 Local / United Kingdom / 7101
Re: Just received my 10016 Tanker and 10017 Hopper!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:36:59 GMT

My two tankers and two hoppers arrived Friday. They're awesome :)

the tanks are 8-studs in diameter, but a bit short for
the baseplate - they finish 2-3 studs before the end...

I'm currently contemplating buying a third tanker to split up and make the
other two longer!

On the hopper wagon, the centre ladders are a bit of an afterthought. They
serve no purpose, as the release handles are at the ends.

It's quite a simple mod to swap the release handles around so that they're
over the ladder. This makes more sense from a minifig perspective, and also
allows you to open up both together with one finger. It's great fun filling
a hopper to the top and opening the flood gates. Wheeeee!

The use of ?x2 slopes all round seems a little odd:

I agree, but correct me if I'm wrong, Lego don't make tan 45 deg. slopes in
2x4 or 2x8 yet. The brief with these new mail-order-only models definitely
seems to have been "use only existing components". That still doesn't
explain the 2x3 slopes at the bottom though.

Cheers,
Paul.