 General / 25355
Re: What do you do with your empty boxes?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.storage
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 01:15:47 GMT

Kevin Zwicker wrote:

I am getting buried under empty set boxes. Yet I am reticent to throw them
away for some reason. Right now I cut up the small ones and store them in
the larger ones. Unfortunately, I am running out of space to store the large
ones too. (Actually I have already run out of space)

I was wondering what you do with them? Do most people throw them out? Cut
them up? Or keep each one in imaculate condition?

Hi Kevin,

   I can definitely relate.  I think I have some silly idea that if I ever
   need to sell my sets they'll be worth more with the box, but I also know
   that I'm never going to sell them.

   Of course, if anything ever happens to me my family would probably sell
   them off, so the boxes would help.

   Anyhow, I put all of the smaller boxes into large Rubbermaid 36 gallon
   tubs in my attic.  The larger boxes just go into large trash bags, sealed
   off, and put in the attic where they won't get crushed by anything else.

   Of course, I'm lucky enough to a 40x30' full-size attic that's almost empty.

Chris