 Trains / 13146
13145  |  13147
Subject:
12v Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 02:05:50 GMT

Since I decided to go the hard route and not go with 9v trains, how am I
going to power them? (My primary reason for choosing 12v over 9v is the
availability of remote points and accessories.) I believe Lego made a 12v
transformer for 110 electricity but finding one will be a problem.

Is it possible to use the 9v controller but substitute a 12v transformer? Or
can I use a regular train transformer and forego the Lego controller? How do
I power the electric points?

On another note, I noticed that Lego Shop at Home for Denmark and Germany
carries 12v conductor rails. I thought these were discontinued. Only one
style is listed and it doesn't state whether it is for straight or curved
track. Will these rails fit on 9v track?