 Technic / Bionicle / 2235
Re: Toa Nuva Posters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:29:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Todd Kubo wrote:
   Hmm...I’ll try that, shot a little flat Steel from testors, and it should give a little flake into it.

Just don’t mix Testors Model Master with Testors Model Master Acryl. It’s like mixing oil and water. Exactly like it, in fact, since TMM is oil-based enamel, and TMMA is water-based acrylic enamel. Color selection on TMMA isn’t great unless you’re into military or sports cars, but it’s the most durable acrylic model paint on the market right now (I can even tell a huge difference between TMMA and the defunct Testors Pactra acrylic line). Anyways, I wasn’t all that interested in mixing paint to get a perfect match for my Kanohi Kino line, since I wanted them to all have perfectly matched basecoats, and I really didn’t feel like counting out the drops.

   Most browns seem to work pretty well, since it kind of “fades” as the streaks get longer.

The Vermin Brown is the same tone of orangy-brown though. It’s just a teensy bit darker. I shot a photo of my fakie Infected Miru Nuva next to a legitimate Infected Hau, and you can get a good idea of just how close they really are. The IMN rust is still just barely noticably darker than the IH rust if you’re holding them in your hand, but it’s not enough of a difference for my digital camera to pick it up.

   And 252 to collect

That many? 7 X 6 X 6? Whoa! Slugs rule!

Eh, sort of. There are 6x6 for the actual Rahkshi, but then there are supposed to be a bunch of unused Kraata floating around, with six of each color combo. I got a black/yellow one, and Mark got a red/blue one, so some of the color combos might be pretty wild. The official ones all have metallic paint on the “head” part. There are also supposed to be some Shadow Kraata (rumored to be purple *fingers crossed*), so this is going to be a tough set to collect.

   Well, I think claws would be good, lower or upper jaw, yep. but as soft as these are they really don’t “grip” well. Any MoC with claws like these would be constantly breaking a nail.

Depends on whether you make your MOCs to play with, or more as sculpture. They’d make excellent claws for a sculpture, but yeah, if you plan on giving it some serious play time, they’d be popping off all the time.

   The joys of collecting masks... I’m working on it. The fever will die once I’ve got at least 2 complete sets. What Protodermic are you missing? I’ve seem to have gotten a lot of few certain ones...

I’m missing the Protodermic Pakari Nuva for my set of dupes, but I’ve got another complete set hanging out with my set of regular Kanohi Nuva. I’ve only got the eleven, though, so I can’t trade Protodermic for Protodermic.

   Actually, I remember discussing this with Christian Gemünden way back when. But in one of the first comic books, in the middle “ad” pages there was a reference to the Toas aquiring all the masks and their final mask would become the same as their eye color. (remember this was before the gold/silver kanohi) Which was going to be a cool idea, hence maybe the TDY Kaukau was not necessarily a misprint. Then again, they never did any other trans colors of the other masks, then shortly came the Gold/Silver Kanohi. Which is right around the time Lego started producing all the “metallic” color bricks and parts. Would be nice to find that reference again...

You have to remember that he’s in Germany, and early on in the Bionicle run, there was a bit of miscommunication between the different geographic locales. The Billund copper 2-pack says that they are more powerful versions of the Turaga Kanohi, that they require greater concentration to master, and that they are mined in the depths of Mata Nui. There was a US comic book that clearly stated they were given out as prizes in various Matoran games. Since only the Turaga and Toa can wear real Noble Masks, these two explanations clearly do not agree with each other. There was no mention of the story purpose for the TNG Miru in any of the US comics (I’ve got them all, including the alternate printings), and this is the first I’ve ever heard of any officially released info. Like I said, there were people claming that it was Akamai’s mask, since the chrome Hau belonged to Wairuha. There was also a rumor of a trans-red Hau, but Leah tried to track down any official info on that and was told that it never existed.

   Hmm...Close, I like Red/Brown/Black then Blue/Green/White.

I prefer those color groupings for Kaita combiners, but I think gold looks better with green than with black, and silver looks better with black than with green.

   Yes, that part is right. I’ve gotten all the Rahkshi. I am not a huge Technic builder so the socket joints aren’t such a big deal. I seem to have many in base colors already. But the posability is fantastic! Now once they make the leg components in base colors that will be even better!

If they do. I’m not holding my breath at this point. I’m still waiting for the original Toa limbs to be produced in the other five base colors.

   How’s about this Dave. Speculation; but if you look at the Kraata head on. Would not all the variations make very nice “Rahkshi Kanohi”? OOooo MoC line coming into form here...Much easier to carve masks in this format too...Might have to try that one...

I’m not sure I follow what you’re saying here...