 Technic / 8375
Re: Small steering with suspension AND drive??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 05:07:41 GMT

"jan-tore" <jan-tore@legotrucks.com> wrote in message
Sorry!

All trucks in a general has a stiff front axle.

Why??  (and offcourse, I have done no research on this...)
Probably because of the strength on stiff axels?

Im not sure about pick ups and SUVs, but for sure
any given car has suspension the same way as your setup.
not trucks!
sorry!

OK. Then I going to make it just for the fun of it :)
I like the challange..

The latest buses from Scania uses has a stiff rear axle and split • frontaxle
with indipendent frontaxles, but not the trucks.
On one of my models I tried to make a driven axle with a overall width of • 24
studs including the wheels.
but it couldnt be done with a differential in the middle.
if you need chassis drawings, let me know!
I have  a bunch from Scania, Volvo and MAN.

regards
jt
www.legotrucks.com

Then I'm going to make a Pickup with tipper, crane and independent
suspension and so on...  ;)
I did not say I was going to build a scale model of anything. Just building
for the fun of it and the challange to manage to fit all that technics into
one small vehicle.

If you going to build a scale model of any vehicle it will be big since the
diffrential is so big. Thats why I have decided to not put the diffrential
between the wheels but with some gear-transmission out of the center and put
it where it fits better. You probably loose some power along the way. But I
have to live with that...

And at last I'm going to fit the RCX in there some place...I think...

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix