 Technic / 8418
8417  |  8419
Subject:
Some nifty backsuspensions for a car?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 22:20:08 GMT

Hello again,

I've been working a lot in the last week so there has been little time for
Lego building. But this weekend I finished the back-suspension ideas that I
had for my car/truck/pickup project.

Look at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=27937

Until its been moderated you can have a look at:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Suspension/backsuspension1.jpg
This one has been discarded by me because of its bulky-looking, and there
was not easy to mount this unit into the frame of the car.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Suspension/backsuspension2.jpg
This one is much better looking and its lighter and uses fewer parts.
It is still verry sturdy, I've dropped it several times in the floor without
anything been damaged (when trying to balance it on the desktop when drawing
it in Ldraw)
It is also easyer to attach this unit too the frame of the car. And also
easy to transfer power to the wheels.

When moderated you can also have a look at the photos I've taken of these
two units.

Next: building the frame of the car.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes