 Technic / 11450
Re: Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:06:32 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
chrismaker wrote:

You can build your own air-tank but don' t make a "too big" one. When you use
big air-tank you have to provide more air-pressure (and longer compression
time).

I see... so that means using a 2L pop bottle is a bad idea?

Mark

2L pop bottle (my english is not very good, I think you talk about big coca
bottle ?.?.?)

Hum, on CSSoh page there is a such air-tank....are you ready to pump 30 minutes
???  :-)

You have to act about 4,5 times a hand-pump  to get highest pressure in 48mm
cylinder.

Hand-pump volume is about 5,4cm3 = 0,0054L

So you have to act the pump (2/0.0054)*4.5= 1700times to get the 2L bottle fully
bloated with highest pressure.....
If you act the pump each second, you have to pump 28 minutes long to get the
bottle fully bloated.........nice sport!!!  :-)))

Hey Kevin, am I right ??

Chris.