiring of carry around all the heavy equipment that controled the Rail Racers drag strip I have finally build a RCX 95% LEGO based control system. This system not only offers a smaller amount of hardware but has some nice new features that I (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Station work-in-progress update

Hi, I have finished the the main building, for pictures see: (URL) (waiting for the platform pieces to arrive) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just received my 10016 Tanker and 10017 Hopper!!!

My two tankers and two hoppers arrived Friday. They're awesome :) (...) I'm currently contemplating buying a third tanker to split up and make the other two longer! (...) It's quite a simple mod to swap the release handles around so that they're (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  New MOC: Simple Arched Bridge

I've completed a quick MOC, an arched bridge: (URL) was really just for fun. I guess I got a little carried away yesterday- this only took 7 hours to build. I did learn a lot more about building bridges though. I've explained it all on the webpage. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Train Questions

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> In case you can't tell which side of the monorail question I was on, put it this way... 'tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. :-) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Questions

(...) Fair enough. Probably would have cut down on confusion if you put in a new post referencing the old one and saying you still had questions, rather than repeating the old one (what seemed like) word for word. To the question of "is monorail a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Questions

(...) group. (...) to (...) folks (...) Indeed I did. And though helpful, I was also told in one of the posts (from Santosh Bhat) to ask here as well. If I had been thinking, it would have been a cross-post to begin with :0P~~~ I was also hoping to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  train parts wanted

hi, i need one black wagon bed from the 4561 train set with two boogie plates, four train wheels, and two magnetic couplers with the holders. They can be used but must be in *good* condition. I need them at a good price- I want to make a LUCNY truck (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just received my 10016 Tanker and 10017 Hopper!!!

(...) Got mine on saturday. 3 hours ago I used the last rays of sunlight to do a pictureshooting and now my list of train stuff is complete again. ;-) (URL) Godt! Ben (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is this a part of a train?

(...) Hi Schredder, as one could have guessed easily, these bricks are from set 116 which came in at least two versions: - first like this one: (URL) second has had spoked wheels, motor and batterie box in set-103-style and as a special highlight (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Questions

(...) Yes, I had a few. I think you asked this question (word for word, IIRC) in a different group. Did you read the answers you got there? I did, and I felt that your questions were answered quite well there, in fact. You might give a read to (...) (23 years ago, 26-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact