 Technic / *10501 (-100)
  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) I saw some US heavy haulers on pictures. I think those looks strange because of the length, the ammount of dollies and the non steered axles. These vehicles doesn't fit on the Dutch roads! Like the 6-axle tractor the vehicle needs a lot of (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Bionicle shoes hitting the stores

Legoland, CA had the new Bionicle shoes for sale when I was there (Yes Eric, another visit, lol). I put up pictures of them, and the 2 masks for the shoes up on my site, so if this kind of thing floats your boat - then check it out: (URL) are pretty (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Lego.com opens Bionicle message board

Just noticed today that bionicle.com has message boards listed. All posts have to get the ok from a moderator before they are posted though. I wish them luck - if they are going that route they will need it. Thats one job I would not want. (URL) P (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) This really looks like quite a monster considering that it is a standard road vehicle; it would probably cover most of the space under the trailer. :) What does the text read though? (sorry, don't know German) (...) I did this for my current (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) Thanks! I've actually seen those on the road before. Just never knew what they're called. TJ (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

I believe that is a dolly with a fifth wheel on connected to the tractor, and then the trailer are connected to the dolly. "Thomas Avery" <thomas.avery@intec-hou.com> wrote in message news:H5J5vy.1JG@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) What the heck's a jeepdolly? Someone please edumacate me. Glad to see you back in the land of the living, Jennifer! TJ (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) Not if you're reversing you don't :-) Jennifer (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) Indead. Though, I prefer a 4-axle tractor with a two axle jeepdolly! Dennis (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) That's correct. (...) I have a picture of another 6-axle Scania of the same company, together with a 5-axle low loader (Nooteboom), loaded with a drilling rigg. I haven't got a picture on-line. Dennis (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) It has a 580 hp 16-litre V8 engine (built by Scania). Axle three can be raised up. I'm not sure if it concerned the 6th axle as well. (...) The tractor is 12x4 driven (driven axles 4 and 5). The three front axles are steered, as well as the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

Wow! (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

Hi, I had a close look at the drawing at the bottom of the page: it looks like the first three axles as well as the last axle are steerable. It also looks like only the non steerable axles are powered. Greetings, David PS: Now I'd like to see a (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 6-axle Scania tractor

(...) raise up to reduce tire contact during non-loaded travel? How many of 'em are steerable? I'm curious as to how the two driven rear axles would be constructed with suspension. That's something I've always wanted to build. TJ (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  6-axle Scania tractor

And what do you think of building a 6-axle Scania tractor? (URL) Bosman (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) Thanks. The carrier will be a 6x4 driven MB Actros (probably a 3353). See the following link for some pictures of the original truck: (URL) not sure if it will be this one with the loading crane. The trailer is a 5-axle Nooteboom step frame (...) (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Maori hacker forces toy forum off Net (BZPower Bionicle website )

(...) The sad part about this is that this looks like another case of misunderstanding between 2 completely different cultures. Though I can understand the concern of the Maori people about the using of their religion and culture in a toy, it should (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Maori hacker forces toy forum off Net (BZPower Bionicle website )

This is just sloppy journalism. It looks like the author read Kelly's article ((URL) BZPower.com, made a few assumptions, and wrote an article without doing any research. I have a few comments on I've snipped parts that are taken directly from (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general)

  Maori hacker forces toy forum off Net (BZPower Bionicle website )

Interesting... ---...--- "A so-called "terrorist" Maori hacker has forced an Internet forum associated with international toymaker Lego offline. Though Lego had buckled to pressure and agreed to stop using Maori words in its range of Bionicle toys, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.general) !

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

Good luck, it looks like a worthy project to model! Will the carrier truck be "double wide"? Legomaster (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

I dont think there are any danger yet... regards "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message news:H5DuLK.453@lugnet.com... (...) grab (...) machine (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) them (...) Yeah, but I purchase in your country too ... 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Jamocklaquat - Mission 7 Upper Leg Hex Truss

(Pardon, I intended to X-post.....) Hey gang, after I built the intial Hex Truss, I started to build one of the upper Leg modules. I was happy with the way it worked, but in the effort to make a sturdy design, it's size exceeded the design size I (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) Don't worry. I already have a lot of them. Else I wouldn't make this machine of LEGOs. And I only purchase in my own country .... Dennis (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) Yep, I have enough for two medium machines, but more chain links are always welcome!! (...) Painting LEGOs is not my style. However, I've painted some old scratched pieces. But I'm not really satisfied with the result. I also would like to (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) It is a nice crane indead! I have a lot of red beams. As I will not build the highest LEGO crane in the World it's not necessary to have 1000s of them. But as always I will be to short in them. Maybe I will order some, together with some 2x8 (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatics Page Migrating to Oz-land

Hi folks, Please be informed that the pneumatics page is migrating to: (URL) reason is that the current site was getting so bad that I couldn't even access it to upload new stuff. The new host which has been recommended by quite a number of people (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) Aaaargh! Someone else will be looking for bulk red beams! I'd better grab them all quick! (Anyone got about 200 spare?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: new MOC: FireWasp

That is one innovative design I love the use of bionicle parts...lego is lego is lego. Every piece is valuable. Yes...i'm afraid to even say Ga..Galidor. Fire wasp that's a cool name too. Fits it. This could be one of those fads bionicle and space. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC: FireWasp

Hey All, I normally post in .castle but couldn't resist putting in my two cents here. I agree with Adrian (nice web page BTW) about pieces from other themes being used for space. I think that any piece from any theme can probably be used in some (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) It's a shame Lego doesn't make them at all! You could always paint them :-) Jennifer Clark had success with painting 1x7 liftarms. Look at the end of the boom on her AC-50 crane, and you'll see them. They're quite nice. Actually, what would be (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

(...) I'm assuming you'll go with the red color scheme. Good luck and keep us posted. TJ (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

Cant wait to see it inreal!! It is indeed an interresting project, Its a shame lego dosen't make crawler links in different colors.. regards "Dennis Bosman" <dennis.bosman@siemens.nl> wrote in message news:H577us.8qE@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  New project: Sennebogen 5500HDSL crawler crane (Mammoet)

My new project for next year probably will be a 150 tons crawler crane: (URL) scale will be 1:13 as usual. Next to the crane I also would like to build a suitable truck to carry the crane. Dennis Bosman (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: #8448 Discontinued?

I've got one (brand-new) but there's only one problem it's in Poland :) br pixel "Gary Simas" <desmotwin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H538yC.Gso@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: #8448 Discontinued?

Sorry guys. I'm keeping it to myself until I can get back and buy a couple since that's the only way I'll be able to get any. The also have 2 Control Center II's! I only go to this place twice a year, so when I've gone back and had a go, I'll let (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: #8448 Discontinued?

(...) Me too. Ron (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  8466 4 x 4 Off Roader Render/Ldraw file

I just finished this. It's availible at my website: (URL) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.technic)

  Re: #8448 Discontinued?

(...) Where? How much? I'll take them all, well maybe a few Gary (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: #8448 Discontinued?

(...) And I know of a shop with at least ten on the shelf! Gordon (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  #8448 Discontinued?

I just recently went to shop.lego.com to purchase my very own 8448 Street Sensation, and got a notice that the set was "Not available in my country." (USA). A call to Shop-at-Home confirmed the worst: there are no more 8448 sets, the set has been (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Some nifty backsuspensions for a car?

Hello again, I've been working a lot in the last week so there has been little time for Lego building. But this weekend I finished the back-suspension ideas that I had for my car/truck/pickup project. Look at (URL) its been moderated you can have a (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Jamocklaquat - Mission 6 Upper Body Rotate

I got Spine Spin! (URL) 7 begin Upper Leg Hex Truss. Jamocklaquat Brickshelf Gallery (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Some Cool Cars I found

(...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Jamocklaquat - Spine Segment 1

Hey all, I snapped some more gooder mo betta Jama-rama spine pix: Overall (URL) Loop'd-Loo - Mechanical Spine Cam Actuation - (URL) Eye Lights by John Barnes' hitechnicstuff.com (Thank You!!!) (URL) Duty Worm Table (URL) High RPM 9V Motors are (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Some Cool Cars I found

Hey, I found this while looking for pics to build a corvette, someone beat me to it: (URL) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new MOC: FireWasp

Ah yes...Bohrok! I usually refer to them as the Cannister-Canopy-Fac...e-Thingies :) If only my Sammoan wasn't so rusty..... Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Beef about LEGO motors (rant)

<<snip>> [please notice glimps in the eye before flaming me] Sorry, but Bah! 1) We all have the same limitations to work with here - it's part of the challenge. 2) We all have the same limitations to work with here - it's part of the challenge. :) (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Beef about LEGO motors (rant)

<<snip>> (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new MOC: FireWasp

(...) Hey, you're welcome. This model's much more playable and "swooshable" than most of my others, although the front half still has a tendency to snap off if handled too roughly. And do you mean Bohrok, and not Nuva? The Nuva don't have canopies. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC: FireWasp

Hey, you're welcome to your opinion and I'm certainly not going to bash you for it. While I agree that the bionicle parts do seem to be "hanging on", they are, after all, a different color then the rest of the model (that pseudo-silver as opposed to (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space)

  Re: new MOC: FireWasp

Nifty Adrian. I quite like the versatility of those wings...all the configurations really ups the play value. I see the canopy for a black Nuva sitting in the bin and keep wondering how I'm going to use it. I think I now know how....tanx! Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Beef about LEGO motors (rant)

"Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H4LzAu.965@lugnet.com... (...) have a look that all of thise units are much bigger than technic motor so I think that lego has to think about positioning and bearing the axle notice that (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new MOC: FireWasp

Hello, Adrian, While the piece use is awesome, and the studless design is really neat, I dunno about the all the bionicle stuff. In Jon's M-Wing, and in your awesome Megaera, the bionicle pieces are used to supplement the overall shape of the model, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space)

  Re: something i said?

"Mike Fusion" <mikefusion@hotmail.com> wrote in news:H4B03D.6B5@lugnet.com: (...) LOL, not really neccessary, but appreciated. Thanks. (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  new MOC: FireWasp

Wasn't there some complaining in .space about nothing new happening? Well, how about this. Here's a little ship I built over the weekend after getting inspired by a couple of the new Bionicle Nuva sets. First was Palmer's M-Wing, then my Megaera, (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space)

  Re: Beef about LEGO motors (rant)

(...) When looking at the axle piece from the motor it seems there is plenty of space, and the redesign of that part would suffice. But then I'm not a mechanical engineer. Jürgen (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Beef about LEGO motors (rant)

(...) You know, I found myself having *exactly* the same problem a month ago when I was trying to decide where to put the motors in a custom model. There were some very good spots where the motors would have fit in quite snugly but the geartrain was (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Beef about LEGO motors (rant)

(...) You could always search for a few of these (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Beef about LEGO motors (rant)

As an afterthought... Lego must have realized the problem because the Microscout, Manas motor unit, and Spybots ALL use an axle socket for motor output! With the recent revision of the 9V motors, it would have been nice if they could have (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Beef about LEGO motors (rant)

No, it's not just you... I've found myself many times in the same predicament, and just like you, end up doing something less compact to get around the problem. I haven't peeked inside one of the motors, but I suspect there's probably not a lot of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Beef about LEGO motors (rant)

You mean like the gear reduction unit in 872? See (URL) for details. You basically have a 4L axle bushing running across the block at the bottom, and a 2L in the middle. Very useful thing to have... Duq "Mark Tarrabain" <markt@lynx.SPAMBLOCK.net> (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Beef about LEGO motors (rant)

Actually that's a pretty good idea, not bad at all. Just think before those axle joiners came out, I used to use a couple of z24s linked together using the axle slotsto extend the output. Legomaster www.mylegomaster.com (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Beef about LEGO motors (rant)

I've often wondered why it was that LEGO decided, when making their technic motors, to have them with such a ridiculously short axle that you almost ALWAYS will need to use an axle joiner to extend it. What would have made more sense (at least to (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Look what I did

I've put a black one in now and this one's stayed intact. Steve (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: Synchro

(...) It's my first site update since spring. It never rains, it pours... (...) Glad to give a little tiny amount back :) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: Synchro

I didn't realize you have been so busy! Wow! Wow! Wow! Um, Wow! Just beautiful! Thank YOU for the inspiration! Legomaster (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Look what I did

(...) Possibly for some, but that boom used at least 60 (most of which were previously unused), probably half were grey, and I couldn't hold the boom horizontally with the grey ones on the bottom (it would bend and fail), but with them on the top, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Look what I did

(...) A quick test with two lt grey joiners and three of other colors could not confirm your results. 1 lt grey was loose, the other was quite tight. Could it be that you have used your lt greys more than your other colors, and they are more worn? (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  New MOC: Synchro

Yes, I've been busy :) Third new Technic MOC is a Synchro platform: (URL) /Tobbe #1793 (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc)

  New MOC: Killough 2.0

Hi! Another new MOC at my new site, another Killough platform: (URL) /Tobbe #1793 (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc)

  New MOC: Gunhead.

Hi! New MOC at my new site, it's a failed tankplatform: (URL) /Tobbe #1793 (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Heads Up: LoTeK has a new URL!

Hi all! My website LoTeK has moved! Previous URL: (URL) URL: (URL) moved the files and folders around a bit too so the site has had a major overhaul. Please update any bookmarks to my site. All folders on the old site has a redirecting index.html (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.gaming)

  Jamocklaquat - Mission 5 Sneak Peak - Spine Segment 1

Out on the Town, Jama can now take a bow. (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Look what I did

(...) Well I dunno if its pertinent, but I noticed while building the boom on my crane (URL) that the lt grey joiners had consistently less "stickiness" on the axles than any other colour I used (white, black, dk grey). If you look closely at this (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  New Syngress RIS 2.0 Book!

Syngress has published another LEGO book, continuing the series started by the Dark Side Developer's Kit book, and to be finished up by the Ultimate Builder's Set book. I think all three will be available in a kit too. This current book is specific (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic) !

  Look what I did

Hi all This picture is the result of my latest test (URL) managed to split an axle joiner. Is this common? Has anyone else done it? It was connected between the centre diff of a 4x4 chassis and the gearbox output. I guess I sholdn't have added that (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: HP rating on the 9V motor.

(...) According to the Random Hall Lego Robotics Seminar page ((URL) the peak power of the geared 9V motor is 0.87 watts, or 0.0012 HP. The non-geared (old style) 9V motor puts out 0.37 watts, or 0.00050 HP. Has anyone else performed measurements? (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: HP rating on the 9V motor.

(...) IIRC 1hp=0.75kW, a lego power motor is 9V*500mA=4.5W, which gives 0.006hp. Jürgen (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  HP rating on the 9V motor.

HI there! I just watched the video that ships with the 8457 Power Puller and it gives some facts about the real version side by side with the LEGO model. Among other things it claims the HP rating on the model to be 0.0007 HP. I don't know if that's (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Small steering with suspension AND drive yep go for it!

Do you have picture, link or other info about the vehicle? Scania Volvo MAN DAF?? regards hmm how is your project going on? Im still impressed about the concept, its great! "Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: So you want a faster 8448...try LNOS.

"Nathan Falslev" <nfalslev@netscape.net> wrote in message news:H4Eu7x.HK4@lugnet.com... (...) these: (...) (URL) (...) WOW!! That is one of the qewlest / nicest / best mod of a orginal set I've seen so far! That was amazing! It realy looked like (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Bionicle + Halloween

Equals The Headless Biorider! Picture in black & white. (URL) in color. (URL) features a removable "pumpkin" head, flames, a decap sword and a mass of heads that follow behind as he/it moves. This actually started out as Agariki's Halloween costume (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Small steering with suspension AND drive??

Try out some of Tatras 6WD trucks (URL) have made the Tatra T813 with 8WD (URL) I'm trying to make the smalles steering system with drive and suspension and (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

"jan-tore" <jan-tore@legotrucks.com> wrote in message news:H4E6ME.yC@lugnet.com... (...) Looks cool :) But the pickups plane looks a bit small... (...) of (...) Ohoo! That was a nice one :) Have to take som picture of the big selfbuild towing/rescue (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

"pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:H4DEqp.8Cn@lugnet.com... (...) These suspension types is nice. Realy compact and looks sturdy too. I especialy like your front wheel susp. Going to mod it to fit some drive in there too :) The (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  So you want a faster 8448...try LNOS.

I've been modifying my Super Street Sensation 8448 for some time now. After a V12, 4 point harnesses, rear spoiler and shock tower bracing what more do you need. Well, that all depends on how fast you want to go. For a little extra acceleration (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Demag TC 2800 crane

x-posted to .technic, .modelteam and .announce.moc, FUT .technic, .modelteam (...) axle. (...) Nice crane, Randal! I'm beginning to think DEMAG should use lugnet.technic for advertising material 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: What version for my rcx 1.5 - sorry wrong group!

(22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  What version for my rcx 1.5

Hello, I am starting to look at my mindstorm again. It is version 1.5 and I have prev. used NQC and RcxCC. What should I use now? How about the new sdk 2.0? Can I use that one? Can I use the new versions of NQC and RcxCC? Hope someone can bring me (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Small steering with suspension AND drive yep go for it!

Yup! Any challenge is a good challenge! And the more complex it is, the better. Good luck with the project, and please keep us updated about the progress. I think maybe this is interresting (URL) the smallest thing I have ever seen! Also I think (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

"jan-tore" <jan-tore@legotrucks.com> wrote in message news:H4D7HC.Hsr@lugnet.com... (...) Why?? (and offcourse, I have done no research on this...) Probably because of the strength on stiff axels? (...) OK. Then I going to make it just for the fun (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Small steering with suspension AND drive??

your susp is cool front and back i like it look at mine front susp (URL) back (URL) the second one back (URL) works ok i've got them in my model but it's not finished yet so i'll not show it now "Luis Hernández" <lmhariano@latinmail.com> wrote in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Thinner Diff (was: something i said?)

you could make that one stud thinner by placing it within a framework. now i have something else to work on... i did recently make on from a 24t gear but it rotates around one of the four holes off axis and is really only good for use in a sensor (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: something i said?

Finally i can give credit where credit is due. I remember seeing the pics but checking my directory i didn't find a the original names so i couldn't remember who you were. anyways, proper credit will be given in the next day. regards, m. "Rick S" (...) (22 years ago, 20-Oct-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  MOC: Technic-scale tower crane

Although it was completed a while ago, recent posts [1] have prodded me into making an official announcement. Check out this seven-foot-tall tower crane: (URL) aim was to create a functional model that would fit in with the style of classic Technic (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.org.ca.nalug) !!

  Re: Small steering with suspension AND drive??

Sorry! All trucks in a general has a stiff front axle. Im not sure about pick ups and SUVs, but for sure any given car has suspension the same way as your setup. not trucks! sorry! The latest buses from Scania uses has a stiff rear axle and split (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic Crane...Best Place to Start

(...) Sorry! TAFE = Technical And Further Education is name given to tertiary institutions in Aus for technical rather than acedemic courses. They usually grant diplomas rather than degrees, but the distinction is grey at best... Also, by (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

"Luis Hernández" <lmhariano@latinmail.com> wrote in message news:H4CLso.Asu@lugnet.com... (...) using (...) (URL) >Look at the photos in the (...) There is no problem, but I've tried to make a usefull small suspension system with only Lego parts and (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Small steering with suspension AND drive??

(...) Yeah, I also think you cheated..... but what's the problem????? It´s a very interesting suspension setup.... and very very very small. (...) That's a winning one..... I'll try to build one like that, but using this time full dampers or maybe (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact