 Storage / 642
Re: Cheap storage containers at Walmart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:12:24 GMT

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:24:06 GMT, "Bram Lambrecht" <BXL34@po.cwru.edu>
wrote:

Ran Talbott writes:
Yes,  it looks like they finally tracked down the source of the
lead in the Rubbermaid Engineering Department's water supply:  the
"Snaptopper" box looks suspiciously like a knockoff of the recent
Sterilite offering, but it does seem to be better.

I haven't seen the Rubbermaid version yet but have been seeing the
Sterilite version ("Show Offs"?)  for a while now, is it so hard to
think that Sterilite could beat  Rubbermaid to the punch?

I'd think Sterilite would be the imitation...?
Anyway, when I went to Walmart, they were out of the $.98 Rubbermaid, so I
bought 20 of the $.88 Sterilite 4.5qt containers.  In this case, an extra qt
wouldn't have helped much, so I saved by buying Sterilite.  They work pretty
well...I haven't had any tops fall off yet.  I could use a few 9-12qt
containers though--the ones I have don't have lids, except for one.
--Bram

I have both Rubbermaid and Sterilite "shoe box" style's and have not
had any problems with the lids staying attached on either brand.   I
think the earlier post was talking about the ability to stack
decently, the Fashion Clears have a domed IIRC that makes them much
more prone to falling over.   Most of the ones I have either have a
level lid or a recessed lid that makes stacking more secure, you just
get a bit less capacity.  What I dislike is that they keep changing
the lid styles or time so it gets hard to mix stacks of the
containers...

Bram Lambrecht
BXL34@po.cwru.edu
http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/

Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle!