 Technic / 10706
Re: EGAD! (pneumatics)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 05:17:12 GMT

Rob Stehlik wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Mark Tarrabain wrote:

Does anyone know if these

http://www.petmeister.com/item841.htm

Will actually connect LEGO pneumatics with regular aquarium hoses?

Yes! These are the adapters for the miniature airline I was talking about. I
used them in my window walker to connect the pneumatic tubing to the suction
cups:

Sweet!  So with these adapters, I can use regular aquarium hoses, which
can be bought for pennies a foot -- way cheaper than LEGO tubing.

Elbow, tee, and cross connectors for aquarium hoses are also really
cheap, and I've seen aquarium hose check valve that go for less than $2
a piece.  I'm betting that some really neat stuff can be made with those.

The only thing I think I'd be left wishing for here would be some sort
of electrically controllable form of pneumatic switch -- but not just a
simple solenoid valve, rather a mechanism whereby multiple such valves
could actually be individually controlled by a single motor output from
an RCX (although it would probably require two motor outputs... one for
power and another for addressing).

Any EE's here up to that challenge?  :)