 Technic / Bionicle / 2234
Re: Toa Nuva Posters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:37:05 GMT

My base of choice is Testors Model Master Acryl “Aircraft Interior Black”. While it doesn’t have the semi-metallic glitter to it, it is about the same shade as the Infected Hau basecoat.
Hmm...I’ll try that, shot a little flat Steel from testors, and it should give a little flake into it.

I discovered that Citadel Colours “Vermin Brown” is almost an exact match for the rust on the Infected Hau. It’s just a teensy bit darker, and it’s not glossy (since when is rust shiny?), but it’s close enough that you need to get the two next to each other to tell them apart.

Most browns seem to work pretty well, since it kind of “fades” as the streaks get longer.

Mempo of Time, and he didn’t really clarify whether he received it before the Nuvafication (in which case it should have been consumed along with all > of the other Great and Minor Kanohi), or if Vakama handed it off to him after he got his Darth Vader helmet. • Come to the Dark side...Toa of Fire...

And 252 to collect

That many? 7 X 6 X 6? Whoa! Slugs rule!

I’m reserving judgement on the Kraata until after I see all of the various color combinations. They sent me one free as a teaser for the next press kit, and it’s in Blacktron I colors (black & yellow), which I find to be rather amusing since it’s been sitting on my desk the entire time I’ve been working on the two Blacktronicle MOCs, but I wasn’t able to figure out a good way to incorporate it into those designs (they actually would work reasonably well as giant claws on a hand, or heads for Skeksis or vulture- ish birds).
Well, I think claws would be good, lower or upper jaw, yep. but as soft as these are they really don’t “grip” well. Any MoC with claws like these would be constantly breaking a nail.

I hope so. They did a better job releasing the Protodermic Kanohi Nuva than they did with the gold/silver Kanohi as well. I’m not joking when I say I’ve completed at least a dozen sets of the metallic Kanohi, but even after completing my Krana-Kal set, I’m still one short on my second set of Protodermics, and that’s after trading my thirds and fourths to fill in some of the gaps in both of the other sets.
The joys of collecting masks... I’m working on it. The fever will die once I’ve got at least 2 complete sets. What Protodermic are you missing? I’ve seem to have gotten a lot of few certain ones...

Got it. You know, there was a lot of confusion about all of that since Akamai is always clearly shown wearing a Hau-shape, and Wairuha always wears a Miru-shape, but we were told that the chrome Hau belonged to Wairuha. There were some people who even speculated that the TNG Miru belonged to Akamai (which made no sense at all, since it’s Lewa’s eye color). To this date we still don’t have an official explanation as to the purpose of the TNG Miru,

Actually, I remember discussing this with Christian Gemünden way back when. But in one of the first comic books, in the middle “ad” pages there was a reference to the Toas aquiring all the masks and their final mask would become the same as their eye color. (remember this was before the gold/silver kanohi) Which was going to be a cool idea, hence maybe the TDY Kaukau was not necessarily a misprint. Then again, they never did any other trans colors of the other masks, then shortly came the Gold/Silver Kanohi. Which is right around the time Lego started producing all the “metallic” color bricks and parts. Would be nice to find that reference again...

I kinda prefer gold for the red/brown/green group, and silver for the black/blue/white group, though all of my original Toa are wearing gold-tone Kanohi and Exo-Toa.

Hmm...Close, I like Red/Brown/Black then Blue/Green/White.

Might not in light of collecting the Rahkshi. Even if you don’t like the Kraata, you surely must appreciate the idea of getting ten socket joints in one of the primary Toa colors and one in trans-neon orange for a measly nine bucks, and getting the ultra-posable legs to boot. The Rahkshi “Kanohi” is also pretty cool looking.
Yes, that part is right. I’ve gotten all the Rahkshi. I am not a huge Technic builder so the socket joints aren’t such a big deal. I seem to have many in base colors already. But the posability is fantastic! Now once they make the leg components in base colors that will be even better!

How’s about this Dave. Speculation; but if you look at the Kraata head on. Would not all the variations make very nice “Rahkshi Kanohi”? OOooo MoC line coming into form here...Much easier to carve masks in this format too...Might have to try that one...