 Trains / Train Organizations / 1590
Re: Rail Racers RCX control solution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:58:46 GMT

Thanks, I'm just glad that I won't have to manually return the trains to the
starting line, most of the time I'd let the drivers do it and they'd always
run them way past the starting line and off the track itself. So this
solution should remove that headache.

Yep, the Christmas tree starting lights are going to have some non-LEGO
parts, mainly the lights themselves. I have found from last year that the
small lights are hard for some people to see at the bright shows (even with
the chrome dish behind them) so I'm using some larger lights from Radio Shack.

jt

In lugnet.trains.org, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.trains.org, James Trobaugh writes:

After tiring of carry around all the heavy equipment that controled the Rail
Racers drag strip I have finally build a RCX 95% LEGO based control system.

What was the other 5%? The custom Christmas tree lights?

It's a rare thing when a LEGO solution replaces a non LEGO and turns out to
be less bulky. Way to go!