 Storage / 624
Re: Cheap storage containers at Walmart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 12:11:00 GMT

In lugnet.storage, Andreas Stabno writes:
I picked up some Rubbermaid 5.7 qt (5.39 Liter) containers yesterday for
$0.98 a piece.

Yes,  it looks like they finally tracked down the source of the lead in the
Rubbermaid Engineering Department's water supply:  the "Snaptopper" box looks
suspiciously like a knockoff of the recent Sterilite offering,  but it does
seem to be better.

And it beats the heck out of those stupid "Fashion Clear" boxes with the
patented "Don't stack me,  or I'll jump!" domed lids.

Interestingly,  Walmart seems to be the only place around here that has them:
Target looks like it might be switching to Sterilite,  and K-Mart is loaded
with those icky "Special Edition" versions of a previous botched design.

Ran