 Technic / 11374
Re: Lego Racers "Hot Flame" set 8376
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:45:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Dunn wrote:
Here it is.
My HTML and my scanning skills are poor but I have uploaded three pictures to
the web.
http://steven_j_dunn.tripod.com/
These are scans of the instructions.
The scans are the cover, the completed primary model and the completed secondary
model.
The cover is very simillar to the front of the box.
The box details batteries and 244 peices, not far off the 283 for the rc buggy.
The rear of the box details the rear traction system and slick tyres.
The rear traction system in the primary vehicle is designed to lift and lower
the cetral point of gravity within the car so that it can do rear-wheel-stands
when radidly traversing from reverse to forward motion. Reverse motion lowers
the point of gravity, forward motion lifts the vehicel.
There are a smaller set of wheels stopping the vehicle from flipping

The picture of the alternate model (not sure why its 1.3Meg) shows not only the
completed secondary vehicle but what i thought was important being the (i have
never seen them on any other model) slick tyres. They are the same dimensions as
the road tyres from supersonic 8366 or tunable racer 8365 but they are single
piece ABS. they have no traction similar to the wheels in Turbo racer or Battle
cars 8241:
http://www.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/32146.jpg

The radio reciever in the vehicle is not the same as the RC Buggy as i thought.
I can not comment on the supersonic RC. The reciever in the Hot Flame does not
have the secondary output connector controlled by the transmitter paddels.
However the transmitter does have the paddels.

The steering mech is the same "smash freindly" system as the RC buggy.

I will keep looking for info on this set and will happily supply info to those
seeking it..

Thanks for the pics. I don't really care that they are not good quality, I just
want to see how it looks like. I also found that someone posted colour pics of
the same set at brickshelf:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=59281. It looks cool and I think
I found a winner out of all of the Lego RC Racers, though it looks kind of
juniorized. I was hoping it would have in the 400s number of pieces. I really
like the Supersonic RC but I'm lookinf 4 something off-road. I'll wait until
more details show up.
Thanks again.