 General / 25361
Re: What do you do with your empty boxes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 02:51:06 GMT

Sean Harrington wrote:
- Flatten and store - Although not many of the boxes do this well, most are
designed for the outer packages at least to break down flat. Open all tabs,
then look inside the box and find the glued tab. When collapsing the box, make
sure that tab is flat and not bent, as this is how they are stored prior to use
at the factory. The card board inner frame can also be done this way, but
usually takes up more room. As for the vacuform styrene, who knows, maybe a
nice set of planters?

The vacuum formed trays aren't styrene, they're #1 plastic (PETE). Our
county has several recycling centers, so the ones I don't use for
sorting (the Technic ones usually make nice sorting trays), I toss in
with the soda bottles.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com