 Technic / *12901 (-100)
  Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing

(...) I dunno - I reckon the RC motors from 8475 would do pretty well against rubber bands ;) ROSCO (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: All-Out Lego Drag Racing

(...) What sort of rules did you have in mind? BTW, if all you're concerned about is speed, by far the fastest racers would be ones that would be powered by elastic bands, and not electric motors at all. Motors and battery packs just add too much (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  All-Out Lego Drag Racing

Would anyone be interested in a LEGO drag racing competition? I don't have anything firm on paper right now, but I do have ideas. I think that it would be limited to four motors, but it would not be a robotics drag race, just an all out race to the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: EGAD! (pneumatics)

(...) Wow, that'll be great! (...) Keep at it. (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker

(...) Thanks Paul! You are always so kind. The pneumatic control circuit is similar to one found in a two double acting cylinder engine, except slightly different. It makes the walking pace more even from side to side. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker

(...) What can I say? Yet another amazing creation. You have a pneumatic control circuit in there somewhere, I think. I know what you mean about the small pneumatic cylinders needing such high pressure to move a switch. The engine I built following (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 2003 Technic sets appear to be released...

(...) I don't mean to be rude but have you checked out this topic: (URL) M. (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  MOC - Small Pneumatic Biped Walker

The other day I was given a challenge to make a small biped using small pneumatic pistons. Normally I don't use small pistons in combinations with switches, because the pressure must be increadibly high for a small piston to flip a pneumatic switch (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  spider walker

I've had this wind-up mechanical spider for so long that I no longer remembered what it was called. I've always been fascinated with how it moved and wanted to recreate it with LEGO. It's been a fun project, and many challenges were overcome in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce.moc)

  2003 Technic sets appear to be released...

I just went to the Lego S@H website and there are a number of new Technic sets there. In particular, the ten-piston 8455 Backhoe set is finally out and at $100 for all those pneumatics it is quite a deal too. I'm going to order some of this stuff (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: EGAD! (pneumatics)

(...) You are doing well Mark. You can use three voltage comparators to detect which voltage level is being output. What you need is three comparators. One for 25%, then 50%, and 75%. If 75% is on, then you'll need to gate off the 25% and 50% (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: EGAD! (pneumatics)

(...) Close. What I would actually be wanting is eomthing that could use the voltage level being output from a *SINGLE* RCX port to do the addressing. So for controlling up to four devices from one port, for example, would require that 25% power to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Building instructions for reversible, variable speed (barely) pneumatic engine

(...) Beautiful! I will be putting one of these engines on my table! Thanks Kevin. Best regards, Paul (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad)

  Re: EGAD! (pneumatics)

(...) Is this what you're looking for? A 3/8 RCX Output Multiplexer for the FT solenoid valves: (URL) the circuit diagram is a piece of art from France :-) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: EGAD! (pneumatics)

(...) Sweet! So with these adapters, I can use regular aquarium hoses, which can be bought for pennies a foot -- way cheaper than LEGO tubing. Elbow, tee, and cross connectors for aquarium hoses are also really cheap, and I've seen aquarium hose (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bricklink Newbie Needs Help!

(...) For 1 and 5. The most you can do is read the reviews left by other buyers. Generally speaking, the more reliable the seller, the more likely he is to have positive reviews within the last 6 months. Personally, I pay careful attention to the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Bricklink Newbie Needs Help!

I am new to the buying and selling of Lego parts online, so I have few questions. But, I would prefer that you answer me via e-mail, and not by replying to this message on Lugnet. (Don't want to publically offend anyone) Thanks. 1. How do I know my (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: EGAD! (pneumatics)

(...) Yes! These are the adapters for the miniature airline I was talking about. I used them in my window walker to connect the pneumatic tubing to the suction cups: (2 URLs) Rob (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

Nice Nice Nice Nice "Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HGHnu5.1B5L@lugnet.com... (...) based (...) with a (...) images (...) Good Goood Gooood Gooooood :) Start building. Not only are the enginge beautiful but the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Building instructions for reversible, variable speed (barely) pneumatic engine

(...) Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: New MOC: Car chassis

(...) True. It would increase the height a little, which depending on the bodywork might not work, and the steering might have to be offset. I was originally designing it to go inside an E-type model, so a V6 or V8 would be appropriate there. I (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Building instructions for reversible, variable speed (barely) pneumatic engine

I finally got around to those building instructions for my differential based reversible pneumatic engine. I modified LPub so that I can provide it with a URL base where the images can be found. This makes it handy to put the images on brickshel and (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad)

  Re: EGAD! (pneumatics)

(...) Heh. well at only a buck twnenty nine, I would have to get probably 10 or so packs to make it worth the mail order expense. I was just wondering if someone else had already tried those sorts of connectors and discovered already if they worked (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Blacktronicle

(...) IMHO, absolutely nothing. Well, that's not entirely true. I still have to pay for them, and a lot of the pieces I love to use are not currently in production. In particular, I'd love a steady stream of black Toa legs, colored Toa heads, and (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: YAPNQ

In lugnet.technic, Mark Tarrabain wrote: <snip> (...) Looking good Mark. It computes. I had not thought about driving the source of the switch as one of the inputs, or I tried it early on and gave up. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: EGAD! (pneumatics)

that cost you $1.29, so make a go for it! regards "Mark Tarrabain" <markt@lynx.SPAMBLOCK.net> wrote in message news:HGHHCD.Hr0@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  EGAD! (pneumatics)

Does anyone know if these (URL) actually connect LEGO pneumatics with regular aquarium hoses? >> Mark (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: YAPNQ

(...) Know where I can find those adapters? That would certainly be helpful. (...) Yeah... there's only a handful of used ones left though. I'd like to find a place where I can get a ongoing supply of check valves. I have more than a few ideas that (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: YAPNQ

(...) Actually, I have used aquarium tubing and one way valves before. There is 'miniature' airline tubing for aquariums that I think fits with Lego pneumatics. It is much stiffer than the official silicone tubing though. But this miniature airline (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Toa Nuva Posters

(...) I find it more frustrating than funny, but that's because any time I mention stuff like this on MaskofDestiny, I get a bunch of e-mails from people telling me that I'm wrong. BTW, I'd love to see a closeup of your version of the Infected Miru (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: Blacktronicle

(...) What's wrong with Bionicle? Those sets have some essential parts. (...) Indeed. <thumbs up> Allister (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: Toa Nuva Posters

(...) Yes I agree, but make a neat way to display the masks anyway. (...) Oh, I know of the joke, found it funny that people always go nuts. I was just following what is on the Lego Bionicle Site itself. Joke or no it's listed in the little color (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: YAPNQ

(...) Ah, nuts. I was hoping I might have a cheap source for lots of tubing, T connectors, and what I was *really* hoping for... those one-way valves that are only like $2 a piece. >> Mark (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Blacktronicle

(...) Because it's equally as Bionicle-ish. There's not a lot of love here for that theme, though I aim to change that. How? By doing stuff like this. :) (...) Can't help you there, unless you send me a Space Police lock up. Anways, I've done a (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: Blacktronicle

(...) Heh. I figured there'd be a few people who fell in this category. The truth is, I believe it's possible to do just about anything with Bionicle. I've made a 24" oriental dragon, a dragonfly with an 18" wingspan, a purple gorilla, an Alien (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Blacktronicle

(...) Um, firstly, all of the Bionicle characters are measured in "Bio", which looks to be a direct conversion to the metric system. If it is, the actual Toa should be about the same size as standard minifigs,. If it's not, then, well, the Toa have (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Blacktronicle

(...) Yup. I only ever got the Invader, the Battrax, and whichever Space minifig set included a B1 minifig (fortunately for me, it included two black visors, since I'd crushed the one from my Invader by stepping on it *sniff*), so I was a bit peeved (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Toa Nuva Posters

(...) Nope. None for the Bohrok groups either. Probably not for the Rahkshi either. The big point of the Kanohi poster, as I see it, was to get kids interested in collecting all the Kanohi. That's pretty much a given now, and the little nudge is no (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: YAPNQ

(...) No. It's a little too big. There is commercially available tubing that is compatible with LEGO pneumatics, but I cannot recal the name of it. Do a search through the newsgroups here (.technic and .robotics) and perhaps you'll find some info. (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic 9V motor comparison update

(...) Cool. I'll look forward to seeing that when you're done. I'm pretty much finished with the "first draft" building now. I just need to wire everything up and hit it with some juice. It will be interesting to see how it performs. I'll let y'all (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic 9V motor comparison update

Philippe Hurbain's utterance expressed in news:HGEzoD.DLD@lugnet.com: (...) the motor against the 71427. But now I don't need to :) I thought of using it with the RCX, but I can see it will be a quite limited performance. But the other way round (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8454 Rescue Truck available from Shop@Home + 8455 Back-Hoe

Are items typically quick to come arrive in retail stores? I haven't seen any of the smaller ($20) Technic sets yet and they seem to have been available from S@H for a while. "Steve Moldovanu" <wolf_hunter_03@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  YAPNQ

(Yet another Pneumatic Newbie Question) :) Does anyone know if aquarium air lines and accessories fit LEGO pneumatics? >> Mark (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Toa Nuva Posters

Hello All, I thought I'd share with you a few images of a bunch of posters I've been mish mashing together. These final sized, print at 20 X 30 and I'll mount the masks directly to the board. I took the design from the 2001 TRU mask poster. I don't (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Blacktronicle

(...) How could anyone hate something so BT-ish? Seriously, wonderful job of smooshing the two unlikely themes together. It's a pretty frightening visage, actually. Love to see one of them smashing thru a Space Police lock up. Cheers, -G (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Rubic Cube

Thanks for the comments & good luck! Fair point about black - it doesn't come out too well. I've changed the close-ups to white. Please excuse the ancient, less than white bricks :-) Martin. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic 9V motor comparison update

(...) Me too! only it's not quite reached the final stages yet. Steve (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Guess where my sphere's being used?

(...) You gotta like this! I sat down to replicate it and found I had not enough 1 X 1 Technic bricks with 5 studs, nor 1 X 2 offset plates. Careful use of available parts, plus Technic 1 X 1's with hole, 1 X 2's with 2 holes, Technic pins, and (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Blacktronicle

(...) Eww, I feel dirty! I must begrudgingly say... good job! -Tony "(URL) Hafhead>" Hafner (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Blacktronicle

(...) whoohoo! now blacktron can open up a can o' whupass on them bionicleeeeeeees -paul (URL) Et In Arcadia Lego> (URL) (custom sig image courtesy of CGidd) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Technic 9V motor comparison update

(...) Much thanks for your report. This information is excellent and useful! I'm just now completing a project that will use the race buggy motors. They do suck a lot of juice! -TJ (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic 9V motor comparison update

(...) Hi Miguel, You are right, and I already used it with clutch gear... I'll correct that. Thanks, Philo (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic 9V motor comparison update

Hi Philo, Your page says about the micromotor "Must be used with pulley" (bolding is mine): That is actually not the case, as Brian Sadowsky shows here: (2 URLs) I hope it helps - thanks for the efforts! (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Technic 9V motor comparison update

Hi, I updated my motors comparison page, to include the RC race buggy motor and some considerations on motors protection, RCX current limitations... (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Jamocklaquat - Technical Journal now Online

I have written and completed upload and page layout for Jama's Technical Read out. The page contains detailed information about the robot's functionality. 15 short sections describe my thoughts as well as insight in to the robot's design. Enjoy! (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: Blacktronicle

(...) Nah, this thing is terrific! Sixteen years been it has...dang. Great form you have here and I like the details, from the stabilizing thrusters to the ejectable pack. Funny intro too. I could not tell what the "windshield" was in the thumbnail; (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  The Toa Maiden Defeated

A slide show. Contains a small amount of Lego violence and even smaller amount of humor. (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Blacktronicle

(...) Great stuff. Neat! (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Blacktronicle

Some of you might hate me for this, but... (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: Rubic Cube

Martin- Incredible! Just incredible! Well done. -Ted Michon Irvine, CA (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  MedamaOyaji ROBOT kit from Japan

Hi all. We introduce MedamaOyaji ROBOT kit. MedamaOyaji is the famous character of Japanese comics "Gegege No Kitaro". MedamaOyaji ROBOT was produced by the young Japanese inventor Hiroki Shirakawa. The tiny 2-legged robot was extolled by Shigeru (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Small pneumatic engine

(...) Hey, that's real neat! I wonder if it can get even smaller, like those tiny walker things. I guess we're handicapped by the size of the cylinders and the valves. Hmmm, what we need are a couple of micro-cylinders and micro-valves... And wow, (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Small pneumatic engine

(...) Eric and Paul, That is very cool. I've been thinking about trying to play with small pistons. They react so much more quickly than large pistons. All my pneumatic switches are so used that small pistons can probably flip them. (...) Good job! (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Small pneumatic engine

Hi Pneumatic Fans, Having tried and failed a while ago to use the small cylinders as an engine I was recently drawn to this post by Eric Shader. (URL) his other amazing creations is a pneumatic engine using the small cylinders. Using Eric's (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Congratulations!!! Your Rubic Cube is a triumph! I tried a long time ago but I got as far as destroying the real one and gave up. Very well done! Best regards, Paul (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Can't wait! I might have to just build my own! One suggestion though - you should try to use a colour other than black for the close-ups - black is notoriously hard to photograph with good detail. ROSCO (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

Thanks for the comments everyone! I printed out some coloured 'stickers' for the sides at work so watch out for some new photos! Hmm a 4x4 cube ... how do they work ... Martin (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Some people are very hard to please :-) That reminds me of the Fundamental Inductive Theorem of Juggling: "If an audience has ever once seen n objects juggled, they will not be satisfied with any performance involving fewer than n+1 objects" * (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Wonderful! (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Oh my heavens! I gave up after I solved Rubik's Clock, a far easier task than the Cube. As for 4x4x4, I think I'll just quietly retire to grow Lego tomatoes or something. :-) Becky (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Sweet. Very impressive. Thanks for sharing. -J +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

(...) Hi Tom, These are files for the LSynth program. You'll need to go here: (URL) Install and enjoy --Orion (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

Hello Miguel, Traveling well on the dat Model, I have located all files except: 'ls10.dat' and 'ls31.dat' I cannot find any reference to them on Parts Tracker, or Peeron for that matter? I am not quite sure what parts they represent, or if they are (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Sure, that's a job for JP Brown ;o)) (URL) cool cube ! maybe someone will tackle the 4x4x4 cube ??? Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

Hi Tom, I am pretty certain that all unofficial parts in the model are "official unofficials" and can be tracked via the PT. Please be advised that the file might have some minor bugs. However, this did not prevent the Planetary Society's builder (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Rubic Cube

Sweet! Yet another stunning creation with the our favorite constuction toy! I seem to remeber someone building a Mindstorms bot that solves the REAL Rubik's cube.... perhaps you could team up and have an ALL Lego Rubik conglomerate. Awesome work (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  More Lego Mars Rovers (Re: MOC Differtimento)

The Planetary Society's website now has thumbnails of the Lego Mars Rover contest entries Very little competition in the Marie Curie Class <link (URL) In the Rocky Class, Emiel Visser's Stone Rider looks like what I envisioned a second version of (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Rubic Cube

Um, wow... File this under "thought that would be impossible." This makes my brain hurt and in my book that's a good thing! Well done! Bravo! -Jason (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Toa Maiden v Vorahk

The Toa Maiden once again demonstrates surprising martial elan. The photos do not convey the delicate balance in which the figures are poised. She has already apparently broken the Rahkshi's staff. The Toa Maiden is using her right thigh as a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Brilliant. I don't know what else to say.... that's just bloody brilliant. The corner pieces are a very skilled bit of building. Spotlighted, and well-deserved. Wow. Allan B. (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8454 Rescue Truck available from Shop@Home + 8455 Back-Hoe

And a couple of hours later the Back-Hoe is avaiable for ordering at Shop@Home. 703 pieces at $99.99 USD is not that bad considering it has 10 cylinders! For sure I will buy this when it come sout at retail. Here is the link: (URL) the link I forgot (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic problems

(...) Ack. Guess I spoke too soon. I was just playing with it when it popped out (AGAIN! :)) I'll try the T, But i'll need to get a couple. Luckily they're cheap :) Chris Pritchard (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8455 Backhoe Loader, is in the house...

(...) Look at my post here: (URL) Andersen (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic problems

(...) Try the pneumatic T? Could work, since I tried first to glue the broken inlet tube into the hole. That time, it did stick. Unfortuatly, I wanted it a bit longer, So that's where the flex tube comes in. I tried a different epoxie this time. I (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  8454 Rescue Truck available from Shop@Home

I just noticed that the new 8454 Rescue Truck is available from Shop@Home in Canada and U.S.A. All I can say that this set is totally cool. 634 pieces for $69.99 USD is an excellent price. I just hope this set will come to retail. It should anyway (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A free motorized switch with every compressor

(...) I never liked my pumps 'hangin' out there'--I always put the other side on, whether I'm using the pulley wheels for the small pump, or the 40t gears for the big ones--having the pullys/gears on both sides of the pump handle makes it so much (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A free motorized switch with every compressor

(...) I beleive so. The most important part of the stroke for highest pressure is most compressive part (making sure the pump compresses completely). The compressed air in the pump doesn't want to do that so it pushes back on the thing trying to (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A free motorized switch with every compressor

(...) You've placed a gear on both sides of the handle. Now this may seem the obvious thing to do with the large pumps, given the relatively large force required to push them. But I've always wondered if it would be beneficial to do the same with (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8455 Backhoe Loader, is in the house...

(...) wOw! I would LOVE to grab that model! An all-pneumatic backhoe! Imagine what it would look like beside the old 8862 backhoe. I hope it is not too expenceive... Chris Pritchard (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

(...) I know the camera is on the PT and probably the others. Yes, the PT is alive and well: (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: MOC Differtimento

Hello Miguel, I downloaded your DAT file of Differtimento and it seems to use some parts I don't have. Primarily the Vision Command camera and the newer type of wheels. Can you point me in the right direction to where I might be able to down load (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.

(...) I've gotten up to six. (...) You can always pair up pistons that are linked to add more power. I'm very curious to see how your logic works. Can you email me some details? (...) Thats more than what I have. I'm close on pistons, but not on (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.

(...) works but the details behind the syntax seems to be eluding me. (sigh) I'll redraw the pics I've done on paper so that they're legible to other people and put them up on a website so y'all can see what I've done. >> Mark (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.

Okay... quick question, going back to square one. How many switches could I actually realistically gang onto one pneumatic piston so that the piston's position will simultaneously flip all of them? I've just worked out a design for an octal register (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A free motorized switch with every compressor

(...) I forgot to add a few more pictures. (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  A free motorized switch with every compressor

I love differentials. I wanted to share another trick I figured out while playing with pneumatics. By combining a differential with the motor(s) and pump(s) of a compressor, you can make a motorized switch. (URL) above behemoth compressor, I have (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pneumatic problems

try the local office, in your country best regards jt "Puffie40" <puffie40@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HGADH0.1oDM@lugnet.com... (...) compresser!:) (...) starting to (...) off the (...) non-lego (...) did was I (...) Then I (...) I left (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.

(...) Got it I think. (...) I got tired of not being able to document my pneumatic designs. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic problems

(...) How do I do that? (...) Who knows? maybe glue the bottom one off, and try using it as a compresser!:) I am trying a different glue this time. I am trying JB weld. It's starting to look hopeful for now. Chris Pritchard (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Questions from a pneumatics newbie.

(...) The premise would be that I would actually be supplying inputs to both ends of a destination piston. Since my gates produce *BOTH* the required combinational logic output and its complement on two separate valves, I just hook both airflow (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact