 Storage / *670 (-50)
  Re: What do you do with your empty boxes?

(...) Up until really last year and the Star Wars sets, I never was a duplicate set collector. Generally because I could never afford it. I still have the duplicate boxes of the SW sets, though in buying duplicates of the Shell sets, I'm only (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you do with your empty boxes?

(...) This one made me laugh out loud :) Actually, having taken over our apartment, we only used to nest boxes, but now we're cutting down the smaller ones and stuffing them into the larger ones, (dan has never had a closet, and mine has the dining (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

Wow. I just got online for the specific purpose of asking the question. I expect at least 5 or 10 sets, including a few big ones for X-Mas and I'm tyring to figure out where to put em. "Kevin Zwicker" <kevin1@netrover.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you do with your empty boxes?

(...) The vacuum formed trays aren't styrene, they're #1 plastic (PETE). Our county has several recycling centers, so the ones I don't use for sorting (the Technic ones usually make nice sorting trays), I toss in with the soda bottles. (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

I kept all my boxes for a while, but eventually gave up due to lack of space. I throw them out right away now. I never plan to sell any of my LEGO! Kevin Zwicker <kevin1@netrover.com> wrote in message news:G5L1KE.B92@lugnet.com... (...) large (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you do with your empty boxes?

Here are some suggestions: - Viking burial at sea - Set the box aflame and push it out onto a lake or pond. It's not the most ecologically sound (or safe) way of doing it, but a big box, like the Silver Champion is sure to attract a crowd. - Flatten (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you do with your empty boxes?

(...) Hi Kevin, I can definitely relate. I think I have some silly idea that if I ever need to sell my sets they'll be worth more with the box, but I also know that I'm never going to sell them. Of course, if anything ever happens to me my family (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you do with your empty boxes?

(...) I just had to deal with this. I also keep an inventory in a spreadsheet. I am forced to update it every once in a while because the input to the inventory is the pile of boxes on the living room couch. I decided to save at most 4 copies of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: What do you do with your empty boxes?

(...) I am in a similar predicament. There are two reasons why I keep the boxes: 1. To be able to take inventory of my LEGO collection. I haven't tallied everything in several months, but I maintain a spreadsheet that tracks the number of pieces in (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  What do you do with your empty boxes?

I am getting buried under empty set boxes. Yet I am reticent to throw them away for some reason. Right now I cut up the small ones and store them in the larger ones. Unfortunately, I am running out of space to store the large ones too. (Actually I (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Storage bins gift pack: WalMart

Stopped in at my local Wally World and found a "gift pack" of storage bins on sale. The gift pack contains the following: * 60-drawer unit (each drawer 2 1/8"W x1 1/4"H x 5 3/4"D) * 23-drawer unit (3 sizes of drawer: - 16 small drawers: 2 3/4"W x 1 (...) (24 years ago, 14-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Lego parts organizing

(...) (moved to .storage, which is where I believe it belongs) I sort by: 1-brick type 2-colour So, I have oodles of 2 sizes of tubs (about 45 total, so far). I mostly sort by part type, so for example, all my windows are in one tub, my normal (non (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage containers at KB Toy Liquidators

They are found at outlet malls (US, Canada?). Our local store (at the outlet) is called Toy Liquidators. I have found that our KB toys store found at our local mall carries a lot of the same items. KB kids is the website for these stores and there (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storage containers at KB Toy Liquidators

In lugnet.market.shopping, Rose Regner writes: Hello Rose!! Where is KB Toy Liquidators? Is there a web site?? Thank you!! (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.storage)

  Storage containers at KB Toy Liquidators

I bought several Erector set storage containers at KB Toy Liquidators. They were 4.50, they have 25% off Erector sets. They are about 14" X 18" X4". They have an inner tray that is removable and a bottom compartment. The lid has a place to store (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Where do you keep your Lego?

Cross-posting to .storage Jude (...) (24 years ago, 2-Nov-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Cheap storage outside US?

(...) Do you have Woolworth in Holland? In Germany, Woolworth doesn't offer the full LEGO product line, but they often have special offers and are in general cheaper than retailers. (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Cheap storage outside US?

Any ideas for countries that don't have Walmart, K-mart and the likes? Especially Holland, as that's where I live.... Duq (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Cheap clear storage

"Steve Bliss" <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:in33qsguiell491...4ax.com... (...) Lucky b******s! Here in Holland they're $0.40 each! Duq (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: LEGO organization on a budget. Is it possible?

Adam, I just started reselling these great units from Gould plastics called Slide-n-Lock. I didn't want to mention them until I got our website up for them, but they are the units that I use myself. Gould doesn't have any resellers that sell these (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: LEGO organization on a budget. Is it possible?

Well I think I've settled on my storage medium. Gladware. The stuff is really cheap (about $0.75 for a 64 oz. container), stackable, and pretty gosh darn durable. Well now the sorting begins (ugh!). Adam (24 years ago, 21-Oct-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: LEGO organization on a budget. Is it possible?

(...) For the small bits, (and some larger bits) I use fishing tackle boxes. A bit more expensive, but very flexible. (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: LEGO organization on a budget. Is it possible?

The most inexpensive storage unit is the resealable plastic bag. You can buy these in snack, sandwich, quart and gallon sizes, usually 50 or 100 in a box for several bucks. You can store smaller bags in larger ones, so your gallon bag might contain (...) (24 years ago, 16-Oct-00, to lugnet.storage)

  LEGO organization on a budget. Is it possible?

Here is my problem. I currently have four 18 gallon rubbermaid bins filled with PBB's. Unfortuantely, bulk rubbermaid storage makes small parts (and sometimes larger ones) a pain to find. So today after looking for a computer piece that I had only (...) (24 years ago, 15-Oct-00, to lugnet.storage)

  what should I put my lego in?

I have just bought my first set since my DA, an 8448 supercar. I also have some smaller technic sets like the speed slammers red car and I want to know what I should put it in. I got myself a plano tackle systems 2 tray tackle box which will be good (...) (24 years ago, 13-Oct-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Good lightweight shelving for display?

(...) I finally got back to IKEA about a week ago. They had just enough IVAR shelving in stock in the size I wanted (7 foot tall, deep shelves), so I bought several hundred dollars worth of it. Oops. And I am very happy with the IVAR! My Lego room (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing Instruction Manuals

Just like to add a comment in the UK I can get the following 200 Plastic Selves for £3 for 200 A4 Manuals Folders , there are two types - leval arch file, which is the largest but damage's your manuals over a period of time, this is the cheapest one (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing Instruction Manuals

G'Day I like storing my instruction sheets in vinyl page protectors placed in binders. The catch is you need a contact in Europe who can can you a couple of A4 size sheet protectors and binders, since half the instructions are printed in Europe on (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Cheap storage containers at Walmart

(...) I haven't seen the Rubbermaid version yet but have been seeing the Sterilite version ("Show Offs"?) for a while now, is it so hard to think that Sterilite could beat Rubbermaid to the punch? (...) I have both Rubbermaid and Sterilite "shoe (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Plano 1258 storage for Classroom Robotics

I got enough requests for the PDF version of my box labels that I put them up on Brickshelf: (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

  Re: Storing Instruction Manuals

Don't overlook the simple solution of hanging files in a file cabinet. They are 11.75 inches wide, so the instructions fit just fine. You can use manila folders inside the hanging files if you want to subdivide by size. This has the added advantage (...) (24 years ago, 24-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing Instruction Manuals

(...) Hie thee to Wal-Mart, where you can buy zipper binders for $2.00 on clearance (from Back to School). these won't help on the really BIG instructions, but are great for the 8.5 x 11 or near that size (but smaller). YOu will need some sheet (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  RE: Clear Small Parts Boxes on Clearance @ Target

----So the dividers stay in better than the old Plano boxes? That would be great! Yes, the older ones just slip in, while the new one grip pretty snug the last 1/4" or so during insertion. Thanx, Mark Millère (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Clear Small Parts Boxes on Clearance @ Target

(...) So the dividers stay in better than the old Plano boxes? That would be great! (...) If the dividers stay in good, this would be very welcome. I have some parts situations which could benefit from the deeper box. Frank (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Clear Small Parts Boxes on Clearance @ Target

(...) I just found "new" Plano 3700's at Lowe's that now have 48 divisions and the inserts stay in well. They are using a new label also. Odd though is they still label it a 4-24 box with only 24 dividers. They are also ~$1 cheaper then Wal-Mart or (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Clear Small Parts Boxes on Clearance @ Target

(...) $1.90; (...) Ooh, I hope they aren't discontinuing the Tuff Tainers. I like these much better than the Plano brand. They have twice as many divider positions, and the dividers stay in much better. I'll have to check the local Targets here and (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Clear Small Parts Boxes on Clearance @ Target

I was at Target near Detroit and they had clear small parts storage boxes on clearance by the fishing stuff. Flambeau #5004 (large) Reg. $3.99 tagged $1.90; Flambeau #4006 (medium) Reg. $2.99 tagged $1.40. Seemed like a good deal so I cleaned 'em (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing Instruction Manuals

Michael, (...) Your welcome. Always happy to put a plug in to my page, although it needs a vast update, which I am in the midst of. (...) they (...) You can get them at Office max, Office Depot, Staples, etc. They are just about anywhre where office (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing Instruction Manuals

Thanks Scott! I read your page over, it's just what I was looking for. Where could I get those holders? Would Office Max carry them? Also, about how much would they cost? ~ Michael (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Storing Instruction Manuals

Michael, You can check out my site, I use several different Avery products, such as picture holders and the plastic coverings with the three ring binders. It works rather well, IMHO. Here is the link: (URL) S. -- Want LEGO Elements at Great Prices? (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Storing Instruction Manuals

Hello Everyone. I've decided it's time to organize and store my instruction manuals. The large size manuals don't fit very well into folders, because the tops peak out and are bound to get bent. (!) I have 100+ instruction manuals, so small-scale (...) (24 years ago, 17-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Plano 1258 storage for Classroom Robotics

Howdy, ...very nice! I still like my school's design with a mobile cart and removeable tubbies for the majority of parts. ( Take a look at (URL) for an example ). There are so many Lego elements in our labs, the stowaway boxes can become difficult (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:000201c01ceb$43...@pro150... (...) (More (...) I've been involved with education for over a decade (judging science fairs, PTA, School Site Council, etc.) I've just *finally* gotten the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

  RE: Plano 1258 storage for Classroom Robotics

(...) Yay hooray! It's great that you're getting involved with education... (...) I've just showed this to my better half and she finally "gets" why I spend time putting seemingly useless stuff up on the web. It's because someone, somewhere might (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

  Plano 1258 storage for Classroom Robotics

I recently started a FIRST Lego League team at my daughter's school. (More about that can be found in lugnet.edu). As we get prepared for the challenge, I am using a variety of team exercises for small teams of 2-4 students. Each team needed a (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.edu)

  RE: Cheap storage containers at Walmart

(...) I'd think Sterilite would be the imitation...? Anyway, when I went to Walmart, they were out of the $.98 Rubbermaid, so I bought 20 of the $.88 Sterilite 4.5qt containers. In this case, an extra qt wouldn't have helped much, so I saved by (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Cheap storage containers at Walmart

(...) Yes, it looks like they finally tracked down the source of the lead in the Rubbermaid Engineering Department's water supply: the "Snaptopper" box looks suspiciously like a knockoff of the recent Sterilite offering, but it does seem to be (...) (24 years ago, 28-Aug-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Cheap storage containers at Walmart

I picked up some Rubbermaid 5.7 qt (5.39 Liter) containers yesterday for $0.98 a piece. These clear plastic containers are 1.13'x8.5"x4.x" (34.5 cm x 21.6 cm x 10.6cm) I found them at the end of an aisle under a big "Back to School" sign. Store (...) (24 years ago, 27-Aug-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Cheap clear storage

(...) Thanks for the warning. It's probably worth the $.20 risk. (...) Many grocery stores have got these way-cool machines that you feed your bottles and cans into. They read the UPC barcode for all the containers, and spit out a refund slip that (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Cheap clear storage

(...) Oh, man, I forgot about that. Here, we have to go searching for some place that will take them. So I do not feel bad about cutting them up. I should warn you that this does not ALWAYS work. I had some where I had Sam's and Coke, and the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.storage)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact