 Technic / 8389
8388  |  8390
Subject:
Look what I did
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:55:32 GMT

Hi all

This picture is the result of my latest test

I managed to split an axle joiner. Is this common? Has anyone else done it?

It was connected between the centre diff of a 4x4 chassis and the gearbox
output.

I guess I sholdn't have added that second gear motor(new type) :-).

Rather than the diffs clicking in the axles or the gearbox breaking, this
part broke. Just goes to show how good the runnig gear is. As their is
reduction in the axles they weren't even exposed to maximum torque. Their
was a 1:9 reduction from the motors but I was only running them at half
power from a train controller, it could of course been a duff part.

Thoughts?

Steve

Hail to T.J King of part breakage (I'll never get over how he manages to
break 24t gears)