 Technic / 11439
Re: Pneumatic Compressors and Storage Tanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:25:46 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Max Maxwell wrote:
What is the best method for getting air to pneumatic systems? Should I use one
or more blue storage tanks, a larger, custom made tank, or no air tanks at all?
I am fairly new to using pneumatics, so I am very much curious to find the best
method. Thank you all.

Max

Hi max

For pneumatics you have to go and see CSSOH page:
http://www.ozbricks.net/cssoh1/

There is few pneumatics on my LEGOTIC site too:
http://mapage.noos.fr/chrismaker/index.htm

And of course Kevin Clague' site:
http://www.users.qwest.net/~kclague/index.htm

I don' t know for what kind of construction you need to use pneumatics...
sometimes you need no tank , sometimes one and sometimes several ones....

You can build your own air-tank but don' t make a "too big" one. When you use
big air-tank you have to provide more air-pressure (and longer compression
time).
But when you have good pressure in air-tank and you act the pneumatic switch, it
acts pneumatic-cylinder faster than with no tank.

Well there is no rule about tanks, but if you really want to work on pneumatics
projects, I should say you need ones.

Chris.