 Technic / 10693
Re: YAPNQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 16:28:11 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mark Tarrabain wrote:

Ah, nuts.  I was hoping I might have a cheap source for lots of tubing,
T connectors, and what I was *really* hoping for... those one-way valves
that are only like $2 a piece.

Actually, I have used aquarium tubing and one way valves before. There is
'miniature' airline tubing for aquariums that I think fits with Lego pneumatics.
It is much stiffer than the official silicone tubing though. But this miniature
airline comes with adapters that can be used to connect Lego pneumatic tubing to
regular aquarium airline tubing. I used a couple of the one way valves to build
a vacuum pump before I realized Lego made an official part that does the same
thing. Too bad it went out with the old pneumatics system. These valve blocks
can still be bought on bricklink though:
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?invXrefID=15324&invType=F
Hope that helps,
Rob