 Technic / Bionicle / 2229
Re: Toa Nuva Posters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 13:15:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Todd Kubo wrote:
   Oh, I know of the joke, found it funny that people always go nuts.

I find it more frustrating than funny, but that’s because any time I mention stuff like this on MaskofDestiny, I get a bunch of e-mails from people telling me that I’m wrong.

BTW, I’d love to see a closeup of your version of the Infected Miru Nuva. I had a horrible time trying to figure out a good believable design for mine, and I’m still not hugely satisfied with it. It’d be interesting to see what someone else came up with.

   I was just following what is on the Lego Bionicle Site itself. Joke or no it’s listed in the little color squares after the Miru Nuva. So Why not?

I suppose, but I’d have much preferred if they were temporary stand-ins for the Taka Nuva/Makuta masks, since I believe those technically fall into the Kanohi Nuva group (they’re new shapes that are being introduced concurrent with the Toa Nuva, at least) and it seems a shame to exclude them.

   Just following these tracks from the Lexicon again at bionicle.com 1) Golden Kanohi - Mask of Valor worn by Toa Kaita Akamai. So Why not a Golden Kanohi Nuva For Akamai Nuva? 2) Silver Kahohi - Silver Mask of Wisdom worn by the other Toa Kaita, Wairuha. Again so Why not make a Silver Mask there too?

This is a rather long-standing source of frustration on behalf of a lot of kids. There are people who don’t understand why the Toa would give up their cool gold and silver Kanohi (which contain the power of every Kanohi they’ve accumulated up to that point) to get a plain-vanilla Kanohi Nuva with the powers of only one mask. I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve received e-mail asking why the gold/silver Kanohi wouldn’t have turned into gold/silver Kanohi Nuva instead. The official reasoning runs that the individual Kanohi Nuva are much more powerful than the original Kanohi, and that all of the energy from the accumulated mask powers was converted into running the one core set of mask powers of their signature Kanohi Nuva. That in turn led to the question of when we’d see gold and silver Kanohi Nuva, but TLC doesn’t seem to be very interested in doing that at this point (well, aside from the Mask of Light, and the powerless Protodermic Kanohi Nuva). It’s a shame, really, since the Mask of Light was produced in much better metallic gold and metallic silver plastics than the gold/silver Kanohi were.

   I believe neither is related to the MoL. Right?

Couldn’t say. I’m not yet privy to the plot of MoL, so I don’t know if any of the Toa Nuva/Rahkshi combiners have been used. Regardless, the gold/silver Hau Nuva are not official story canon, so they are not MoL material. BTW, why a silver Hau Nuva instead of a silver Miru Nuva?