 Technic / Bionicle / 2232
Re: Toa Nuva Posters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 15:24:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, David Laswell wrote:
   I find it more frustrating than funny, but that’s because any time I mention stuff like this on MaskofDestiny, I get a bunch of e-mails from people telling me that I’m wrong. • Well, You know Everybody always knows better! LoL

BTW, I’d love to see a closeup of your version of the Infected Miru Nuva. I had a horrible time trying to figure out a good believable design for mine, and I’m still not hugely satisfied with it. It’d be interesting to see what someone else came up with.
Will Do. I painted some other dupes as well. I don’t think I have a good flat Dark Grey base paint for the main color. But I am pretty happy with the dry brush paint I used for the “Rusty” parts. I’ll put em up on Brickshelf soon! and Send a link.

I suppose, but I’d have much preferred if they were temporary stand-ins for the Taka Nuva/Makuta masks, since I believe those technically fall into the Kanohi Nuva group (they’re new shapes that are being introduced concurrent with the Toa Nuva, at least) and it seems a shame to exclude them.

Agreed.

This is a rather long-standing source of frustration on behalf of a lot of kids. There are people who don’t understand why the Toa would give up their cool gold and silver Kanohi (which contain the power of every Kanohi they’ve accumulated up to that point) to get a plain-vanilla Kanohi Nuva with the powers of only one mask. I’ve lost track of the number of times I’ve received e-mail asking why the gold/silver Kanohi wouldn’t have turned into gold/silver Kanohi Nuva instead. The official reasoning runs that the individual Kanohi Nuva are much more powerful than the original Kanohi, and that all of the energy from the accumulated mask powers was converted into running the one core set of mask powers of their signature Kanohi Nuva.
Well, typical that fans always point out the flaws in storylines of any comic book. I believe at one point in the last comic #10 one of the Toa Nuva actually points out that they have to look out for more masks since they have lost the main source of power of their own masks.

   That in turn led to the question of when we’d see gold and silver Kanohi Nuva...Mask of Light was produced in much better metallic gold and metallic silver plastics than the gold/silver Kanohi were.

Again Agreed. The Gold colour from the New set is much nicer than the “coppey” gold from the Kanohi run. The proto Silver is nicer too. Not as grey. Something will have to follow, since I’m wondering aboout the Kraata. Seriously 3 Kraata per can. I don’t think I’m rushing out to collect slugs. (Got enough here in the yard.) But the can is kind neat. (again typical, the packaging is neater than the product.) But maybe metallic mask colors to come...

BTW, why a silver Hau Nuva instead of a silver Miru Nuva? Only following what came out first run way back when. Chrome silver Hau, and then the contest Gold Hau. But the Gold looks good on any of them. I painted a whole bunch of dupes way back when, and posted the masks. I suppose I’ll get into it and do the same. Interest comes and goes. Will probably wane in light of collecting Kraata.