 Trains / 13165
Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 18:45:19 GMT

Tim -

That is my MOC.  It isn't intended as a volkswagon thing, but now you
mention, it does look like one.  I basically tried to compress one of the
mininland cars shown in the DK lego book down to a 4-wide version.  It's one
of my favorite four wide cars (although the chrome bumper is five studs long)

Ben

In lugnet.trains, Tim Strutt writes:
<snip>

First I'd like to say that is an absolutely impressive display. Just
breath-taking. I love all the details in each area. There are just too
many wonderful MOC's to start commenting on them all.
Congratulations on a job well done.
That said, one MOC jumped out at me that didn't have a description.
The following link shows a vehicle that I could swear looks like a
Volkswagen Thing:
http://www.PNLTC.org/Gal_LLCA_0801/ModernCity/Gallery.html?08040144
My best friend owned one of these and we had much fun driving it to
the beach with the top down & doors off. Brings back lots of memories.
Who made this MOC, and is it indeed supposed to resemble a VW Thing?
Thanks. Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)
ParLUGment #2