 Technic / *13701 (-100)
  Re: Other coasters (was Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) That's the one! (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Looking for Technic suggestions ...

In lugnet.technic, Mike Walsh wrote: <<snip>> (...) A worm gear has it's benefits. It makes a great deal of gear reduction in a small space and it can't be backdriven due to the friction in it. The weak points of it is mainly; It has a lot of (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Looking for Technic suggestions ...

(...) For what you're doing I'd use a worm gear, because it will take up the least amount of space. The ride will turn kind of slowly, but that's what you want, right? Try a test with the worm gear attached directly to a motor and then to your (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Looking for Technic suggestions ...

(...) [snip] (...) Hi Mike, Nice models. I would not have chosen to drive the turntable with a 12 tooth beveled gear. The teeth on the 12T are so small compared to the teeth on the turntable. I would guess that the gear wore out and you no longer (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Looking for Technic suggestions ...

I am wading into the pool of Technic experts in hopes one of you can offer me a good suggestion to a problem I am having. I don't do much with Technic but for our last (NCLTC) train show I decided I wanted to make an amusement park. I had built a (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Other coasters (was Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) descriptions at (URL) I need to update it with revisions since then - the pnltc site has most of the latest revisions incorporated. Also, it will be at BrickFest PDX in February if you want to see it in person (likely its last public showing). (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) That is a very nice coaster indeed! Looks great - I would love to see it in person some day. Great job Nico - it reminds me a lot of the look of the real Technic roller coaster at Legoland, CA, except that it just has single cars instead of a (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Other coasters (was Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) Iain hangs out on rtlToronto these days so he may be able to supply more info about his rides from that era. As for working roller coasters, PNLTC member Matt Chiles built one using 12V track which I was lucky enough to see in 2002 when I was (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) Could you be thinking of this site: (URL) if you follow the link you get an error saying the site owner has exceeded his bandwidth for the month, but if you check back in a few days maybe it's there. I do remember that there was someone from (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) I don't think he does. I posted a heads up to .disney when he put up his Pooh and Tigger sculptures this summer, but he never said anything. In his "sale" folder on Brickshelf it says he was selling something on 1000steine.de, so I assume he (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) go (...) Really nice - I have to build it just for playing (if it runs fast and smoothly as pictured -I hope so)!! (...) What about the first? Could you post a link, plz? :-) ciao steP (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks

(...) Chris, I trust your judgement here. I've not done the math myself, nor have I created a 2 Liter presure tank. It must be time for me to create a compressor using the RC racers motors. They eat a lot of power, so they have to be run by battery (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) That's amazing! I've wished to build a coaster or similar for a while but I don't have near enough part (especially tubing). Nico has done a great job here! ~Mike (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) Wow! Look at that! Shame he does not post here, perhaps he's lurkong though? One can only hope! What a cool use of the corrugated tubes! But what good are they if/when he tears the coaster apart? I counted an even 200 tubes in that MOC! It (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) NOOO...OOO!!!...!!! Actually, that's awesome! I'm yelling because I had the same idea a while ago for making rollercoaster track out of the ribbed tubing, but I could never figure out a way to construct a wheel mounting that would work. I (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks

(...) 2L pop bottle (my english is not very good, I think you talk about big coca bottle ?.?.?) Hum, on CSSoh page there is a such air-tank....are you ready to pump 30 minutes ??? :-) You have to act about 4,5 times a hand-pump to get highest (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

Hats off to Nico! This is just awesome. Great use of parts. Bob Fay "Bruce Hietbrink" <bnh@chem.ucla.edu> wrote in message news:HnFxop.pIr@lugnet.com... (...) go (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks

(...) I see... so that means using a 2L pop bottle is a bad idea? >> Mark (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

Hi all, He hasn't ever posted on Lugnet (unless under a different name), so I'll go ahead and highlight this roller coaster by Nico Bestanpouri just up on Brickshelf: (URL) looks like it really runs. Very cool. Bruce (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks

(...) This is basically right, but the LEGO tanks are so small, a given single tank doesn;t buy you much. (...) This is what Jennifer Clark has wanted for a while. The only all lego solution that I know of is to use large pistons that are compressed (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks

(...) Isn't the force generated by the pneumatics directly proportional to the air pressure, which in turn directly proportional to the amount of air in the tank? So the larger the tank is, the longer you can sustain the force during the bleeding of (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

Thanks a lot for a job and thanks,many thanks for a photo of my unfinished job:-((((( -- Fabio Lugnet m. 340 "TJ Avery" <tjavery@texbrick.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:HMq3A9.1qG4@lugnet.com... (...) download (...) presentation (...) is (...) (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Reduced stature micro-motor bipeds

One of the keys to Dark Helmet's diminshed stature was rearranging the drive train of my previous micro-walker so that it was smaller. The two on the left are the new walkers, and the one on the right is uCog VI, the predecessor. (URL) came up with (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks

(...) I've found that when pumping the large hand pumps by hand, you can create such pressure surges that hoses pop off. Compressors made of motors and pumps can't create such surge pressures, so the tanks don't help much. Kevin (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Need Advice: Will 8366 RC Run on Carpet?

I'm considering purchasing 8366 Supersonic RC. I know it's for indoor use only and in my house that means it will need to run on carpet for me to get the most out of it. My impression is that the 8475 "buggy" would be better suited for carpet but (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks

(...) I'll throw in my personal experience just for fun here. I used two air tanks on my R996 excavator ((URL) and a compressor that had two small pneumatic "pumps". When operating the model, it took a long while for the tanks to charge up, and then (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks

(...) Hi max For pneumatics you have to go and see CSSOH page: (URL) is few pneumatics on my LEGOTIC site too: (URL) of course Kevin Clague' site: (URL) don' t know for what kind of construction you need to use pneumatics... sometimes you need no (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks

What is the best method for getting air to pneumatic systems? Should I use one or more blue storage tanks, a larger, custom made tank, or no air tanks at all? I am fairly new to using pneumatics, so I am very much curious to find the best method. (...) (21 years ago, 25-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dark Helmet

(...) Thanks for the offer, but probably a full 8010 on sale would be cheaper that shipping fees ! Philo (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dark Helmet

(...) Thanks Philo! I have a few spare helmets if you want one...... I have enough micromotors and helmets to make 5 Dark Helmets, but I think I only really need one. Kevin (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dark Helmet

(...) Very cute!!! unfortunately I don't own a Vader Helmet :( Philo (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dark Helmet

(...) Not many ;-) (...) Pretty cool. I was wondering how you would do this, ever since Brickfest. Nice job! I'll leave the schwartz jokes alone :-) -TJ (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dark Helmet

(...) Moichendising! Very funny, Kevin! :-) -Tim (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dark Helmet

(...) Thanks! Philo keeps coming out with artful versions of my walkers, so I thought I'd try that too. Its no Jama, but it can walk. (...) I will work on that. Kevin (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dark Helmet

(...) I guess I'd better get the Space Balls DVD and capture some audio. "May the schwartz be with you." I just didn't have time to make a video this morning. I'll work on that tonight. Maybe I can sneek a schwarts on the model too :^) (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dark Helmet

(...) sounds like a good space seed part... (...) hee hee! I can see it now to darth vader's voice singing: "I'm walin', yes indeed, I'm walkin'..." in a video like Tobbe suggested Jeff (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Dark Helmet

<<snip>> (...) (URL) just made a typo. (...) That would be an understatement, it's ROFL funny! It's the best looking microwalker since this craze begun, IMHO. How about a video? (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars)

  Dark Helmet

Ever since we bought a bunch of Darth Vaders at BrickFest, I've wanted to make a walking Darth Vader helmet. How many uses are there really for a Darth Vader helmet. I modified the design of my latest micromotor based walker to make it fit more (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.starwars) !

  Re: Question about 8458 & 8461 sets

(...) I have Ldraw models of both on my website (URL) might be useful if you want to compare. (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Question about 8458 & 8461 sets

(...) 1) The chassis are identical apart from minor color differences (such as the springs, and engine pistons) 2) The body panels are all different. The new style of body panel doesn't have as many holes through them. Technic set 8454 also uses (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Question about 8458 & 8461 sets

Is the 8461 Williams F1 Team Racer the same as the 8458 Silver Champion, but just in different colors? (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BrickVista October Update

(...) Thanks Tobbe (...) Yes, this seems to be a coding leftover, and should not even exist. I agree it is very confusing and consider it gone. However the logic was that if a MOC had a technical description, the image would link to it – just like (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technica Address?

(...) Well I definately can, but I can't get ahold of Jim. -Orion (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technica Address?

(...) I wounder how much traffic it generated. Perhaps someone else can host it? If it's not too much traffic I might be able to. (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BrickVista October Update

Hi Tom! Very nice, it all looks very professional and clean. I have one beef with the site though, while displaying the list of MOC's all image links goes to the YogiCub model. I'd much prefer if they went to a subpage of each MOC or was not linked (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Anybody bought the 8438 Crane Truck yet?

(...) Cool! Thanks! That means right now, Lego is keeping two kind of pneumatic cylinders in production. :) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Anybody bought the 8438 Crane Truck yet?

(...) 8438 is exactly the same as 8431, except the number's different. (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Anybody bought the 8438 Crane Truck yet?

(...) Ok, you just listed the differences between the original 8460 and the first re-release, 8431. I wanted to know if the second re-release 8438 differs from 8431. Thanks anyway. (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Anybody bought the 8438 Crane Truck yet?

(...) Besides replacing the old style half bushings [LDrawPart 4265a:7] 4265a Technic Bush 1/2 Type I with the new ones [LDrawPart 4265c:7] 4265c Technic Bush 1/2 Type III the only major change is the way you manually turn the pulley wheels. In the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Sure! I'll try ;-) I quite enjoyed making the presentation and sharing my ideas. I will certainly try to continue this in the future. I'm just running out of website space now :-) thanks, TJ (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Thanks! Another satisfied customer :-) Good luck with "building big", and I hope to see more great bridge studies from you! -TJ (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Anybody bought the 8438 Crane Truck yet?

I'm curious to know if all parts are exactly the same as 8431, including squared bottom 90's pneumatic cylinders. The photo from S@H is certainly identical to 8431. (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

(...) I bought one of these at Radio Shack a week ago. As the model depicted on the box, it is fairly fun. But the most fantastic thing about the original controller and receiver was the extra output which, sadly, is missing from this version. As (...) (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BrickVista October Update

(...) One word: outstanding ! This applies to models, documentation, web design, building instructions... a true artistic talent mixed with great engineering skills ! Congratulations, Philo (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  BrickVista October Update

(2 URLs) Update: October 2003 ==== M.O.P Rover Red Rover Goes To Mars Project DIY MOC Pre-Classic Space Rovers (URL) Phew, how time flies. It’s now halfway through October and it seems like only last week I was putting the finishing touches on the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

WOW! Thank you for sharing this tremendous reference! This is like a Lego engineering textbook! More please!! Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  BioniWars Death SToar Gunner

I can understand the logic behind the visor design, and maybe even the reason for having just the front of the torso armored...but what the heck was the purpose of the large protrusion on the back of these guys' helmets? The best idea I can come up (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, FTX)

  8376 - Radio Shack LEGO Racer Hot Flame RC Car

FUT: lugnet.technic I saw this tonight at Radio Shack. It had dead batteries, so I asked the store help and they replaced them for me so I could try it out. What a blast! (URL) seen the race cars before in stores, but only in boxes. The cool thing (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.games.lego.racers, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  RE: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) TJ, you'll be glad to kow HP is back in the calculator business with they new and improved HP49. The supplier of the Saturn CPU end-of-lifed it, so HP did a very smart thing. They wrote an emulator for the ARM and then moved all the code they (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) One word: "Beautiful!" A great source for anyone who likes to build big (like me). Especially those arch formulas! Again, "Beautiful!" Adr. (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: One more walker...

(...) Ohhhhhh,,,,,, OK (...) I have no plans for a book. The fun part is the design and invention process. The not fun part is writing it up and having it edited on insane schedules. I just want to create abd share. (...) There are a number ofbad (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Thanks! (...) That's a good way to describe it. Many large structures are just that- mostly space inside. "Wrapping bricks" is a term I'll have to remember! (...) Thanks again! -TJ (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: One more walker...

Trimmed lugnet.build <<snipp Stuff about the cool walker>> (...) This sounds interesting! But please don't rush them OnLine, I don't want *another* reason to buy the set .) (...) I'm sure the set is in good, caring and creative hands (...) Sounds (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) The best lego building tutorial i ever read. Nice building tricks, many are equally useful in smaller models. When you build you have to wrap bricks around space, and this tutorial simply explains how to do that. A masterpiece of lego (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  BioniWars OOPS-9, Command BatToa Droid

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the only thing that truly qualifies a Battle Droid to be the leader is the yellow detailing. Too bad they don't carry cash, or you could make a nice chunk of change by setting up a store that (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New Technica Address?

(...) Yes, it's dead. (...) I have, and Jim informed me that because of some changes with the website host, he was unable to continue the site. I'll let him comment on the reasons, but I know the site will probably not come back. -TJ (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Thanks! (...) I hope people find them of use. Or at least after reading it, you will know how I build my models. -TJ (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: One more walker...

(...) Thanks Philo, (...) Yes. Creating a design being restricted to a given set's part inventory can be frustrating. My first real experience with this was when I was working on my first book, robots based on the Dark Side Developer kit. It took (...) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: One more walker...

(...) Thanks... (Kevin deserves most of the praise!) This exercise is at the same time frustrating ("if only LEGO included one more Axle 3") and rewarding ("ah, this part is the solution)... Philo (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: One more walker...

(URL) walking bird> Nice! I like the fact that you actually built "something better" than lego designers did with the same set of pieces! I tried a little to do an ankle-bending walker with the same set, but gave up quite quickly after the first few (...) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: One more walker...

(...) Very fun Philo! (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, FTX)

  One more walker...

Once again inspired by a (URL) Clague walker mechanism>, I had fun building this (URL) walking bird> from parts of (URL) 4094 Motor Movers> set. (URL) Enjoy ! (URL) Philo> (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: New Technica Address?

(...) I'm afraid it's gone. It's been off the Net for atleast four months now. (...) Has anyone spoken to Jim in the last year? /Tobbe (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

Good one TJ! Gives a lot of helpful hints! /Tobbe (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  New Technica Address?

Has Technica moved or is it dead? The link I use, which is that same one on Lugnet's Technic Page is: (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Thanks! I appreciate the comments. I had to put in Big Muskie as an example of inspiration for building big ;-) A LEGO model of that would be tremendous! :-) -TJ (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) using it as a reference. Well done! ROSCO (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Thanks again for letting me feature your new creation. It was quite a surprize to the crowd when they first saw it. I thought it was a great slide to show at the beginning so that the audience would understand what I considered "building big". (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  We're a band! We're a band! With guitars in our hand, we're crossing the land!

Well this is a first of sorts for me on several levels: It's my first time to use FTX for a post so if this fubar's, my apologies ahead of time. It's the first (and hopefully) the last time I'll use such a long title but I couldn't resist. Gold star (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.fun, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

Hi TJ It definitely was worth to wait! Thanks for this great piece of work. I really enjoyed studying it - not only because my Mountaineer is featured. By watching the pictures and reading your notes your profession becomes obvious. I do agree with (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) If you can have a period of time at your shows where the model builders are by themselves (no public), then it makes a lot of sense to give presentations and seminars. I attended many other presentations at Brickfest and really enjoyed them. I (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Thanks, Lar. Yes, the notes delayed my release of this presentation. I had not written them prior to Brickfest but should have. When writing them, I realized I had forgotten to say many things I'd meant to during the presentation. Thanks, TJ (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) You're welcome! I'm glad you liked it. I hope it gives some inspiration to fellow builders, not just in the Technic area, but other themes as well. TJ (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) No problemo! It was fun to create and more fun to present. -TJ (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) I like the idea of giving presentations on modelshows. This is unknown in Holland. I don't now if people will give 'PowerPoint' presentations during LEGOWORLD this month, actually I don't think so when the visitors mostly are parents with (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Don't forget to download the speaker's notes, they add a lot. Very nice work, TJ! (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) The presentation is extensive, attractive, and moreover extremely clear. Well worth the 6MB download... Thanks again TJ, Philo (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is a great resource to those unable to attend BrickFest 2003. I like it a lot! Thanks again! Max (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

I have uploaded my presentation, "Building Big", to my website. You can download it from this page: (URL) also made available a document with my presentation notes. The presentation will make a lot more sense if you read them :-) Most of the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: Lousy photo's

(...) Wow ! Another fans on Model Team with RCX. Fortunately, I'm not the only one on Brickshelf !!! (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: King Kong MOC

Mike, this is fantastic! I'm so glad that I got to see it up close and personal. Your building style is truly unique. - Joe "Mike Crowley" <count_blockula@attbi.com> wrote in message news:HMMo3o.1GMu@lugnet.com... (...) bit (...) chunk of (...) how (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: King Kong MOC

(...) Holy banana! That's one of the freakiest MOCs I've seen. Who knew Lego could look like hair and muscle? (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  King Kong MOC

(URL) Parts Monkeys, Unite> Here’s a link to the page with the rest of the pictures: (URL) Click Here> He's actually quite sturdy and holds up to play pretty well. He's just a bit over 13 inches tall, and it only took me about an afternoon and a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

(...) Thanks for the pics. I don't really care that they are not good quality, I just want to see how it looks like. I also found that someone posted colour pics of the same set at brickshelf: (URL) It looks cool and I think I found a winner out of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

Here it is. My HTML and my scanning skills are poor but I have uploaded three pictures to the web. (URL) are scans of the instructions. The scans are the cover, the completed primary model and the completed secondary model. The cover is very (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

(...) It would be really great if you could scan some pics. I am really interested because I have never heard of this set. You mean to tell me that this set is available in stores and you bought it?? Steve (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

In lugnet.animation, Jim Kovacs wrote: [snip] (...) Hi Jim, Very cool! Maybe I'll have to dig out my vision cam too,,,, It was fun dreaming up designs, and it was fun talking with Bauchaille, an old friend (and one of the senior statesman on the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

(...) Hey guys, I have been following this post since it started. It inspired me to try to find a use for my vision command cam. I decided not to try to use pnuematics...but rather a simple gear/belt drive system. It gives full pan and tilt...well (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376

(...) It's deffinately not listed at Brickset. I knew RC Race buggy 8475 and Supersonic RC 8366 retailed for about $200 australian so when i saw this for $130 i nabbed it in sydney toys'r'us. Outdoor RC looks awful. Hot Flame has 200 odd parts and (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New robots and other goodies

(...) My site has been up for about three years, but I guess it is more Robot oriented then Technic. You should lurk in rtl more often! (...) Thats good. I haven't used rollover buttons before and I think they add a nice touch. Mine could probably (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact