 Technic / 11442
Re: Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:12:07 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Max Maxwell wrote:
What is the best method for getting air to pneumatic systems? Should I use one
or more blue storage tanks, a larger, custom made tank, or no air tanks at all?
I am fairly new to using pneumatics, so I am very much curious to find the best
method. Thank you all.

Max

I've found that when pumping the large hand pumps by hand, you can create such
pressure surges that hoses pop off.  Compressors made of motors and pumps can't
create such surge pressures, so the tanks don't help much.

Kevin