 Technic / 11451
Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:19:41 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   Hi all,

He hasn’t ever posted on Lugnet (unless under a different name), so I’ll go ahead and highlight this roller coaster by Nico Bestanpouri just up on Brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=61288 It looks like it really runs. Very cool.

Bruce

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, that’s awesome!

I’m yelling because I had the same idea a while ago for making rollercoaster track out of the ribbed tubing, but I could never figure out a way to construct a wheel mounting that would work. I could only make a wheel mounting that let it run on top of the track, not underneath (so banked turns and loops and such would make the train fly off the track because nothing was there to grip it). What’s really funny is I was using the exact same wheels he is. Heh heh heh.

Plus, he obviously has a lot more parts than I do to make a large layout. The tubing, that is.

I love this, because it means my idea would have worked had I kept toying with it.

Excellent job, Nico Bestanpouri.